Page 476 of 562 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,520 of 11229

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

[QUOTE=unstopaball12;1341139]This should actually increase his offers, as he is being judged against much better talent.[/QUOTE

Right. Common sense dictates that euro clubs should be more interested now. I don't know why the others are saying otherwise. But from what I'm seeing, Ncaa will be the better route. Kai has been getting the hang of playing against quick and athletic players in US highschopl, and how much more in college. Europe puts more premium on team basketball, Kai already has that in his nature.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    This should actually increase his offers, as he is being judged against much better talent.

Right. Common sense dictates that euro clubs should be more interested now. I don't know why the others are saying otherwise. But from what I'm seeing, Ncaa will be the better route. Kai has been getting the hang of playing against quick and athletic players in US highschopl, and how much more in college. Europe puts more premium on team basketball, Kai already has that in his nature.
    my simplistic take on this is that euroleague would shape kai to be a better international ball player will going the ncaa route would shape kai to be a better individual talent.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    you failed to recognize the last part of my last sentence, "as long as he leads gilas to successful results". that to me would be my barometer for success, to lead gilas to greater heights, whether it be in the nba, euroleague, pba, or even jupiter.
    Ok. But how would you define gilas success? Its impossible for gilas to win the world cup.

Maybe sweeping all asian countries including aus and nz?

Winning the asian games?

We didnt even know if Kai can play for gilas if he is in pba especially if he is in SMC. We all know how SMC dont agree to lend their players.

So If Kai ends up in Pba and not able to play for gilas, he is nit sucessful then?

[QUOTE=astigram04;1341151]
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    This should actually increase his offers, as he is being judged against much better talent.[/QUOTE

Because Europe wants to develop players younger. And they dont want to train Players which already have US basketball style mannerisms.

Remember luka starts with 13, kristap at 15,etc. You rarely see them getting 19 years old and above especially if that player is playing in US.

So it makes sense.

But YES, ncaa is better now,kai and his family settle in atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Ok. But how would you define gilas success? Its impossible for gilas to win the world cup.

Maybe sweeping all asian countries including aus and nz?

Winning the asian games?

We didnt even know if Kai can play for gilas if he is in pba especially if he is in SMC. We all know how SMC dont agree to lend their players.

So If Kai ends up in Pba and not able to play for gilas, he is nit sucessful then?
    greater heights. i didn't say win the world cup. if he ends up in the pba then not be able to play for gilas then i'd consider that a disappointment but not necessarily a failure. i wouldn't call it a disaster like how you would describe kai not making it into the nba.

my simplistic take on this is that euroleague would shape kai to be a better international ball player will going the ncaa route would shape kai to be a better individual talent.[/QUOTE]

And in nba, they look more in individual talent than international team player. Thats why Hakeem is drafted 1st and Jokic drafted in around 54th.

Nba teams value more the individual skills of hakeem than the team play of Jokic. I know they have dufferent era, but still.

So Kai needs more to be aggresive and better individual player

greater heights. i didn't say win the world cup. if he ends up in the pba then not be able to play for gilas then i'd consider that a disappointment but not necessarily a failure. i wouldn't call it a disaster like how you would describe kai not making it into the nba.
    So what do you mean greater heights? What Kai and Gilas needs to do and achieved to consider them having greater heights?

Cause Im curious what do you mean by greater heights. Is gilas being able to enter 2nd round in world cup put them on greater heights?

So what do you mean greater heights? What Kai and Gilas needs to do and achieved to consider them having greater heights?

Cause Im curious what do you mean by greater heights. Is gilas being able to enter 2nd round in world cup put them on greater heights?
    hmm good question. probably dominate asia. i would start with that. asian supremacy would be cool.

asian games gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    the less you can find on the internet about Kai the better.. he can fly under the radar and focus on getting better
    If he continues, by March he should make noise

Kai can prove his worth against legit 7 footers of hagrave military school which will they play next.

Tsf vs hagrave military school on feb 1.

Military school is led with espn rank 69 guard kd johnson. They also have 2 legit 7 footers and one 6'11 PF that can match up Kai and wilmore

But Kai and Wilmore are more skilled than their counterparts. Hope tsf guards can contain KD johnson.

Finally bashers cant use the excuse of Kai playing only eith midgets.

Quote Originally Posted by tataymolo View Post
    Why is it when I search Kai Sotto on Google, the only news articles about him are local.. He also doesn't have a Wikipedia page.
    For a player of Kai's potential, it's good news. You have foreigners who are doing videos on him.

The video above is of a Japanese take on Kai, who also lists his recent MVP and his training in Georgia with TSF.

If a civilian can find that, what more international scouts? Let's reserve the overhype for our own countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    For a player of Kai's potential, it's good news. You have foreigners who are doing videos on him.

The video above is of a Japanese take on Kai, who also lists his recent MVP and his training in Georgia with TSF.

If a civilian can find that, what more international scouts? Let's reserve the overhype for our own countrymen.
    International scouts would do their work. So Im sure Kai is already noticed. Im sure many teams will want Kai to be in their team.

[QUOTE=astigram04;1341151]
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    This should actually increase his offers, as he is being judged against much better talent.[/QUOTE

But the US NCAA doesn't pay their college athletes,a true student athlete,while in Europe,he might be locked in for 4 years but they pay them just like in the Philippines.

[QUOTE=mathematicianrcg;1341154]
    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post

Because Europe wants to develop players younger. And they dont want to train Players which already have US basketball style mannerisms.

Remember luka starts with 13, kristap at 15,etc. You rarely see them getting 19 years old and above especially if that player is playing in US.

So it makes sense.

But YES, ncaa is better now,kai and his family settle in atlanta.

How do you think will the Sotto family survive in the US? The US NCAA doesn't pay their athletes,heck Kai might have to get a part time job to get an allowance.

Do Euro teams like one and done players? 3 years is probably the least amount of time Euro teams will allowed for Kai to get out of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Do Euro teams like one and done players? 3 years is probably the least amount of time Euro teams will allowed for Kai to get out of his contract.

That's the difference,the Euros want to get what they invested on the player/student back and some so a 3 year deal minimum sounds fair,but with Kai asking to have the family with him too,that's not a positive investment for the Euros,probably that's whats holding the deal.With US NCAA,he can do a one or 2 years,only drawback NCAA covers only education,dorm room,food for the school year.Student athlete has to find ways to have some money for his own,usually an allowance from parents or work part time.If Kai decides to drive,he also has to pay for parking permits and he has to buy his school supplies too.

I'm sure Kai has the potential to dominate in Fiba Asia, but still, our team will not achieve the gold and being number one in Asia if we still cannot compliment him with tall guards and small forwards who are also good defenders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Exactly. Thats why offers for Kai in europe expired. Others are saying here that Kai should have gotten more offers. But there is literally no
    offers for Kai in euroleague now.

The factor that some here failed to consider is AGE. Europe mostly offers players U16.

Kai will turn 18 now, and likely to enter draft when he is 19. Euroleague is not a fan of one and done players.

The next option now is US ncaa. I believe Kai and his family can survive there. His parents can work. They will not make a decision they are not sure about. Let us just trust Kais canp.

I initially wanted Kai to europe. But looks like US ncaa is a better option now. Kai is used to US style anyway with tsf. He will adjust again in euroleague.

Lastly, looks like TSF is preventing Kai to go to europe torney such as grabd carania and czech rep. Tourney.

So, Im sure TSF and Kais camp are already in discussion with some d1 schools

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...outing-reports

Is there anyone in this forum have an access i this link?. I read somewhere that Kai is ranked 43rd here by espn in 2021 mock draft

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...outing-reports

Is there anyone in this forum have an access i this link?. I read somewhere that Kai is ranked 43rd here by espn in 2021 mock draft
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/c...21_mock_draft/

Whoever told you that was lying.

Page 476 of 562 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526 ... LastLast