Page 844 of 928 FirstFirst ... 344744794834842843844845846854894 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,880 of 18547

Thread: The "I'm sorry Brian Shaw / Ignite! Please take me back!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Yeah, the campazzo case should end that debate but tell you, you're arguing with someone who's not really new here^^<--
    Campazzo did not declare for the 2013 draft, he was made available as an automatically eligible player based
    on rule classification as an international player. A players draft year is indicated when they 1st become automatically eligible (2013 for Campazzo and 2021 for all the Ignite 19 year olds)

Sotto is not classified as an international player under CBA definition :
    The CBA defines "international players" as players who permanently resided outside the U.S. for three years prior to the draft, (Sotto will be residing in the US close to 2 yrs before 2021 draft), did not complete high school in the U.S., (he got his US high school qualification from the TSF affiliate school).

Frankly, i dont bother with the thesis like analysis and arguments. Ignite is something new and I'm betting no one here has access to the details of the contract. And while we're all free to speculate, the familiar condescending tone makes me wanna throw up.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/k...ow-host/200385

According to Panlilio Kai will still join the Gilas training in Calamba

While no one may be privy to Ignite contracts, the eligibility rules and process for entering or withdrawing from the draft (including automatic availability to be selected) is publicly available Additionally Kai's management arrangments and the association with Filipino basketball personalities including provision for his family finances is well known.
    Not sure where and how any of the post is considered condensending. All the information while may correct previous understanding of draft entry process is taken from public available info from the NBA.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 01-27-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Here we go again ...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Sir Analyzed?
    Haha took you guys long to figure? I wonder why the change of handle. I saw some threatening posts back then, baka yun. Sana wag natin pinaaabot sa ganun. I have tons of differing views with analyzed, but to threaten him?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Haha took you guys long to figure? I wonder why the change of handle. I saw some threatening posts back then, baka yun. Sana wag natin pinaaabot sa ganun. I have tons of differing views with analyzed, but to threaten him?
    I am not aware of the "threatening posts", i do remember him being quoted with contradicting posts tho, and then he laid low. Anyway, i already had a feeling about our friend "from Fiji" the first day he posted. But i'm surprised tomcat knew too. I guess one need not be a technical person to figure
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by KOYATURLING View Post
    marko simonovic 21 yrs old drafted in the nba 2020 draft. already a pro when he was 17yrs old.
    Campazzo, im bad with math but he's already around 22 in 2013
    ― H.L. Mencken

I am worried about Kai.

Feb 8 Ignite will start. I am not a bad person. But I hope they make the playoffs, but not dominate the league.

If Ignite dominates, Kai will probably given even lower value by ignite.

If they underperforms, they may feel they need a Legit Big in Kai. But If they do not make playoffs, Kai have no games in ignite.

As for Fiba. I think and hope it will push thru. Kai is needed in Fiba. Especially Pba Bigs decline.

And for sure there are Fiba international Scouts linked in Nba. So, it can help Kai's stock

Just to clear for confirmation :

1. Players enter draft by automatically being eligible, US based prospects and International prospects have different criteria of being automatically eligible, players who are eligible do not need declare to enter draft it's automatic that one is entered once they meet the. Eligibility requirements. For US college players they automatically become eligible when they reach 19, leave college or sign with an agent.

2. It may be possible to withdraw your name on list of available players to be drafted even if automatically eligible (however this may not apply to US base players, I'll need to check (Kai is a US base player based on CBA definition and is not classified as an international prospect)

3. certain rules for international prospects do not apply to Ignite prospects like Kai

4. The intention of Ignite program is for select prospects to enter the 2021 draft, and existing rules (e.g. For US based pros not in NBA who are automatically eligible ) may possibly not allow them to withdraw entry. Of course no one is legally obligated to sign or play with a team that drafts you.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 01-27-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    https://sports.inquirer.net/413806/k...las-bubble/amp

WTH is going on? If they continue this, with FIBA still no venue to relocate, Kai might miss a chance to play both tournaments. SMH. Why not let him stay where he has a better chance of playing.
    With the uncertainties that have recently developed, IMO, Kai should just focus on Ignite and skip this window.
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    ewp..
    but wasn’t it EWP that also got Kai scouted “up close and personal” in the US in the first place? getting him to TSF and then taking him on campus visits to Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn etc. was all EWP if I’m not mistaken. and for sure EWP got him on the Ignite radar as well.

so isn’t it strange that after going into overdrive to get him a team in the US and begging off from past opportunities to represent the Philippines before - Mighty Sports comes to mind - they now suddenly do something to skip GLeague games?

There are 18 teams playing in the upcoming G League season. How long will it run? Surely not just a month, then playoffs in March?

Because afaik Kai is still a Filipino citizen, and therefore PH travel bans don't apply to him.

Kai is obligated to play official fiba games.

How can others say that the 1m offer is non existent when ignite paid kai 250 just for mere 20-30 games without returns. How about the Euro tour of both erwin and kai.haha ano yun sila lang nagtour ng sarili without coordinating with actual euroteams? Puro lang kasi ngawa wala naman maayos na content. Puro superficial at obvious lang nakikita at kopya ng mga contents ng writers.

We should hope that fiba move the qualifiers end of march or early april. That would be the ideal scenario. I dont think organizing a bubble would be that quick.

Did EWP and kai organized the campus visits? Still twisting things always. Or was it NCAA teams really interested? Did EWP pay for plane tickets of coaches to visit kai at home? Parang always pinapalabas pr lang and di totoo ang demand.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post

How can others say that the 1m offer is non existent when ignite paid kai 250 just for mere 20-30 games without returns. How about the Euro tour of both erwin and kai.haha ano yun sila lang nagtour ng sarili without coordinating with actual euroteams? Puro lang kasi ngawa wala naman maayos na content. Puro superficial at obvious lang nakikita at kopya ng mga contents ng writers.

We should hope that fiba move the qualifiers end of march or early april. That would be the ideal scenario. I dont think organizing a bubble would be that quick.
    "nakakahiyaan" lng nila, they don't want to be called bashers or haters. But, obviously, they jump at every opportunity to discredit the kid. They'd even claim things like that the euro offer wasn't true, well, without even bothering to present any proof. They'd just post their shit as if they know shit. Something like "the 1M offer never happened, I guarantee you that. And the statement ends right there like anything theyd say is the truth.. all because it was them who said so. Then theyd camouflage it by saying something positive, and that they want the kid to succeed^^
    ― H.L. Mencken

Well obviously there were offers and feelers sent out from both European clubs and US NCAA colleges, which was a good sign....but about the million dollar offer?

Naahhh...even daddy Sotto denied it:

Ervin reiterated that as of this moment, the offers from teams abroad specifically those from European teams are still on the table. Despite earlier reports stating that Kai is being offered 1 million dollars for five years by Real Madrid, Ervin squashed such claims. “Walang ganun,” stated Ervin.
    https://slamonlineph.com/stay-or-go-kai-sotto/

I dont know but in dealing with people you dont disclose details outright.lol you only divulge things once it is final.

There is always a non-disclosure scenarios during negotiation.

If you based it on ignites offer, 250k for 20games and multiply it to 4yrs with possible return then that 1m figure is near or accurate.

EWP didnt confirm anything until it is signed and final. It is basic etiquette in negotiating. Also, this gilas loaning seems to be part of Kai's contract with ignite. It was somehow discussed lightly before. They wont restrict kai if he plays for our NT.

If you do a thorough analysis, kai is worth more than 250k. He will play less than 15games. I am still confident about his draft chances. Drafting potential is the trend. It is unfortunate couch writers see athleticism as the main criteria while coaches and players appreciate skills.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 01-27-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post

They can't do that.. It's either postponed already or move the games in the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    They can't do that.. It's either postponed already or move the games in the Middle East
    Most likely the dates would change. Organizing a bubble isnt easy. You need a perfect location and resources. It took sbp months to prepare for it. Also, they should prepare unforseen scenarios. The sooner they announce the dates the better for kai. He wont be in limbo waiting on what to do.

My bet is it would be at least March pero sagadin na sana mid march onwards would be the best time for kai.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 01-27-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Page 844 of 928 FirstFirst ... 344744794834842843844845846854894 ... LastLast