Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2016 college prospects from Serbia and of Serbian ancestry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tallwestman View Post
    6'11" PF/C Nick Rakocevic

6'11" C Djordjije Sljivancanin

7'0" sophomore C Milos Cabarkapa

6'11" junior SF/PF Stefan Jankovic

6'11" junior C Stefan Jovanovic

7'1" freshman C Nikola Scekic

This is interesting. Since Serbia produces lot of tall players, why they are not selected in Serbian official teams, such as, senior, U20/22, U18/19, U16/17? Do Serbian coaches do not like tall player or is there any other reasons?
    because KSS is not doing a good job, anyway, i have a question Serbianhoops, how many of these players from these 5 threads you started would actually accept to play for Serbian NT if called?
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Our clubs are doing miserable work with centers, they don't even try to develop them, we have several great legends at center position, at least Serbian federation should hire them to work with talented tall kids in Serbia, teach them technique , how to play at the position etc.
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
        Our clubs are doing miserable work with centers, they don't even try to develop them, we have several great legends at center position, at least Serbian federation should hire them to work with talented tall kids in Serbia, teach them technique , how to play at the position etc.
        really? I thought Red Star and Partizan always had much success with centers

Comment

Name me one center that those two clubs have produced in the last 15 years ???

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
            Name me one center that those two clubs have produced in the last 15 years ???
            they may not have produced centers but they develop centers very well, just look when Marjanovic was in 1st season in Red Star everyone wanted him to leave, he didnt know how to run, look at him now, same with Kuzmic, Zirbes, Joffrey, Pekovic, you cant say these clubs dont know how to work with C's, also Jokic in Mega, Alpha Kaba, i mean our NT is strongest at C position right now, who developed these guys if our clubs didnt? i agree there are a lot of prospects that never reach full potential but that happens everywhere

Comment

Jokic is anomaly just like was Nemanja Bjelica, he didn't come out of some planned system for big guys , he wasn't even considered as a top prospect in Serbia , he didn't make cadet and junior team for a long time , he debuted for the youth NT in 2013, before his generation competed in three European events , if Raznatovic didn't move him from Vojvodina to his managerial basketball club, who knows what would have happened to his professional career because our federation only care about prospects based in Belgrade area , most of them are making national teams thanks to connection, money etc. , same story with Nemanja Bjelica and coach Pesic . Boban Marjanovic almost disappeared out of the basketball map, Raznataovic also helped him to get on his feet and carry on . We seen that list of players leaving Serbia for the US, there are plenty of big men on them. Why any top club in Serbia didn't discovered them and tried to make something out of them ??? It seems that we produce quality big men only by coincidence and not some good planning and hard work.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information