No announcement yet.

Asia Championship 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Mohsena, your team deserved the win.

orget the booing part it has to do a bit political too ( so i dont wanna into that discussion).

We need to drop the 3 foreigner rule. We lost because of Walid Nassar.

Comment

• Bad game for us, we knew where exactly the punches came from yet we still receive all of them..Our bigs are exposed but that was due to the game plan..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• #32 Lee Jong-Hyun DNP for Korea last night due to a sprained ankle. Hur Jae said Lee will be available in the next game.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Congrats to Iran !
          They were better than us. As i said before the tournament we lack shooters especially in the starting 5 so they played zone defence they just killed us and i think our players had too much respect to Iran especially at the beggining, they were lost but at the same time big credit to Iran. I don't know if they are better individually but they are so much better than us as a team and a very high basketball IQ. We lack also this.
          Something must be review in our basketball (3 foreigners, naturalized player, coach, etc).
          We must learn how to loose to win.
          Congrats one more time Iran.
          Last edited by Lebasketball; 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
            Yeah baby. semifinal here we go ! Not the best of performances again but we got the job done. and that's all that matters in this stage of the competition.

pity we played very soft in defense in last 3-4 minutes letting them to narrow the lead to just 10 . we could win by much more but that's probably doesn't matter .

even though I think coach Hatami had made some good decisions in crucial moments but still this is unbelievable to play almost the whole game with 6 players ! he HAD to bench Haddadi in 3rd quarter. he knows they called up Haddadi from his holiday and he is not in great shape to play the entire game. even though the last time he played the entire game in a QF was in 2011 and we know what happened !

while all 6 players played good tonight I believe Mashayekhi was the star of the day, he scored few crucial baskets in 3rd quarter when we were in trouble.

and I hope Hatami doesn't repeat the same mistake against Korea, in that game we can bench Haddadi for few minutes, Arghavan is good enough to handle the Korean centers. please don't exhaust Hamed more than this ! in past few years we usually had no problems with Korea except for 2014 Incheon final but this Korea is getting better and better throughout the tournament
            Congrats for the win and we appologize for the booing. I was in the court and i was furious about it. One of the Federation members raised his hand asking the fans not to do that alas! As for the game this tournament proved your superiority over us in basketball. It is sealed. Especially on the mental side. We are a very emotional team and you can easily get us out of system. Hadadi is a one of a kind!

Comment

• China are playing vs Australia the way we expected them to play their first four games. They elevated their game today.

Comment

• We can clearely see why Lebanon and Philippines are not in the semi-final !
                I think it's ok to say that Lebanon and Philippines have some good and talented players but what makes the difference between us and for example Iran ?
                We rely a lot on the 1 on 1 or street basketball
                Basketball is a team sport and you can't win playing like this ! The Two teams don't know how to control the tempo, the rythm and basketball is all about the rythm.
                We have to learn back the basis.
                For exemple Arakji is always playing uptempo but sometimes he should not. He must improve three things : the tempo, his shootings and his free throw.
                We rely a lot on Fadi and when a team like Iran stopped him well we were lost.

Now we will play the 5th place like two years ago. It's disappointing but we have to stay optimistic and find a way to be back in the top 4 in 2021 !

Comment

• I really dislike the addition of new zealand and australia, it basically killed any chance for many teams to win ever. their second third teams are capable of winning by 20 - 30 points.All this with 5 - 10 NBA players missing from them.

i hope its either korea or iran holding the title.

Comment

• oh man games like this are no good for health what a game , we had so many up and downs. we started great, then 2nd quarter was beyond terrible. despite our tough defense Korea still had a hot shooting night,

that was the worst Haddadi ever tonight, he had his 1st FG in last 2-3 minutes ! he is our best player for sure but sometimes he becomes our weakness and unfortunately coach Hatami didn't have ball to bench him. Hamed only started to do something after his 4th foul !

great game for Arsalan, Great game for Yakhchali. he is making the 3s even better than Afagh. Jamshidi was good despite some stupid turnovers .

I don't think we stand a chance in the final, specially now since our starters are probably very tired. I'm already happy with the result, things didn't go well in preparations this year and they had to call up Oshin and Haddadi very late.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                      I really dislike the addition of new zealand and australia, it basically killed any chance for many teams to win ever. their second third teams are capable of winning by 20 - 30 points.All this with 5 - 10 NBA players missing from them.

i hope its either korea or iran holding the title.
                      Actually, Asia basketball level is too low.Boomers and Tall Blacks are both just team C.

Comment

• Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                        Actually, Asia basketball level is too low.Boomers and Tall Blacks are both just team C.
                        Yeh they belong to europe probably, not asia. If we gonna speak level.
                        If we will speak geography they are not in asia either.

the history of asian bball will change alot with australia & nz coming along.

Comment

• My Ranking for A teams

1 - Australia

big gap

2 - New Zealand

big gap

3 - China
                          4 - Iran

small gap

5 - Philippines/Lebanon/South Korea

this should be 7 teams representing asia in world cup.

Comment

• I agree that moving New Zealand and Australia to Asia doesnt seem like a wise choice.I mean they propably took the idea from FIFA but in soccer quite a few Asian teams are competitive.It's depressing to see Australia
                            s 3rd team just steamroll over their compeittion.In the end playing against Fiji Islands or playing against Japan doesnt make much of a difference for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                              I agree that moving New Zealand and Australia to Asia doesnt seem like a wise choice.I mean they propably took the idea from FIFA but in soccer quite a few Asian teams are competitive.It's depressing to see Australia
                              s 3rd team just steamroll over their compeittion.In the end playing against Fiji Islands or playing against Japan doesnt make much of a difference for them.
                              Yes and no...Asian teams can just improve their basketball with such NT's.
                              It will take time but it's worth it ! It's one of the way to improve.

Yes it doesn't make much different for them actually but it does for the Asian teams and I think Asian teams are improving (slowly but it's still an improvment).
                              To play with better opponent makes you better than to play with the same opponent than you.

If for exemple Lebanon Iran and Jordan where playing in Europe, Im sure they will get only better and better and their respective federation will do their best to always work like they have to work because the environment of the European will influence them !

If Israel were still playing in Asia and never played in Europe they wouldn't be that good and they wouldn't improve that much.
                              Fiba Asia must change their way of thinking basketball !
                              First change some rules like the Hagop's one ! Why Clarkson or CS can't play for Gilas as a Filipino.
                              Why not make more clubs competitions in Asia ? Class A and class B ?
                              And the stupid rule of Waba qualification for the Asian clubs ...only one club from a country ! How you can just qualify one team from Iran and Lebanon and put them equal with the one from Yemen, Iraq, etc.
                              A lot of things can be made ! Ok Asia is very big comparing to Europe but come on it's not the issue !
                              Why Fiba Asia don't help developping basketball all they can do it's take money from here and there !

Comment

• Australia is a hard fit. It was unfair when they only had to beat New Zealand to qualify for the Olympics and qualified automatically for the Worlds.

Yet geographically/time zone they'd be a bad fit for Europe and the Americas as well, hard to grow international basketball when every meaningful game they played would likely be in the middle of the night for the locals.

Best case scenario Australia's admittance to Asia raises the game across the board (much like post dream team we saw a raise in the game worldwide), worse case scenario they become a more dominant Dream Team in Asia until someone says screw geography and puts them in Europe.
                                Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information