Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Linas Kleiza Thread

Default Linas Kleiza Thread

Last night Linas Kleiza have broken his scoring record - 24 points (2pt - 4/4, 3pt - 4/7, FT - 4/4, 8 rebs) in the road win against Sacramento 113-101.

Last night Linas Kleiza have broken his scoring record - 24 points (2pt - 4/4, 3pt - 4/7, FT - 4/4, 8 rebs) in the road win against Sacramento 113-101.

Article from the hoopsworld.com

Linas Kleiza, On Discipline and Togetherness

Hearing Lithuanian international Linas Kleiza talk about the NBA makes you rethink the meaning of the word 'international'. His hometown Kaunas is one of most potent European basketball cities but Linas' basketball is all American. While the Nuggets' forward was still young enough for other sports to possibly win him over, Kleiza made a wise basketball move by staying in Kaunas. The city which gave us Sabonis, Ilgauskas and Jasikevicius then ultimately served as a springboard for Kleiza as he decided to follow in the footsteps of Lithuanian greats before him. The big difference? As a highschooler, he did it much earlier.

That's why the loud NBA locker room makes it hard to tell that Kleiza didn't start out like most of his Denver Nuggets teammates, on a suburban court with a Spalding ball in his hands. Once in the States at the age of 16, he caught up quickly in both basketball and life in general. After attending both high school and college (Missouri) in the United States, his Lithuanian, German and Russian influences rarely sneak into his almost-perfect English any longer. Perhaps subconsciously, it only happens when he talks about basketball back home.

"I stayed back in Lithuania because of basketball. I didn't want to move to the States too early. I had everything going for me over there. My parents already went to the States when I was ten, I stayed in Kaunas with my aunt and uncle and my brother. I learned how to basically live on my own, it definitely helped me down the road."

More

Another article from Hoopsworld
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_21191.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by sashikas
    Great game for him, he's been having good performanced lately, I think he's beginning to find his way. Check the NBA video thread if you'd like to download that game (I certainly will )
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Linas Kleiza has improved his career high points per game record once again. In the game vs. Lakers he has posted 29 points: 2pt - 5/7, 3pt - 5/6, 1pt - 4/5.
    Denver won 113:86.

In the last five in which Kleiza has played more than 20 minutes, he has averaged 16 points, 7 rebounds and is 16-32 from the three-point line. He's always been an aggressive player, all he needs is to be consistent and the touches (rare on a team with Iverson and Carmelo).

Stuart

Another good game for him: 20 pts + 7 rebs (in 29 minutes.)
    Artificial Nature

23 pts + 10 rebs in 23 minutes as the Nuggets beat the Wolves.
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    23 pts + 10 rebs in 23 minutes as the Nuggets beat the Wolves.
    his stats lately are kind of suprising knowing that he plays for guy like Karl, who doesn't really have much confidence in young players...

Kleiza fans Lithuanian's in Timberwolves-Nuggets game

hehe... nice picture, I hope to see him in Euro Championship 2007.

Denver Nuggets forward Linas Kleiza from Lithuania dunks against the Minnesota Timberwolves during the fourth quarter of a basketball game in Denver, Monday, April 16, 2007.

Catching some Zzzzs...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5637257

The most interesting thing that I found in this article was this:

Here are Kleiza's month-by-month shooting percentages from downtown since the start of the season: .143, .333, .360, .385, .434 and .462.

Not bad, huh? I hope he will manage to maintain April's shooting in the playoffs.

Lots of clips of Linas (including some with the Lith NT): http://www.sport-scene.net/details.php?id=673 (torrent video)
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Lots of clips of Linas (including some with the Lith NT): http://www.sport-scene.net/details.php?id=673 (torrent video)
    I dont like this one, cose there are much better (130mb) avesome clip:
    http://www.linkomanija.net/details.php?id=21639

If somebodey will have problems to download it, I will upload to anower source.... enjoy!
    Catching some Zzzzs...

In the last Carmelo-less Denver's preseason game against Portland Linas Kleiza have scored 34 points (10/15 2pts, 2/6 3pts, 8/9 FTs), got 2 rebs, 5 assists 1 steal and 1 TO.

Nice numbers. Let's hope he will be performing the same way in the upcomming regular season and play-offs.

In the last Carmelo-less Denver's preseason game against Portland Linas Kleiza have scored 34 points (10/15 2pts, 2/6 3pts, 8/9 FTs), got 2 rebs, 5 assists 1 steal and 1 TO.

Nice numbers. Let's hope he will be performing the same way in the upcomming regular season and play-offs.
    yes! Nice game by Kleiza. Actually, i was realy decided that Kleiza only fits for NBA this summer during Lith NT team preparation. But in Eurobasket he become very important person and helped our team realy much. Good luck LINAS!

I found intresting video from Nuggets training. NBA has some trainings before season, i guess
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qMzt9W0ICE
    Last edited by Straight forward; 10-28-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Kleiza's 3rd year rookie option was given to him just before the season started.

The NBA season started and Kleiza had another good game against the Seattle SuperSonics. He played 27 minutes and scored 18 points (6-12), 6 rebounds, and 3 assists (way to work those factors of 3). He made 5-10 3-pointers. I think he started in place of JR Smith, who didn't play a single minute of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair
    Kleiza's 3rd year rookie option was given to him just before the season started.

The NBA season started and Kleiza had another good game against the Seattle SuperSonics. He played 27 minutes and scored 18 points (6-12), 6 rebounds, and 3 assists (way to work those factors of 3). He made 5-10 3-pointers. I think he started in place of JR Smith, who didn't play a single minute of the game.
    As far as I remember JR Smith was suspended by the club for three games. Cant remember what for, though.

As far as I remember JR Smith was suspended by the club for three games. Cant remember what for, though.
    Yes, you're right. He was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team." I think he was accussed of groping a woman while he was drunk as a skunk at a night club. But this was only a prelude to the Nuggets trying to ditch him. I've read on the HoopsHype.Com rumors page that the Nuggets are trying to move him because of his poor attitude or disagreements with Coach Karl or some such nonsense. They had a lot of problems with him during the play-offs last year. Smith is basically a bad apple, and Kleiza is a better player in any event.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast