Page 831 of 928 FirstFirst ... 331731781821829830831832833841881 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 18546

Thread: The "I'm sorry Brian Shaw / Ignite! Please take me back!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural7 View Post
    Yup. A lot of people believe that ball handling is one of the hardest skills to learn. One theory, as you mentioned, is the natural hand-eye coordination and dexterity of a player that puts a cap on how good of a dribbler they can be. Another posits that it's hard to improve if you don't acquire experience early on. The belief is that the processing of the brain improves upon constant and early exposure to certain patterns and stimuli. In this case, the defensive schemes and the defender are the pattern and stimulus. In a basketball game, only 1 person dribbles at a time and usually, the 4 other players aren't as exposed to the same stimuli that could foster ball handling development (we see this with how poor some forwards and big men are at dribbling, they weren't given the reps that guards had during development). Practicing ball handling alone doesn't replicate these conditions and so, the in-game functional dribbling is still missing. If a player doesn't initially or immediately show that he can dribble well, he won't be assigned that task and he won't get the repetitions to develop the skill.
    Well said, for me Kai has good hand-eye coordination (good passer, soft touch at the rim developed at an early age playing 1v1 probably with his dad - theoretically assuming), repetition playing at a higher level (g-league) is what's missing and getting the proper fundamental dribbling posture (legs wide apart, lower center of gravity hence low dribble, which he is training now)

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    Well said, for me Kai has good hand-eye coordination (good passer, soft touch at the rim developed at an early age playing 1v1 probably with his dad - theoretically assuming), repetition playing at a higher level (g-league) is what's missing and getting the proper fundamental dribbling posture (legs wide apart, lower center of gravity hence low dribble, which he is training now)
    Yup I really think he can dribble, he just need to practice it in-game and not just in drills. His posture while dribbling has already improved though.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Personally I will be looking at Kais defensive mobility. I think that would be the biggest stumbling block for him. If he has indeed improve his defense then it bodes well for him. Post defense is secondary to how he defends PNRs and how good he scampers in the perimeter when needed. Third would be how fast he goes back on defense. His outside shooting would be next. I am not sure about handles though. Asking a 7'2/3 player to dribble much is asking for it. Maybe just as a counter for chase outs.

Any one remember Rik Smits. Did he have a perimeter game Kai can pattern from?
    Smits had a midrange game, but he was more of a low-post big.

Quote Originally Posted by eindhow View Post
    What the heck?! Whatís with the thread name �� just wanted to see how IBN is nowadays then this is what Iím seeing ��

Well some things havenít change - the Pinoys bringing the toxicity. Itís becoming like those FIBA or any sports pages in the Facebook comments section whenever a Pinoy engages in something. Plus all those breaching the English thing. Come on! Back then the mods would flag someone. Maybe they wonít even bother in this region of the forum ��

Skipping the name calling and accusations and just reading the healthy discussions.

We all want Kai to succeed. Was his decision to play for us the best? The best for us. But for his career this early? I donít think so. Still, itís a welcome addition to the pool. Hopefully Kai will have great opportunities to create. Iím reading the 10 points or something here. He might actually reach that IMO. Tho Iím looking more of how heíll rebound. Block or alter shots. Show of that good passing from the post. Letís see where his mobility is now because we canít freaking assume the improvement he has from those short Ignite clips in Instagram for crying out loud. Letís see how he fares playing with the best the PH domestic leagues have to offer.
    Same sentiments, if playing with Gilas materializes what I'd watch for is how mobile can he be, Can he keep up with the Korean ball movement, can he sustain playing in 3rd gear or will Kai regress back to playing in his normal 2nd gear pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    Same sentiments, if playing with Gilas materializes what I'd watch for is how mobile can he be, Can he keep up with the Korean ball movement, can he sustain playing in 3rd gear or will Kai regress back to playing in his normal 2nd gear pace.
    I think so too. But I feel like Jong/Tab will try to create defensive schemes that would try to mask Kai's defensive deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    I think so too. But I feel like Jong/Tab will try to create defensive schemes that would try to mask Kai's defensive deficiencies.
    I think Kai has been training on how to defend the PnR. He can’t just drop-coverage his way against Korea. One way or another he should be hard-showing on screens to aid his fellow PnR defender. Because one things’s for sure - we can’t zone them.
    Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post

True, knowing Jong's system, Kai might be relegated back to a traditional big. What happened to Mark dickel anyway, his system was ok

Isnt gilas coaches agreed that Coach Tab System will be the one in used whoever is the assigned "puppet" coach?

Quote Originally Posted by eindhow View Post
    I think Kai has been training on how to defend the PnR. He can’t just drop-coverage his way against Korea. One way or another he should be hard-showing on screens to aid his fellow PnR defender. Because one things’s for sure - we can’t zone them.
    In the other side. Why not use Kai in our Pick and roll too?

But I am really thinking hard which of our guards can be his partner in PnR.

Kiefer? 1gdl?

Hope so. But both guards, more of a scorer.

Matt is the best playmaker. But his playing level I think is not yet on par with his peers

If we only have a deadeye pg in outside shooting. It will complement Kai.

Imagine a Pick and Roll between Alapag and Kai. But we will never see that happen.

Kai will be unstoppable if he rolls or pop

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Imagine a Pick and Roll between Alapag and Kai. But we will never see that happen.

Maybe they can do it with a 2 guard or a SF instead. Ramos, Oftana, perez? On the other hand, Carino seems to be a good cutter. And he's longer than raven cortez. He's not one who'd create his own shots but when paired with Kai, I think he'll be more effective
    ďThe urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.Ē
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

I think Kiefer can do it, he also already improve his outside shooting and playmaking.

With Kai right now in Gilas vs Korea.. We should emulate how Iran dealt Koreans many lose in their match up.. Koreans are having hard have a big, long and tall in the middle.. The only way to beat Korea..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    With Kai right now in Gilas vs Korea.. We should emulate how Iran dealt Koreans many lose in their match up.. Koreans are having hard have a big, long and tall in the middle.. The only way to beat Korea..
    More than anything, I think it's the physicality of the Iranians
    ďThe urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.Ē
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    For the record Haddadi went undrafted in 2004, he got signed to an NBA contract by Memphis in 2008 after an impressive run during the 2008 Olympics even leading the tournament in blocks despite Iran going 0-5

Iran's bracket? Russia, Lithuania, Australia, Croatia and Argentina - (no Asian teams) which makes Haddadi leading the 2008 Olympics in blocks the more impressive
    The thing is, I don't think a hypothetical prime Kai would lose against a prime Haddadi. Kai is much faster, more skilled, and more versatile than the Big Daddy. It's why I don't doubt that Kai will be able to join the NBA, though now with the Gilas inclusion and Kai's exclusion from the Feb leg of the G League, it might be later rather than sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    The thing is, I don't think a hypothetical prime Kai would lose against a prime Haddadi. Kai is much faster, more skilled, and more versatile than the Big Daddy. It's why I don't doubt that Kai will be able to join the NBA, though now with the Gilas inclusion and Kai's exclusion from the Feb leg of the G League, it might be later rather than sooner.
    My post was meant to point out that your statement about Haddadi making the NBA despite playing scrubs is wrong - Haddadi drew interest from NBA teams when he played well and dominated one skill set - blocking - against top international teams in the Olympics and not while he was dominating Asian tournaments when he first applied for the NBA in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Magkakilala yan sila astigram biglang naglalabasan yan para lang pagkaisahan tayo eversince. Friends yan sila sa fb and dito sa IBN. Si cocoy lang wlang link sa kanila kasi alternick yan.haha They have the nerve to say that we make this thread toxic.lol Mas better these days kasi mas united tayu.haha
    AJ Edu Fans(official) facebook page..

My humble opinion, sirs
    NBA teams focus is to asses when a player plays, not his productivity. Jalen Brown was in a bad Berkeley college system and played behind a star, yet the Celtics saw what he did when he played that translates to the NBA . Its the same with Booker who was not a starter for Kentucky yet was a lottery pick ahead of his college teamatares. NBA teams are not looking at touches or usage or production but how one plays when he does get minutes. The reason why Sotto has a low draft stock isn't because he hardly is seen or does not get the opportunities to show his game, but that when he does get touches and plays (including of the ball) his game does not give scouts confidence it can translate to the NBA.
    If Mr Sotto
    enters the draft this year as originally planned (his camp may have changed plan) he is unlikely to be drafted.
    Barring significant improvement in areas scouts are looking for (not more touches or exposure) it is unrealistic his stock will rise in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    AJ Edu Fans(official) facebook page..
    Haha. I think I recognized some of the posters there based on posts here. Infairness though a lot of the members are level headed and only a few are toxic

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    My humble opinion, sirs
    NBA teams focus is to asses when a player plays, not his productivity. Jalen Brown was in a bad Berkeley college system and played behind a star, yet the Celtics saw what he did when he played that translates to the NBA . Its the same with Booker who was not a starter for Kentucky yet was a lottery pick ahead of his college teamatares. NBA teams are not looking at touches or usage or production but how one plays when he does get minutes. The reason why Sotto has a low draft stock isn't because he hardly is seen or does not get the opportunities to show his game, but that when he does get touches and plays (including of the ball) his game does not give scouts confidence it can translate to the NBA.
    If Mr Sotto
    enters the draft this year as originally planned (his camp may have changed plan) he is unlikely to be drafted.
    Barring significant improvement in areas scouts are looking for (not more touches or exposure) it is unrealistic his stock will rise in 6 months.
    That's the reason why Kai should enter in the NBA draft next year 2022 or in 2023 instead this year because he is not physically ready. I agree with some posters that he needs to gain more playing experience somewhere else that includes this window with Gilas.

Page 831 of 928 FirstFirst ... 331731781821829830831832833841881 ... LastLast