No announcement yet.

2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA with almost an eight minute scoreless run in the first quarter and Chile leads it 14-9...
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Huerter brings the US to life with four three in the second quarter, but it's only a 30-27 halftime lead. Chile playing a super game in all aspects other than their shooting...not turning the ball over, creating open shots against the US pressure, not giving up offensive rebounds.
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

US pulls away in the fourth quarter for a 70-50 win. Full credit to Chile, they execute their offense better than anyone else in the tournament but just didn't have the ability to finish their opportunities, and with limited depth they ran out of gas in the fourth quarter two nights in a row. Hopefully they can translate their decent youth results into senior success in the future. Was nice to see a full arena for all three of their games.

US obviously has to play a lot better than they did tonight...Brazil game could be interesting as the Brazilians rebound really well.

Comment

Canada vs. PR is going to be a difficult matchup, have to play well to force the showdown with America.
          We The North

Comment

Watching USA-Chile repaly, this was a night to forget for USA team for nearly 3Qs. When Porter is not at his best and the bigs more or less ineffective (don't know why Allen had so much playing time with Banks benched most of the game) USA clearly isn't unbeatable. Tonight it was first Huerter and then Coleman with their threes to save/secure the result. Good effort by Chile boys, they fought for the entire game with a lot of energy and their big Maxwell Lorca stood well against USA frontcourt.

Comment

My son woke me up at 545 am, game time at 6 am, apparently he wanted to watch! Good win by Canada, first game I really got to watch in full. Super impressed by Wigginton. He's going to be a stud in D1! Also, Brissett looks like a reall good PF at the D1 level as well, impressed by him, even more so then Shittu, but I guess he is older as well. I've been hoping to be impressed by Darling since I have to cheer for my fellow Maritimers, but he has been unimpressive. Alexander, Walker, Kigab and all the wings looked good but not sure if any of them truly stood out to me over the others. Lots of potential there.

Very excited for the finals, but I greatly worry that the USAs size will be too much to overcome.
              We The North

Comment

USA won the title against Canada in a game that was close until 4' remaining, when Canada rallied back to within 2 pts deficit. It was then Fultz (the eventual MVP) and Porter (the most spectacular player in the tournament imo) who took home the result. Good performance of Diallo and Washington for the winners as well. Canada obviously suffered inside but enjoyed a spectacular 3-pt performance by Walker and Kigab. Among the bigs Brissett was of course alone but looked at the same level of USA frontcourt players.

Comment

US had more trouble in this tournament that the last two U18 editions, but there are always so many changes between the U18 and U19 rosters that it's hard to draw any conclusions for next year. They need to defend the three-point line better. A dynamic scorer like Sexton from the U17 would help as well.

If Canada has everyone from their U18 and U17 teams available next summer they should have a strong team. Hopefully they can get over the quarterfinal hump. I don't see Brazil and Puerto Rico doing that much at the WC.

Comment

US 2017 U19 WC age-eligible players pool is wide, even at the highest level. 2016-class top prospects who in theory could make the team include, among others, Harry Giles (injuries barred), Jayson Tatum, Terrance Ferguson, Miles Bridges, Malik Monk, if free from other commitments. And of course, some of the talented U17 WC team members could help as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information