Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Nikola Jokic

  1. #101
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    405
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Availability and playing games consistently is one of the key criteria factors when evaluating MVP candidates. I don't want to get into Jokic/Embiid discussion because both of them are having historic season and worthy of MVP. But there is a big difference between them in the aspect of availability, Embiid has already missed around 20 games with basically 20 games left in an already shortened season. That's too many missed games. On the other hand, Jokic has played every single game this season and showed incredible durability and consistency. That's one of the key factors in evaluating MVP of the season. Embiid just can't be the leader at this moment, he has just returned after being out almost a month, it's disrespecting to other MVP candidates to have him as a frontrunner right now. I don't know if he is excluded definitely from MVP race, and I do think that he absolutely deserves MVP accolade (if he was more available), but Jokic also deserves it nothing less than Embiid. And since Jokic has played every single game this season compared to Embiid, I think he deserves it. We'll see how NBA media will evaluate this race because it's clear that they are always protecting big market players that have all the hype around them, so Embiid still might have a chance. By the way, if 76ers record is the main reason why Embiid should be ahead of Jokic, it has to be leveled by the fact that West is much, much stronger than East, and it doesnt' tell the whole story. It's hard to pick between Jokic and Embiid, if there is a season where MVP award should be split between two players, it's definitely this season. I think Jokic is ahead of Embiid, even just for the fact that he already played around 20 games more then Embiid.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Availability and playing games consistently is one of the key criteria factors when evaluating MVP candidates. I don't want to get into Jokic/Embiid discussion because both of them are having historic season and worthy of MVP. But there is a big difference between them in the aspect of availability, Embiid has already missed around 20 games with basically 20 games left in an already shortened season. That's too many missed games. On the other hand, Jokic has played every single game this season and showed incredible durability and consistency. That's one of the key factors in evaluating MVP of the season. Embiid just can't be the leader at this moment, he has just returned after being out almost a month, it's disrespecting to other MVP candidates to have him as a frontrunner right now. I don't know if he is excluded definitely from MVP race, and I do think that he absolutely deserves MVP accolade (if he was more available), but Jokic also deserves it nothing less than Embiid. And since Jokic has played every single game this season compared to Embiid, I think he deserves it. We'll see how NBA media will evaluate this race because it's clear that they are always protecting big market players that have all the hype around them, so Embiid still might have a chance. By the way, if 76ers record is the main reason why Embiid should be ahead of Jokic, it has to be leveled by the fact that West is much, much stronger than East, and it doesnt' tell the whole story. It's hard to pick between Jokic and Embiid, if there is a season where MVP award should be split between two players, it's definitely this season. I think Jokic is ahead of Embiid, even just for the fact that he already played around 20 games more then Embiid.
    Well, 18 games in a 72 games schedule are too much i guess and sustainability is of course a major point but for me it is at least as important as sustainabity to have an impact on both ends. Guys like Jokic or Harden or even Doncic now are great offensive weapons but for me guys like Giannis, Kawhi (not this season and if he wants to) or Embiid are in front because 2 way player have impact on both ends. I am not the decision maker and there are still games to play.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    405
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well, 18 games in a 72 games schedule are too much i guess and sustainability is of course a major point but for me it is at least as important as sustainabity to have an impact on both ends. Guys like Jokic or Harden or even Doncic now are great offensive weapons but for me guys like Giannis, Kawhi (not this season and if he wants to) or Embiid are in front because 2 way player have impact on both ends. I am not the decision maker and there are still games to play.
    It's totally fine, we all have different preferences.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    405
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    30, 11, 5 vs Magic

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGKAuBQH3o

    https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/s...28070354829312

    In all modesty I'm going to say that this guy is going to revolutionize the center position. Stuff he does on offensive end of the court no center in the NBA is able to pull off, just mind-boggling. He is becoming unguardable. If/when he gets stronger, it's scary to think what his ceiling might be.
    I'll quote myself a little bit 😁
    He got stronger and his ceiling is - MVP 😁

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    3
    Country: United States

    Default

    I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but it does involve Jokic a bit.

    Out of curiosity....in Serbia, how popular is Luka currently? I'm curious because of course him being Slovenian he is still half-Serbian by his father's side, but also he has played with Slovenia his whole life (which makes sense). Would you say he has the same popularity in Serbia equal to Jokic at the moment?

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,653
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    In Serbia most real basketball fans don't look to heritage when they follow games or have reasons to like a player or not.

    Generally I would say equaly popular, maybe less than Bogdanovic who has a lot diehard Partizan fans behind him (on other hand many zvezda fans strongly dislike Bogdanovic, but usually really stubborn ones).

  7. #107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    3
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    In Serbia most real basketball fans don't look to heritage when they follow games or have reasons to like a player or not.

    Generally I would say equaly popular, maybe less than Bogdanovic who has a lot diehard Partizan fans behind him (on other hand many zvezda fans strongly dislike Bogdanovic, but usually really stubborn ones).
    true, but wasn't there some hope by Serbian basketball fans that Luka would play for Team Serbia?

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,653
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redgage View Post
    true, but wasn't there some hope by Serbian basketball fans that Luka would play for Team Serbia?
    This would be totally senseless as he is born in Slovenia, grew up there, played in their youth teams. I am more happy that he is fan of zvezda

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •