Page 497 of 585 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 11689

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    RDO has long retired from international basketball and yet we're still in search for one to replace him as stretch four. He wasn't that quick at all, he had that slow dribble into the middle but was effective because he was pretty good at shooting 3s and an able passer. Neither was he exploited on the defense end except by forwards who were way taller. Besides, I wasn't talking best fit, was just saying Kai is showing he can play stretch 4 contrary to what his naysayers have been saying
    Kai will undoubtedly dominate the Asian scene. That was were RDO was effective. In the world stage tho, not so much. My comment was geared more towards the world scene and if ever Kai does make it to the NBA.

Jeff Bendel Director of Player Analysis
    @Phenom_Hoops

Jeff Bendel comments on Kai in their podcast. I just extracted the significant ones.

MVP is kai sotto. Simply unbelievable and ridiculous. His kind of a modern day version of hakeem Olajuwon. He is really unique player. His passing was arguably the most impressive trait. I dont see anyone like him currently in the states then added he hasn't seen someone similar to kai for the last 5-10yrs. 8:50-10:05

He added he haven't seen someone like kai in his lifetime at least in US highschool. He is criminally underrated prospect.lol

Jamie Shaw. He is a Unicorn and a triple threat at 7'2.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/phr-pod...-sotto-phenom/

I will leave it here and let you guys read it.lol Just check how far your assessments as compare to these scouts who don't have any bias and innate interest regarding kai.

Btw, they do this for a living and they been selling their contents to coaches all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Kai will undoubtedly dominate the Asian scene. That was were RDO was effective. In the world stage tho, not so much. My comment was geared more towards the world scene and if ever Kai does make it to the NBA.
    I was actually referring to his world cup stint. RDO had some good games in the world cup specially with those 2 man plays with Jimmy. Kai is about 10 inches taller. Of course Kai will play center when alongside AJ but he'll be playing 4 when with junmar or kouame. A 3 big lineup composed of kouame, Kai and AJ might also work in some occasions

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Parang malaki na ata si kai!XD di na patpatin. He doesnt look weak. Pwede nang madraft. Give him another year and he will be bigger.
    Last edited by TWiTCH; 02-04-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    So as per Kai chances are he is going to college as the next step than go pro. Whichever way He still needs to grind if he wants to make a serious impact in the next level. Just watched replay of his game against Hargrave and he seems to be in a better condition and showing more energy and effort defensively. Looks more comfortable in the PF position. (love to see more of the catch and shoot plays drawn for him). Still has issues against stronger/more physical and quicker teams something that will evidently show in the next level however Kai seems to have the right attitude and mindset which hopefully will fuel him to continue to get better and not get complacent (Ehem Kobe P)

https://mobile.twitter.com/StellarHo...04018158686208

Class of 2020 7’2 Kai Sotto is so talented!
    @kzsottolive
    IQ is amazing along with his unique skill set. He’s going to make a big impact at the next level ��

Kai is a really smart, giving thoughtful answers. i liked how he got back at the interviewer and asked "what do you mean?" He will definitely be the face of Philippine Basketball for the next 20 years, and Im so excited for him.... and us

Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    Kai is a really smart, giving thoughtful answers. i liked how he got back at the interviewer and asked "what do you mean?" He will definitely be the face of Philippine Basketball for the next 20 years, and Im so excited for him.... and us
    He could even be the face of Asian basketball as a whole. He was discussed in different forums in other asian countries. His likable personality and good looks would help his marketability.

Smart kid and those were nice answers. None of those bullshit default answers like "i always do my best" But then again, Kobe also had some nice interviews back in his HS days in LA. I hope Kai follows through with his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Kai is a 4 star recruit. IRC Kobe was only a 3 star. And 68th, while many of you say is low, is still an achievement. The kid keeps getting better and better. I'm not sure though what the Sotto's plans are. If Kai is going to college in the US, they have to decide if the family is going to relocate. Kai will not have any salary. Anything he gets will be not enough to feed the whole family. The Kobe route would be the best. It seems Kai is more mature and can handle himself.

I don't know if Kai is a unicorn. But he doesn't have to be. Even if he won't be a superstar in college as long as he has the playing time and improves. At the rate he is going he will be one of the better if not the best center in Asia. He doesn't have to be an NBA star. Being able to lead the country in Asia would be a great achievement already.
    Yes he will. Kai's skills are already better than Hadaddi and Yi jianlian. And those two dominate asia in their time.

The only one who can match Kai in Asia is Hachimura. But Rui is not a center anyway. So Kai has high chance of being the best center in asia

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Well that is your view. In my perspective, others are not sold that he is a UNICORN or at least not yet. Like I said, he is someone that people may look into, but not quite the unicorn yet.
    Myopic if you want to view it that way, but it is what it is. At the end of the day, you believe he is a unicorn. so be it. for me, I am just being reserved and hopeful that he gets in and be a generational talent sana. But I can't be too hyped. that is just me. I hope you don't deny me that.

And please, not because everyone is as excited and expressive as you, that it means their not. And many things may happen between here and then, so people opt not be too excited (Well, this doesn't mean that we wanted KAI to be harmed no, Mali naman siguro na pagiisip yun). Pwede ba yun? Besides, WE are still all going to be happy if and when KAI gets pick in the NBA Draft. NO need for you or for anyone else to bicker on how they express their aspirations and dreams for the kid.
    Well, we will believe on the views of legit scouts that you though. Click Bait ei? As if this scouts are vloggers. They are legit scouts, why would they risk their credibility just for the sake of hits? smh

If they just want hits from filipinos then they would have hyped all the filipinos that played abroad. That just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Smart kid and those were nice answers. None of those bullshit default answers like "i always do my best" But then again, Kobe also had some nice interviews back in his HS days in LA. I hope Kai follows through with his plans.
    True. happy to see Kai turn to a confident, well spoken kid. He is a family oriented kid and his motivation to please his parents - dream for him to make it in the NBA, will hopefully be the difference between him and Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    Nice to know Kai doesn't answer interviews like Niño Canaleta does/did.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Well, we will believe on the views of legit scouts that you though. Click Bait ei? As if this scouts are vloggers. They are legit scouts, why would they risk their credibility just for the sake of hits? smh

If they just want hits from filipinos then they would have hyped all the filipinos that played abroad. That just doesn't make sense.
    actual legit scouts don't go on TV or the nets to give interviews. They work for pro teams and colleges and most of their output is confidential.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    actual legit scouts don't go on TV or the nets to give interviews. They work for pro teams and colleges and most of their output is confidential.
    talking of basketball scouts, who are the best talents scouts in the World?

I would think the San Antonio Spurs has some of the best talent scouts in the world for drafting unheralded players by US basketball and turning them into NBA Superstars(Manu, Parker).
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    talking of basketball scouts, who are the best talents scouts in the World?

I would think the San Antonio Spurs has some of the best talent scouts in the world for drafting unheralded players by US basketball and turning them into NBA Superstars(Manu, Parker).
    Toronto Raptors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    So are you insinuating they are not legit scouts?lol They are offering their services to coaches and pro teams. The amount of resources just to organize such events aint a joke. It doesnt mean that they dont work for nba teams, they are already not categorize as legit scouts.lol Both zion williamson and ja morant played in phenom's event before. Ja morant posted a pic of it. Just the sheer amount of players they have been checking is a testament to their legitimacy. It seems you always try to find fault in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    So are you insinuating they are not legit scouts?lol They are offering their services to coaches and pro teams. The amount of resources just to organize such events aint a joke. It doesnt mean that they dont work for nba teams, they are already not categorize as legit scouts.lol Both zion williamson and ja morant played in phenom's event before. Ja morant posted a pic of it. Just the sheer amount of players they have been checking is a testament to their legitimacy. It seems you always try to find fault in everything.
    Even if they say they are not legit scouts, these scouts are still legit than this so called IBN experts. For them if they are not working for a team, they are not legit scouts. But they think of themselves experts. lmfao.

IBN "experts" here think they are more legit than anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Even if they say they are not legit scouts, these scouts are still legit than this so called IBN experts. For them if they are not working for a team, they are not legit scouts. But they think of themselves experts. lmfao.

IBN "experts" here think they are more legit than anybody.
    Exactly, you dont make a living just organizing events and checking players if you are not legit.lol the pessimism is too high in this thread. Their reasoning are too damn head-scratchers.lol

Page 497 of 585 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast