2016 China National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usagre View Post
    With Yao now long gone, the back to back quarterfinal appearances of 2004 and 2008 are a distant memory. I give China no chance of advancing similar to 2012.
    You are absolutely right, winning 1 game would be a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately even if they develop Zhou Qi + Wang Zhelin (prime) < Wang Zhizhi + Mengke Bateer (prime), and I've watched all the younger players in the junior/"B" teams (Fan Ziming, Zhu Rongzhen, Hu Jinqiu, Tarike Jianiyou) and there is no legitimate NBA prospect. So there is no hope of finishing better in 2020 either.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
      You are absolutely right, winning 1 game would be a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately even if they develop Zhou Qi + Wang Zhelin (prime) < Wang Zhizhi + Mengke Bateer (prime), and I've watched all the younger players in the junior/"B" teams (Fan Ziming, Zhu Rongzhen, Hu Jinqiu, Tarike Jianiyou) and there is no legitimate NBA prospect. So there is no hope of finishing better in 2020 either.
      i think zhou and wang will develop just fine, nba-level or not.

but imo, its d wing positions that china needs to find a gem or two.

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
        i think zhou and wang will develop just fine, nba-level or not.

but imo, its d wing positions that china needs to find a gem or two.
        I think this is the most underrated facet of China's imminent dominance in Asia, their wings.. they may not develop to be nba level like Sun Yue or Zhu Fangyu but they are consistent contributors, Yanyuhang, Xiaochuan, Li gen and Zhou Peng are long, tall(except Li gen) can hit threes, the two can have an off night but 2 will have a good game to compensate it unlike the prev 3 of Sun yue, Zhu and Wang who maybe more talented but not able to use their talents to create mismatches..Simply the three cannot stop bahrami, while the 4 can..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
          I think this is the most underrated facet of China's imminent dominance in Asia, their wings.. they may not develop to be nba level like Sun Yue or Zhu Fangyu but they are consistent contributors, Yanyuhang, Xiaochuan, Li gen and Zhou Peng are long, tall(except Li gen) can hit threes, the two can have an off night but 2 will have a good game to compensate it unlike the prev 3 of Sun yue, Zhu and Wang who maybe more talented but not able to use their talents to create mismatches..Simply the three cannot stop bahrami, while the 4 can..
          Yah, I actually thought their wings are pretty good. Li Gen can both shoot the 3 and drive and is physical and athletic, his like a chinese james harden. The rest can attack in-out too and are long/athletic. I think if anything the Chinese team is lacking is the mental ability and experience. If they face a good team, instead of stepping up they shy away from challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
            We r talking about how china can perform better in olympics, not how china can top asia or beat iran...simply put, the current wingmen of china r not strong enough to help them be more competitive in d olympic level.they r young tho and can improve vastly in d nxt few years.but this year, they dont have a ma or sun or hu or zhu.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
              Yah, I actually thought their wings are pretty good. Li Gen can both shoot the 3 and drive and is physical and athletic, his like a chinese james harden. The rest can attack in-out too and are long/athletic. I think if anything the Chinese team is lacking is the mental ability and experience. If they face a good team, instead of stepping up they shy away from challenge.
              They're good especially given their youthfulness...but they need to find another sun or hu who can really be the top gun especially as their current bigs are not as good as before.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information