Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: FIBA Asia Challenge - West Asia Qualifiers -

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    41
    Country: Lebanon

    Default FIBA Asia Challenge - West Asia Qualifiers -

    "Lebanon's first tournamemt for this year is Waba Championship starting from 25 May in Jordan."
    "Iran is already qualified as a host. Waba has 2 additional spots ."
    source : lebanon basketball national team page on facebook

    2016 FIBA Asia Challenge will take place 9 to 18 September 2016 in Iran :
    -10 teams will participate
    -Iran and China are already qualified
    -Iran, China, 1 team from Central Asia, 1 team from East Asia (damn! south korea or japan or taipei), 1 team from Gulf, 1 team from South Asia, 2 teams from Southeast Asia and 2 teams from WABA

    -it's the first step in the process of identifying the qualifiers for the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup. (source: hoopistani blog). i don't have more infos on this point.

    do you know where and when 2017 fiba asia cup will take place & with how much teams?

  2. #2
    Senior Member judasmartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,124
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I'm rooting for Lebanon and Palestine to qualify for the 2016 FIBA Asia Challenge.

    *One team each from South Asia and Central Asia*

    India and Kazakhstan.

    *One team from East Asia*

    Damn! Only one of Korea, Japan, or Taiwan! The hype is real!

    Korea is on a decline AFAIK, but don't count them out yet. Korea is Korea no matter who they send.

    As much as I want Japan to qualify, I would like to see Taiwan beat China once again, but with most of the Taiwanese core retiring, I guess it's not going to happen.

    *Two teams from Southeast Asia*

    Philippines (guess we're not sending our A-team here) and a toss-up between Singapore, Thailand, and Indonesia. Malaysia sucked so bad last year.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
    "Lebanon's first tournamemt for this year is Waba Championship starting from 25 May in Jordan."
    "Iran is already qualified as a host. Waba has 2 additional spots ."
    source : lebanon basketball national team page on facebook

    2016 FIBA Asia Challenge will take place 9 to 18 September 2016 in Iran :
    -10 teams will participate
    -Iran and China are already qualified
    -Iran, China, 1 team from Central Asia, 1 team from East Asia (damn! south korea or japan or taipei), 1 team from Gulf, 1 team from South Asia, 2 teams from Southeast Asia and 2 teams from WABA

    -it's the first step in the process of identifying the qualifiers for the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup. (source: hoopistani blog). i don't have more infos on this point.

    do you know where and when 2017 fiba asia cup will take place & with how much teams?
    Your information was wrong

    according to FIBA,this year's FIBA Asia Challenge will extent to 12 teams

    and every Top5 country from Asia Champion 2015, will get one more place for their sub-zone.

    and IF the host country from the top 5 team, the 6th country will earn another addition berth. , but That Sub-Zone must to host an qualification Game

    so the 12 team will be

    host country: Iran

    East Asia:1+1+1+1(China,Japan,Korea*)

    S.E. Asia:1+1(Phi)

    S.Asia:1

    Central Asia:1

    Gulf:1

    West Asia:1+1+1(Iran, Lebanon)

  4. #4
    Senior Member judasmartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,124
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunight View Post
    Your information was wrong

    according to FIBA,this year's FIBA Asia Challenge will extent to 12 teams

    and every Top5 country from Asia Champion 2015, will get one more place for their sub-zone.

    and IF the host country from the top 5 team, the 6th country will earn another addition berth. , but That Sub-Zone must to host an qualification Game

    so the 12 team will be

    host country: Iran

    East Asia:1+1+1+1(China,Japan,Korea*)

    S.E. Asia:1+1(Phi)

    S.Asia:1

    Central Asia:1

    Gulf:1

    West Asia:1+1+1(Iran, Lebanon)
    So my predictions for this tourney are as follows:

    Hosts - Iran
    East Asia - China, Japan, South Korea, Chinese Taipei
    SE Asia - Philippines, Singapore
    South Asia - India
    Central Asia - Kazakhstan
    Gulf - Qatar
    West Asia - Iran, Lebanon, Palestine
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    41
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunight View Post
    Your information was wrong

    according to FIBA,this year's FIBA Asia Challenge will extent to 12 teams

    and every Top5 country from Asia Champion 2015, will get one more place for their sub-zone.

    and IF the host country from the top 5 team, the 6th country will earn another addition berth. , but That Sub-Zone must to host an qualification Game

    so the 12 team will be

    host country: Iran

    East Asia:1+1+1+1(China,Japan,Korea*)

    S.E. Asia:1+1(Phi)

    S.Asia:1

    Central Asia:1

    Gulf:1

    West Asia:1+1+1(Iran, Lebanon)
    it was an information from Fiba website. but yea it's better with 12 teams

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
    it was an information from Fiba website. but yea it's better with 12 teams

    There's no official information or detail about Asia Challenge on FIBA website

    my detail was from a mail by FIBA Asia

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    41
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    well they posted an official information, they changed it. it's ok.. thanks for the clarification Capture d’écran 2016-04-25 à 19.49.17.jpg

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    41
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Waba Championship - 29 may to 4 june - will be held in Iran.
    Iran will participate as well as Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon.
    no palestine

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    199
    Country: Barbados

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
    Waba Championship - 29 may to 4 june - will be held in Iran.
    Iran will participate as well as Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon.
    no palestine
    will be played in JORDAN

    Challenge Cup will be in Iran

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    41
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSHAFA View Post
    will be played in JORDAN

    Challenge Cup will be in Iran
    unfortunately, it will be held in Iran : http://www.arabasket.com/2016/05/03/...n-new-stadium/

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    199
    Country: Barbados

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
    unfortunately, it will be held in Iran : http://www.arabasket.com/2016/05/03/...n-new-stadium/
    Dear it is simple Arabic what is written in the Article you provided.

    It was supposed to be held in Iran but WABA moved it to Fuheis City in Jordan.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    162
    Country: Egypt

    Default

    1.Lebanon sent a 24 list to FIBA Asia but with no details about its list (Norvel Pelle of Homentemen may be the naturalized player )
    http://basketball.asia-basket.com/pl...-Beirut/233033
    2. Iraq made 1 training camps in Qatar and one is going on in Turkey with possibility to recruit a naturalized player Kevin Galloway of Gharrafa
    http://basketball.asia-basket.com/pl...-Beirut/115563
    and 2 foreign based Iraqis playing college basketball in USA and Canada.(No info about their names)
    3. Syrian basketball federation made an in invitation to foreign based Syrians to join the NT but no one accepted yet.
    4. Palestine will no participate (Unfortunately).
    5. Jordan named Osama Daghles the head coach of the national team and invited 4 players playing abroad and all of them will be in except Ahmet Duverioglu (Ahmed Al Dwairi) whose possibility of attendance will be 50/50.
    http://basketball.afrobasket.com/pla...e_Rabat/170702
    http://basketball.asia-basket.com/pl...y_Tehran/56608
    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...anaspor/252407
    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...stanbul/350144
    and have negiogiations with Patrick Rembert who was the best scorer of the qatari national league to be the naturalized player.
    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...layerID=135829

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    162
    Country: Egypt

    Default

    If someone has any information about the foreign based Iraqis who will join the team , It will be appreciated .

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    http://www.arabasket.com/2016/05/12/...sia-challenge/

    I can't read Arabic, but after translated by google, Iran will give up hosting Asia Challenge Cup????

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    551
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    everybody sent their b or c teams..

    In lebanon the finals are being played, so you got good core of 7 - 8 key players missing from the nt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •