17/08 SRB 86 CRO 83

1/2 Finals

19/08 USA 82 ESP 76
    19/08 SRB 87 AUS 61

3rd Place

21/08 ESP 89 AUS 88

Final

21/08 USA 96 SRB 66
    Last edited by Kings; 09-25-2021, 02:25 PM.

At this point who has the easiest path to the finals?

Comment

It won't be easy for anyone, and we still don't know about those OQT placements. Apparently there will be a draw after that tourney to determine where will the winners be placed. Right now group B is completely unpredictable, and people will probably think USA has the easiest road, but that might not be the case if Serbia and France land in group A.

Comment

Originally posted by SashKX View Post
        It won't be easy for anyone, and we still don't know about those OQT placements. Apparently there will be a draw after that tourney to determine where will the winners be placed. Right now group B is completely unpredictable, and people will probably think USA has the easiest road, but that might not be the case if Serbia and France land in group A.
        Are you sure about there being another draw after the qualifying tournaments? Or are they already predetermined by qualifying tournament site? Example Belgrade tournament is OQT 1.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
          Are you sure about there being another draw after the qualifying tournaments? Or are they already predetermined by qualifying tournament site? Example Belgrade tournament is OQT 1.
          I thought they're predetermined like that up until like 20 minutes ago, there was conflicting info from different sources, but then FIBA posted their article and announced the draw, among other things.

MIES, Switzerland (Rio 2016 Olympic Games) - The Official Draws of the Rio 2016 Olympic Basketball Tournaments for Men and Women took place at the House of Basketball on Friday afternoon.

Comment

I thought they're predetermined like that up until like 20 minutes ago, there was conflicting info from different sources, but then FIBA posted their article and announced the draw, among other things.

http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/ne...ll-tournaments
            Thanks didn't see that. By the way living in New York I got an opportunity to get a closer look at Jokic last week on tv since Denver played both New York City teams. The guy looks like a stud. Looks like there's not much on the court he can't do and he's only 21. His passing ability for a guy his size was impressive. Where many nba rookies hit the wall around this time of year he is playing his best basketball now. Seems like the steal of the draft right now. Hard to believe he wasn't scouted higher the only negative might be that he's not overly athletic but when you have everything else going for you, he can compensate. Plenty of others have proven that in the past.

Comment

Jokic was drafted in 2014, right before his breakout season. I've seen some estimations that he would be a top 10 pick in 2015. Regarding his athleticism, he was actually far far worse, he's lost 15kg of fat I think, in the summer with the Nuggets, before the season started, and has gained some muscle too. He's a hard worker and this will all probably get even better, that kid has a really bright future.

Regarding this draw, there are speculations that our original assumptions will end up being the same. OQT 1 probably stands for highest ranking winner, OQT 2 for 2nd, etc, so it means France and Serbia will land in group A, assuming they win their OQTs.

Comment

that doesn't really answer my question in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
                  that doesn't really answer my question in any way.
                  I was trying to say that at this point no one really knows. You can't make an educated guess without knowing the remaining two teams in group A for sure. Maybe you should specify if you want to assume France and Serbia will be there, and then we can have a discussion, which would again be a difficult one, because in my opinion that would make the two groups very much equal.

Comment

BUENOS AIRES (2016 Rio Olympics) - Remember that glorious Olympic campaign of Argentina 12 years ago in Athens, Greece, when they captured the gold medal? Remember the player who scored on slashing...

Comment

If you want the best Olympic basketball tournament with the best teams and quality then Serbia and France had to be in it.
                      I am glad it worked out that way.

Comment

+ 3 European nations to Olympic games. No surprises here...
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          + 3 European nations to Olympic games. No surprises here...
                          and almost half are from europe. 5 out of 12.
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            and almost half are from europe. 5 out of 12.
                            There were 6 European teams in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                              There were 6 European teams in 2008.
                              Yes but in 2016 system there were no chances for more than 5 places from europe side.Fiba one and last time all semifinalist from eurobaskets must have direct places to Olympics ! Usa is strongest team and i wouldnt be even suprised if next 4 teams in powerankings are from europe side.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information