Nikola Jokic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srle View Post
    He was always great , as cadet, junior etc. He would have been lottery pick in 2015, If Raznatovic wanted to wait for that draft, instead he decide to put Jokic in 2014 Draft, so he could make more money for himself from Jokic's deal as second rounder , he had a promise from the Denver Nuggets organization that they would take him in the second round. Rest is the history .
    I think INTEGRAL had his eyes on him since he was with Mega Leks :P

Watched that 35 pts game online, very impressive really. Still surprising he made such a tremendous leap forward in so short time.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      FOA, you shouldn't say "he might be better version of Marc Gasol" and than "he will be better than both Gasols". Doesn't make any sense I mean, Marc is not in the same line with a legend Pau. Marc is not even close, never was and never will be. At least in international basketball and in NBA he has no titles as well.

SOA, to surpass someone like Pau is a hell of a task. If that happens, that would be some nearly magical career.
      In my humble opinion Marc is, and has been, a much better player than Pau for quite few years now in the NBA.

Titles matter much less to me when judging the individual competence of a player. Barkley, Malone etc were onbviously much better than Robert Horry despite Horry's titles.

Titles are more a reflection of being with the right organization, with the right teammates at the right time. For a solid 5 years I'd take Marc over Pau and I'd take a prime Marc over a prime Pau as well. At least in the NBA. Internationally where the competition is much lower and the game is more suited to Pau he has obviously thrived.

Marc has not had the situational "luck" Pau has had in both the NBA and internationally. Most who follow the NBA see Pau as a good player but certainly not a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
        In my humble opinion Marc is, and has been, a much better player than Pau for quite few years now in the NBA.

Titles matter much less to me when judging the individual competence of a player. Barkley, Malone etc were onbviously much better than Robert Horry despite Horry's titles.

Titles are more a reflection of being with the right organization, with the right teammates at the right time. For a solid 5 years I'd take Marc over Pau and I'd take a prime Marc over a prime Pau as well. At least in the NBA. Internationally where the competition is much lower and the game is more suited to Pau he has obviously thrived.

Marc has not had the situational "luck" Pau has had in both the NBA and internationally. Most who follow the NBA see Pau as a good player but certainly not a legend.
        Fair enough, but Pau is an absolute super hero in FIBA basketball and is true legend in European fans eyes. Marc doesn't stand no-where close (and he never dominated in FIBA while had quite few chances when Pau wasn't there). And with all what you said, I still not sure Marc could do the same what Pau did for Lakers in those champs years. Pau is amazing clutch player, way more aggressive and talented offensively (scoring wise) than Marc who is more of an influential all-around center. I would want the ball in Pau's hands when the ball is hot in the playoffs than in Marcs. Even if Marc might look or is more impactful I would take peaking Pau over peaking Marc any second (even for NBA games).
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Its way to early to predict what his career is going to look like, Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki are two greatest European players that ever played in the NBA, so its ridiculous to say Jokic is going to be greater than them at this point. But there is a good foundation for him , he already has Olympic silver medal, his NBA sophomore season is fantastic so far , an he will only improve as a player as time goes on , especially physically . And boy is he a fun to watch, he's like version of Teodosic at center position, he's advanced statistics are crazy, he's in the top 10 players in entire league currently
          Last edited by Srle; 01-23-2017, 10:21 PM.
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Fair enough, but Pau is an absolute super hero in FIBA basketball and is true legend in European fans eyes. Marc doesn't stand no-where close (and he never dominated in FIBA while had quite few chances when Pau wasn't there). And with all what you said, I still not sure Marc could do the same what Pau did for Lakers in those champs years. Pau is amazing clutch player, way more aggressive and talented offensively (scoring wise) than Marc who is more of an influential all-around center. I would want the ball in Pau's hands when the ball is hot in the playoffs than in Marcs. Even if Marc might look or is more impactful I would take peaking Pau over peaking Marc any second (even for NBA games).
            Agree with you 100 %, Marc is nowhere talent wise compared to Pau, also he won nothing without his brother , who is true European basketball legend.

Comment

Untitled2.jpg

So that's a crazy stat!

Comment

The Joker gets his first Triple Double!

He just destroyed the Bucks.

Comment

All he needs is his right hand, impressive feel for the game.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

When a serious team focus on him he cant do much - 1 rebound for 15 minutes 3 fouls in 8 minutes vs Kawhi and Lamarcus,he was simply powerless and frustrated
                    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

That's a BS you didn't even watch the game , he checked himself out in the first half by committing 3 dumb fouls, Aldrige has nothing to do with it, he just has the habit committing stupid fouls , that really throw him off his game , he didn't have any trouble scoring against SA in the two previous meetings with them , you are picking and choosing, even though health wise he's not 100 % right now, also he's allowed to have some bad games, this is his only second year in the NBA.

Comment

At his current age his numbers are almost identical to both Nowitzki and Pau at the same point of their careers (22 years of age at end of season). 23 years old is where they made a big jump in their game and I think if you see the way he is playing he is on the way to doing the same. I don't know if he can ultimately accomplish what they did but the potential is there. As for Marc Gasol I think he is highly overrated. A good player but not on the level of his brother or Nowitzki.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                          At his current age his numbers are almost identical to both Nowitzki and Pau at the same point of their careers (22 years of age at end of season). 23 years old is where they made a big jump in their game and I think if you see the way he is playing he is on the way to doing the same. I don't know if he can ultimately accomplish what they did but the potential is there. As for Marc Gasol I think he is highly overrated. A good player but not on the level of his brother or Nowitzki.
                          It's important to note that his numbers are similar overall to Pau or Nowitzki, but keep in mind that he is doing it in playing 10 minutes less per game His per 36 numbers are ungodly

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                            It's important to note that his numbers are similar overall to Pau or Nowitzki, but keep in mind that he is doing it in playing 10 minutes less per game His per 36 numbers are ungodly
                            I agree but the playing time is on him. He is way too foul prone. He has to improve dramatically on that end and add another 7 or 8 minutes a game to his average playing time. I think that is the only thing holding him back from busting out big time.
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                              well if he could play more he would play, but fatty one cant
                              Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                                I agree but the playing time is on him. He is way too foul prone. He has to improve dramatically on that end and add another 7 or 8 minutes a game to his average playing time. I think that is the only thing holding him back from busting out big time.

Right now the fouls are the only thing holding him back, but he is very young and will figure it out. Poor coaching was what was holding him back at the start of the season.

Jokic is likely the 3rd best European player in the world right now, only behind Giannis and Marc Gasol in my opinion. By this time next year Jokic will likely be the 2nd. Porzingis is his only competition, maybe Gobert if he keeps improving (but Gobert is limited somewhat).

Those of you who think Marc Gasol is over rated don't watch the NBA enough. Marc is underrated if anything. He's been stuck his entire career on smallest market team in the NBA with the Memphis Grizzlies. I hope you all don't still think Tony Parker is a good player. Marc has been better than Pau and Dirk for many years now. Although I agree Dirk in his prime was better than than Marc in his prime, I don't think it is true with Pau. In fact, although a great player, I'd call Pau overrated as he spent most of his career with the Lakers - the highest profile team and market in the world. Add that to his FIBA heroics and his is easy to see his attraction to the crowd on this message board and casual NBA fans in the States. People who know the NBA, know how good Marc is. I suspect most of you are blinded by FIBA results with Pau/Marc. FIBA is a vastly different game with vastly different types of teammates and competition and not part of my consideration. I am talking NBA and certainly can concede that Pau has been a better player in FIBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information