This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KBL 2016-2017 Season

New season will open 22nd of October 2016 but the fixtures are to be determined. Goyang won the KBL championship last night and it seems like they are primed for more; hoping to repeat what the Daegu Orions did in 2001-2002.

Free agent cast for this summer is lead by Anyang KGC's Oh Se-Keun, Seoul SK's Kim Sun-Hyung and Goyang's Moon Tae-Jong.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Seoul SK's Kim Sun-Hyung will be doing summer training in the United States to work on his shooting, conditioning and rehabilitate his ailing shoulder. Basing on his correspondence to Yonhap, Kim regretted what happened last season and is working hard to improve his image and overall skill level. Kim said that he will sit down and talk about free agency when he returns in late April.
    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Foreign player tryouts will be held in Las Vegas for the fifth consecutive year. May 1 - 17, 2016.
      프로농구연맹(KBL)이 차기 시즌(2016-2017) 국내 프로농구에서 활약할 외국선수 선발을 위한 '2016 KBL 외국선수 트라이아웃' 참가 접수를 1일부터 5월 17일까지 받는다. '2016 KBL 외국선수 트라이아웃'은 오는 7월 미국 라스베이거스에서 개최하며 참가를 원하는 선수는 KBL 홈페이지(www.kbl.or.kr)를 통해 첨부된 지원 ...
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

After several weeks of news that there was a slight chance that KCC Egis will relocate to Suwon, today the team released a press release confirming that they will stay in their current local.

Good decision as local support has been strong this year.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Bang Sung-Yoon is attempting another comeback with the Seoul SK Knights.
          미주 최대 한인신문 중앙일보가 미국 전역의 생생한 현지 뉴스와 이민 지식, 비즈니스 정보를 제공합니다.

In this article, Head coach Moon Kyeung-Eun applauds his decision but admits that there are factors to be overcame:

1. Bang's health
          2. Off-court issues
          3. Roster needs

Bang retired after the 2011-2012 season due to a season ending injury on his MCL. He attempted a comeback in 2013 and 2014 but was not registered in the KBL. Seoul SK is a stockpiled veteran team with the likes of Min-Soo, Sandrin brothers and Hee-Jung. If Bang is really healthy, he can still shoot despite his lack of lift. That one on one skill is no longer there but he can still shoot, something that SK could use if healthy.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

The 2016 KBL Free Agents List
            [매경닷컴 MK스포츠 안준철 기자] 한국농구연맹(KBL)은 1일부터 진행하고 있는 자유계약선수(FA) 대상자...

Yang Dong-Geun of Ulsan is expected to sign a new three year contract with Ulsan.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Moon Tae-Jong made it known publicly that he wants to play one more season with the Goyang Orions. Most likely Goyang will sign him to a smaller one year deal before he retires.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Foreign player consignment for the 2016-2017 season:

1Q = 1
                2Q = 2
                3Q = 2
                4Q = 1

Serpentine:

R1 = 1-2-2-1
                R2 = 2-2-1-1
                R3 = 2-1-2-1
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Yang Dong-Geun got a three year max deal in re-signing with Mobis. Management promised to go younger in order to make the team challenging again. Yang's contract will expire 2019 and the following year, Yoo Jae-Hak's contract.

Kim Sun-Hyung got a five year deal with his max re-signing with Seoul SK. Kim's contract runs until 2021 summer.

Goyang re-signed two wingers who were vital to their championship last season: shooter Heo il-Young and Moon Tae-Jong whom expressed one more season before retiring.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Changwon LG Sakers will have a two game exhibition game against collegiate powerhouse Korea University lead by Lee Jong-Hyun. Management will get Kim Jong-Kyu to play alongside an LG team mainly without its veterans. In place are the project players and a couple of tryout players.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                      Changwon LG Sakers will have a two game exhibition game against collegiate powerhouse Korea University lead by Lee Jong-Hyun. Management will get Kim Jong-Kyu to play alongside an LG team mainly without its veterans. In place are the project players and a couple of tryout players.
                      Hi! Has the game taken place?

Comment

Originally posted by sickgal View Post
                        Hi! Has the game taken place?
                        Yes it did. Highlights: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/920614

We'll be seeing more of their match ups in the near future.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          Yes it did. Highlights: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/920614

We'll be seeing more of their match ups in the near future.
                          Thanks for sharing the link. Appreciate It!

Comment

Come across an article in Korean language which says Kim Tae Sool is traded to Samsung... Is it a speculation or it's been confirmed ?

Comment

Interesting story about Korean-American, Benjamin Kil.

In 2011, Kil led his high school team to the best record in school history and was later recruited to play for a Division I NCAA team.

Benjamin Kil spends six to eight hours a day in the gym, lifting weights, working on his cardio, and doing footwork drills under the supervision of NBA and NCAA trainers. When he finally gets home at night, the training doesn't stop. In addition to his work in the weight room, Kil spends his evenings learning to speak Korean in hopes of playing in the Korean Basketball League (KBL) — one of the premier overseas leagues and a destination for former college stars and NBA players.

When Kil enters the KBL 2016 foreign player draft in Las Vegas in July, it'll be his second attempt to revive the dreams he had put on the back burner years ago.

"Basketball didn't just come back into my life for no reason," he told NBC News. "I'm truly blessed and ready for the opportunities ahead. Playing basketball in my parent's home country will be something that I will be very proud of."

Kil has wanted to be a basketball player his entire life. In 2011, he led his high school team to the best record in school history and was later recruited to play for the Division I NCAA team at the University of Detroit-Mercy as well as at Division III Adrian College. He has also played on a top-five nationally ranked team in the Amateur Athletic Union and was scouted as a prospect by several teams in the NBA Development League.

But when he got to Detroit, Kil was told that he would not play, instead filling the bench behind Ray McCallum, Jr., now a guard in the NBA. Feeling discouraged, Kil decided to leave his spot on the roster his freshman year, focusing instead on studying for a career in business. He said being a target of racial jokes during games in high school and college also played a role in his decision to stop pursuing basketball.

"It honestly made me feel like I wasn't good enough," Kil said. "I think I was emotionally worn out from feeling discouraged and feeling like there was no support besides my family. All I wanted to do was play basketball. I just kind of shut down and stopped there."

After college, Kil worked in sales at Denso, one of Japan's largest automotive suppliers. But despite his success, Kil said he could not completely remove the sport from his life. He continued to play recreationally, and had support from his former trainers and an agent who wanted to sign Kil to his agency.

"Athletically, Ben tests off the charts," Randy Young, an assistant strength trainer at Eastern Michigan University, told NBC News. "Having worked with hundreds of Division I athletes and professional athletes, Ben is right near the top in regards to his athletic potential. He would not have and has not had trouble competing at the highest level possible."

"His athletic ability is a God given gift, and I recognized it in him at an early age," Will Vance, Kil's former high school coach and a current NBA trainer, told NBC News. "I have not seen a kid in the eighth grade as athletic as Ben."

While Kil has never formally played college basketball, his willingness to give up everything for a NBA dream still keeps him going.

In July, Kil will not be competing against Korean-born players, but against players from the United States and pros in European leagues. Former stars, including Ron Howard, former guard at Marquette University; Ira Clark, former star at the University of Texas; Ricardo Ratliffe, former Missouri forward; and former Los Angeles Lakers guard Smush Parker are among some of the American stars who have participated in the KBL draft. Kil is currently looking to become naturalized to be eligible for selection and continuing his pursuit of playing professional basketball.

"I would love to play and represent my heritage, it's something I've learned to be proud of especially being a Korean-American basketball player living in the states," Kil said. "I hope that one of the teams will take a chance on me that I know they won't regret."

Last edited by DarknessFalls; 06-27-2016, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information