This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel23
    Have nice opening ceremonies! LETS GET IT ON!

BEWARE OF BIAS OFFICIATING. I REALLY KNOW THAT HOST CAN PAY FOR CONTROL THE OFFICIATING IN ALL SPORT EVENTS
    Unlikely in such an event as Olympics. Diamond Ball Tournament should be an indication.
    aim low, score high

Comment

See, possible controlling their officiating. Also this games had decrease & increase sport events. The host does removed other US & Russian power sport events(the host doesn't have other sport events).

Comment

Originally posted by re5pectas
        Can't understand this Oceania thing.
        Two teams, one always qualifies, and another still has chances in qualifying tournament...

Australia 79 - New Zealand 67
        Australia 93 - New Zealand 67
        Australia 58 - New Zealand 67
        yeah...some countries would love to be in that continent...
        SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

hehe,,
          anyway its over and successful objective by chinese cheaters,
          ================================================== =========================================

Comment

Originally posted by seigle42
            hehe,,
            anyway its over and successful objective by chinese cheaters,
            unfortunately I have to agree
            IRAN - THE BEST BASKETBALL NATION IN ASIA

Congratulations Jia You Iran

Comment

Please be aware...

See this is what I mean...I have seen this happen countless times on countless message boards when discussing Chinese athletes with posters of other races and other nationalities. It is pointless to discuss Chinese athletes with posters of other races and even nationalities who are non-Chinese. They will never admit that we are even as good as them, much less better, (though only individually), because they will always be thinking, "Chinese people are weaker and less athletic than our people, XXXXXXXXXX.<------(insert other posters' nationality here). They think this because the majority of our people are weaker and less athletic than the rest of the posters' nationalities, but what other posters of other races and other nationalities don't get and don't understand is that we have exceptions to the rule and that they shouldn't stereotype or generalize all Chinese people to be the same way, and that they shoudn't scapegoat us to be bad in everything simply because the majority of us are a certain way. That is why other posters of other races and nationalities will always make excuses when they lose to us, because deep down inside, it is not that we think that we are superior to other people of other races or other nationalities because of our athletes, most Chinese people only want equality to people of other races and nationalities, it is actually they who think that they are superior to us. So, when our athletes win, it goes against their idea of a ranking of human beings where we're at the bottom, and the natural order of things, and they get angry and mad that we win over them, like we're not supposed to, and try to tear us down and take us down when we win.

This is because they don't believe in the virtue of equality; or more accurately, the checks and balances that cancel each other out to produce equality. Yes, the majority of our population is weaker, but we have athletic exceptions that balance it out and that cancel out the rest of our population to make us equal to people of other races and other nationalities, all the way up to the NBA level, and that teach people not to generalize or stereotype or assume that we are all a certain way, and to scapegoat us, but people of other races and nationalities do not acceptv those exceptions anymore, as breaking the stereotype, even though they did more as recently as several decades ago.

That's why I'm telling you, discussing Chinese athletes with posters of other races and other nationalities is pointless, it will always degenerate into a racist argument with them oppressing us, and us defending ourselves. They will never be fair, objective, and unbiased, and have a balanced viewpoint towards us, because even though our athletes win, they will always be trying to maintain some twisted sense of supremacy towards us. They will never even admit that we are equal with them, much less better than them, (though only as an individual athlete). Thse discussions will always degenerate into race flame wars, with Chinese people always on the defensive.

We will just have to follow the virtues of the "Chinese way"--let them make excuses for us winning over them, be humble, be patient with them despite the fact that their false comments breed anger within us, be the "big guy" in all of this and say nothing, allow ourselves to be humiliated no matter even if we won, suffer humiliation and use it to build up the spiritual strength to be tolerant of other people and their wrongs against us and their faults, despite the pain that others wrongs and wrong minimizations of us cause us, even when they lie about us not being athletic<----(what lies, we have exceptions, 100 Olympic medals proves that), have a thick skin, and suffer the pain and humiliation that only people living in a communist country would know and understand; communism--a harsh, cruel, ruthless, environment to suffer and bear if there ever was one, and yet, strangely enough, not unlike the conditions and oftentimes the circumstances that a Chinese person faces outside China because of racism and anti-China nationalism, especially now that China is rising, as well. And yet still manage to somehow keep our heads up, maintain our faith and hope, and the belief in our own equality and our own self-worth in the face of evil fire which can whither and waste away your own spirit if you are not careful, and yet still be a good person and nice to people. I believe that is as much a part of the "Chinese way" of propriety and ethics as much as communism is.

By the way, I do not think that it is Chinese posters who have the racist superiority complex over Filipino posters, though some of them, and wrongly so, might be guilty of it here. I also have played on American basketball courts many times, usually in racially mixed groups as you typically find on American basketball courts, and I have seen Filipino players make fun of Chinese players and other East Asians many, many, times unprovoked, but I have never, ever, ever, seen a Chinese or other East Asian player not once, not even once deliberately start it up with a Filipino player and make fun of him in a racist way, looking down on his race or basketball skills unprovoked. No, I beg to differ sir, it is you guys who have the superiority complex over us, not Chinese people who think that we are better than Filipinos, most Chinese people only want equality and think of themselves as equal to other races and nationalities. And I might add, Filipino basketball players unfortunately extend this "superiority complex" to all East Asians.

No, Chinese posters' mistake is defending themselves, and not developing the strength to turn the other cheek and bear it and suffer it like a real man, they actually respond to you guys, in some vain futile hope thinking that they can win, thinking that they can stop you from picking on them, putting them down, lying about them, saying false things about them, slandering them, and oppressing them. And as I said before, from what I have observed on countless message boards from YouTube to other sports basketball message boards, it is a pointless tactic, and one that never results in victory over their oppressors, because then it just starts up again later on in some other way, on a different message board, or in the same message board all over again later on.

Take our Yao Ming for example, a true gentle giant in the mode of "gentle giants", he takes a lot of crap, but in the end does not dish it back out, and remains, (and hopefully will remain so for the rest of his hopefully long playing career, a decent man with class and decency, though I'm not sure if adding Ron Artest to the Rockets is a good idea in order to have him maintain that, Ron Artest might have a bad influence on him), and yet he only gives performance back out on the court--20+ 10+, now that is a real Chinese man.

Let them say whatever they want, but in my opinion, as long as Chinese athletes keep winning, and hopefully they will keep on winning more and more, and in more sports besides just basketball, then our racist critics just raring underneath the surface to say that they are the superior ones after all, must be silent, because in the end, that's the only thing that matters at the end of the discussion, the actions and the results on the court.

Comment

BasketballObservor

I apologize for the behavior of my countrymen who keep on bashing China.
                I can assure you they are just the minority of Philippins poster, majority like me
                are decent citizens who only care about basketball whether Philippins win or lose.

Just ignore this scu m and wanabees, they think God has given them exclusive
                gift and talent.

Comment

Batgirl,

That's OK Batgirl, I understand. Apology accepted. I am just trying to stop and/or minimize the arguing that's all, by trying to make Chinese posters understand where other posters from other races and nationalities are coming from, and trying to show them that no matter what, even if other posters from other races and nationalities are wrong about Chinese athletes and teams, that it is pointless to argue with them, because it will never end because of the particular things they think about Chinese people inside themselves.

And I apologize to you and am sorry to you also for the bad behavior of other posters here to you, no matter who they are. No matter who you are, you do have the right to be heard and respected no matter what your opinion is, and in the end, we do not in the end know that you are not who you say you are anyway. All the people saying that you are not who you say that you are are just assuming things, and we do not know anyway. And it doesn't matter anyway, your opinions have just as much a right to be heard and respected without being attacked anyway and your identity questioned, and are just as valid as anyone else's--right or wrong.

I hope that the behavior of other posters here has not hurt you too much, and good luck with reading all of the other posts and with your own posts in the future. I hope that other people won't attack them as much and will consider them more, and listen to them more for as long as you decide to stay.

Cheers,
                  BasketballObservor

Comment

hi..

The remaining five women's berths for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games will be decided in the 12-team FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Women that will take place in Madrid (Spain), from 9th to 15th June 2008, and that will feature the following participants: Senegal and Angola (Africa), Cuba, Brazil and Argentina (Americas), Japan and Chinese Taipei (Asia), Spain, Belarus, Latvia and Czech Republic (Europe) and Fiji (Oceania). The draw for the remaining five qualified teams will be held on 15th June 2008 in Madrid, Spain..

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information