Page 377 of 480 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 9581

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

He is playing Makur Maker in a couple of weeks in Las Vegas, who is like a 7-0 SF, I think he is like a fringe 1st round NBA pick, so that should be a good matchup to watch.

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the development, the footwork is there. If he can improve his explosiveness and athleticism, he is looking like a top 20 NBA pick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell View Post
    He is playing Makur Maker in a couple of weeks in Las Vegas, who is like a 7-0 SF, I think he is like a fringe 1st round NBA pick, so that should be a good matchup to watch.

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the development, the footwork is there. If he can improve his explosiveness and athleticism, he is looking like a top 20 NBA pick to me.
    I doubt Makur will play sf in the nba. His brother looked like a guard in his highschool days but look what he turned out to be now. I see more potential in Makur though.

He's been showing improvements in those departments consistently and I'm positive he'll improve more. Kai is a much better athlete than he thinks he is, that's according to kai's strength and conditioning coach

If there's a definite need or demand for his skillset and talent, he will play right away for the team that drafts him or for the team that acquires him on trade. Otherwise, he will spend some time in the G-league and inevitably will bounce around like any other player with no definite NBA team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    For anyone interested Kai will be playing another ESPN 4 star recruit Ebe dowuona nc state commit. Not as high ranked as Kai but a good challenge

https://youtu.be/qMkAkfRo7Nw
    I am glad it's on youtube because there will be replays for sure.

For sure!

Not only that, he might be a star right away like Porzingis.

Bol Bol, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have the physical toughness even though he's super talented. He just simply doesn't have what it takes.

In the NBA, you have to be assertive like in any other job if you want to stand out.

Makur Maker has fake handles. It wont work against better competition

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Very nice film about TSF and Kai
    He's learning too much here. Playing against better competition day in and day out.

I like his enthusiasm at 1:44. Getting a bit in the nerves of his teammate. Getting more competitive. Polishing his footwork in practice which translates to in game moves.
    He just needs to bulk up properly and most of the other tools are ready...

Quote Originally Posted by cireeex View Post
    Very nice film about TSF and Kai
    He's learning too much here. Playing against better competition day in and day out.

I like his enthusiasm at 1:44. Getting a bit in the nerves of his teammate. Getting more competitive. Polishing his footwork in practice which translates to in game moves.
    He just needs to bulk up properly and most of the other tools are ready...
    Bright kid.

Kai can do baby hook shots using either hands.
    Last edited by spidey102279; 12-07-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Hope kai is not injured.
    Noticed it after his 1st shot and he fall down.
    Hes like walking it off to reduced the pain. Scary scene today.

He’s got to get stronger so he doesn’t get stoped like he did on that play where he fell, not just a Center of gravity thing but also his strength was also a factor. Really good defensively today but didn’t really impose his will offensively like he usually does

Quote Originally Posted by Jflo26 View Post
    Hope kai is not injured.
    Noticed it after his 1st shot and he fall down.
    Hes like walking it off to reduced the pain. Scary scene today.

Without the other half of the twin tower,the other team just gang up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Without the other half of the twin tower,the other team just gang up on him.

Bad game for Kai. But he's getting used to being guarded by 6'10" and up players. If he stayed here, he'll still be competing against 6'6" centers.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post

Bad game for Kai. But he's getting used to being guarded by 6'10" and up players. If he stayed here, he'll still be competing against 6'6" centers.
    lol at 6'6. more like 6'4 and 6'5. hope Kai gets back in game shape ASAP
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Unfamiliarity with his team mates probably. He also hurt his ankle early on

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Unfamiliarity with his team mates probably. He also hurt his ankle early on
    No dude. I believe, in this game, his teammates were giving him iso plays about 3 times inside to post up and 2x up top to shoot or drive. He missed most of the shots he usually makes before the ankle sprain.

No dude. I believe, in this game, his teammates were giving him iso plays about 3 times inside to post up and 2x up top to shoot or drive. He missed most of the shots he usually makes before the ankle sprain.
    You must be talking about the second time he hurt his ankle. He first got hurt early in the 1st quarter as he pivoted underneath but played on. He'll bounce back as he gets familiar and comfortable with this new set of team mates

Page 377 of 480 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast