Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95

Thread: Nikola Jokic

  1. #21
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,487
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    One of my favorite Youtube channels did a great video on him yesterday. He really is a joy to watch. To be honest, I can't remember a single center with that kind of vision/ball handling/passing ability. Arvydas Sabonis is the only one that comes to mind.


  2. #22
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    One of my favorite Youtube channels did a great video on him yesterday. He really is a joy to watch. To be honest, I can't remember a single center with that kind of vision/ball handling/passing ability. Arvydas Sabonis is the only one that comes to mind.

    Yes, I came across this video late last night, great breakdown of his passing skills. It will be interesting to follow his trajectory, because I think Serbian basketball got one of those rare and unique, special talents.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,971
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    After 30 pts against Orlando, today 29 pts, 15 rebs and 3 blocks against Lakers.

  4. #24
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,487
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    And then he drops 35 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists. He is just dominating now. In January he is the best center in NBA, averaging something like 23/11/5 and shooting 63% from the field.


  5. #25

    Default

    Impressive. He's only 21yo. Special passer. Didn't see that coming, but he might be the best (with Gobert) of new European centers generation (JV, Kanter, Vucevic, Nurkic, Gobert. Alex Len).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    He was always great , as cadet, junior etc. He would have been lottery pick in 2015, If Raznatovic wanted to wait for that draft, instead he decide to put Jokic in 2014 Draft, so he could make more money for himself from Jokic's deal as second rounder , he had a promise from the Denver Nuggets organization that they would take him in the second round. Rest is the history .
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Impressive. He's only 21yo. Special passer. Didn't see that coming, but he might be the best (with Gobert) of new European centers generation (JV, Kanter, Vucevic, Nurkic, Gobert. Alex Len).
    I am here to back up what may seem like Serbian homers in here.

    Gobert, JV, Kanter, Vucevic, Nurkic, Alex Len will not be spoken of in the same breath of Jokic. They have no play making or vision relative to Jokic. He is a virtual point-center. Maybe a better version of Marc Gasol.

    Jokic is so much better than each of these guys right now. He will be better than both the Gasol brothers. He will be a Top 3 center in the world in the next couple years, let alone Europe. No hyperbole here either.

    We are talking about him being better than Karl Anthony Towns and in the same realm of Anthony Davis by next year (Joel Embiid will be in the conversation as well).

    I was at Lakers/Nuggets game on Sunday. He was easily the best player on the floor, and yes he still looks a little soft and pudgy. I can only imagine what he will be like when his body matures even more.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    He will be better than both the Gasol brothers. He will be a Top 3 center in the world in the next couple years, let alone Europe. No hyperbole here either.
    FOA, you shouldn't say "he might be better version of Marc Gasol" and than "he will be better than both Gasols". Doesn't make any sense I mean, Marc is not in the same line with a legend Pau. Marc is not even close, never was and never will be. At least in international basketball and in NBA he has no titles as well.

    SOA, to surpass someone like Pau is a hell of a task. If that happens, that would be some nearly magical career.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  9. #29
    Senior Member Italian Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Jokis is a mini Saboni for his court vision,is simply amazing to watch him to play!

    Alex Len european?I don't know,so he 'll play enxt eurobasket?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    408
    Country: Yugoslavia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Jokis is a mini Saboni for his court vision,is simply amazing to watch him to play!

    Alex Len european?I don't know,so he 'll play enxt eurobasket?
    Len is Ukrainian. I really wonder as well whether or not he'll play for Ukrainian national team in Eurobasket.

  11. #31
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,382
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    He was always great , as cadet, junior etc. He would have been lottery pick in 2015, If Raznatovic wanted to wait for that draft, instead he decide to put Jokic in 2014 Draft, so he could make more money for himself from Jokic's deal as second rounder , he had a promise from the Denver Nuggets organization that they would take him in the second round. Rest is the history .
    I think INTEGRAL had his eyes on him since he was with Mega Leks :P

    Watched that 35 pts game online, very impressive really. Still surprising he made such a tremendous leap forward in so short time.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    FOA, you shouldn't say "he might be better version of Marc Gasol" and than "he will be better than both Gasols". Doesn't make any sense I mean, Marc is not in the same line with a legend Pau. Marc is not even close, never was and never will be. At least in international basketball and in NBA he has no titles as well.

    SOA, to surpass someone like Pau is a hell of a task. If that happens, that would be some nearly magical career.
    In my humble opinion Marc is, and has been, a much better player than Pau for quite few years now in the NBA.

    Titles matter much less to me when judging the individual competence of a player. Barkley, Malone etc were onbviously much better than Robert Horry despite Horry's titles.

    Titles are more a reflection of being with the right organization, with the right teammates at the right time. For a solid 5 years I'd take Marc over Pau and I'd take a prime Marc over a prime Pau as well. At least in the NBA. Internationally where the competition is much lower and the game is more suited to Pau he has obviously thrived.

    Marc has not had the situational "luck" Pau has had in both the NBA and internationally. Most who follow the NBA see Pau as a good player but certainly not a legend.

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    In my humble opinion Marc is, and has been, a much better player than Pau for quite few years now in the NBA.

    Titles matter much less to me when judging the individual competence of a player. Barkley, Malone etc were onbviously much better than Robert Horry despite Horry's titles.

    Titles are more a reflection of being with the right organization, with the right teammates at the right time. For a solid 5 years I'd take Marc over Pau and I'd take a prime Marc over a prime Pau as well. At least in the NBA. Internationally where the competition is much lower and the game is more suited to Pau he has obviously thrived.

    Marc has not had the situational "luck" Pau has had in both the NBA and internationally. Most who follow the NBA see Pau as a good player but certainly not a legend.
    Fair enough, but Pau is an absolute super hero in FIBA basketball and is true legend in European fans eyes. Marc doesn't stand no-where close (and he never dominated in FIBA while had quite few chances when Pau wasn't there). And with all what you said, I still not sure Marc could do the same what Pau did for Lakers in those champs years. Pau is amazing clutch player, way more aggressive and talented offensively (scoring wise) than Marc who is more of an influential all-around center. I would want the ball in Pau's hands when the ball is hot in the playoffs than in Marcs. Even if Marc might look or is more impactful I would take peaking Pau over peaking Marc any second (even for NBA games).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Its way to early to predict what his career is going to look like, Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki are two greatest European players that ever played in the NBA, so its ridiculous to say Jokic is going to be greater than them at this point. But there is a good foundation for him , he already has Olympic silver medal, his NBA sophomore season is fantastic so far , an he will only improve as a player as time goes on , especially physically . And boy is he a fun to watch, he's like version of Teodosic at center position, he's advanced statistics are crazy, he's in the top 10 players in entire league currently
    Last edited by Srle; 01-23-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Fair enough, but Pau is an absolute super hero in FIBA basketball and is true legend in European fans eyes. Marc doesn't stand no-where close (and he never dominated in FIBA while had quite few chances when Pau wasn't there). And with all what you said, I still not sure Marc could do the same what Pau did for Lakers in those champs years. Pau is amazing clutch player, way more aggressive and talented offensively (scoring wise) than Marc who is more of an influential all-around center. I would want the ball in Pau's hands when the ball is hot in the playoffs than in Marcs. Even if Marc might look or is more impactful I would take peaking Pau over peaking Marc any second (even for NBA games).
    Agree with you 100 %, Marc is nowhere talent wise compared to Pau, also he won nothing without his brother , who is true European basketball legend.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,487
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Untitled2.jpg

    So that's a crazy stat!

  17. #37
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,487
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    The Joker gets his first Triple Double!



    He just destroyed the Bucks.

  18. #38

    Default

    All he needs is his right hand, impressive feel for the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  19. #39
    Senior Member ThePeraCar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    1,651
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    When a serious team focus on him he cant do much - 1 rebound for 15 minutes 3 fouls in 8 minutes vs Kawhi and Lamarcus,he was simply powerless and frustrated
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    That's a BS you didn't even watch the game , he checked himself out in the first half by committing 3 dumb fouls, Aldrige has nothing to do with it, he just has the habit committing stupid fouls , that really throw him off his game , he didn't have any trouble scoring against SA in the two previous meetings with them , you are picking and choosing, even though health wise he's not 100 % right now, also he's allowed to have some bad games, this is his only second year in the NBA.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •