No announcement yet.

Nikola Jokic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Serbia most real basketball fans don't look to heritage when they follow games or have reasons to like a player or not.

Generally I would say equaly popular, maybe less than Bogdanovic who has a lot diehard Partizan fans behind him (on other hand many zvezda fans strongly dislike Bogdanovic, but usually really stubborn ones).

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
      In Serbia most real basketball fans don't look to heritage when they follow games or have reasons to like a player or not.

Generally I would say equaly popular, maybe less than Bogdanovic who has a lot diehard Partizan fans behind him (on other hand many zvezda fans strongly dislike Bogdanovic, but usually really stubborn ones).
      true, but wasn't there some hope by Serbian basketball fans that Luka would play for Team Serbia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgage View Post
        true, but wasn't there some hope by Serbian basketball fans that Luka would play for Team Serbia?
        This would be totally senseless as he is born in Slovenia, grew up there, played in their youth teams. I am more happy that he is fan of zvezda

Comment

• Which player is dominating the 2023-2024 season? Find out here with ESPN.com's NBA season leaders, ranked by ESPN player rating systems.

The fat guy is a revolution in basketball. Besides this crazy numbers his defensive improvement seems unreal to me. In some games I have the feeling that Jokic could score 40+ with ease if he would force just a little bit.

Hell of a player and still not peaking.

Comment

• Snatching another MVP award would be huge. Last 3 seasons it went to Euros, I think NBA will get a bit bias this year to bounce back
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/HPbasketb...61501874630665

He is just ridiculous and nobody has a clue how to defend him. The difference between Nuggets numbers when Jokic is on/off the floor on both offense and defense are mind boggling.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ecutive-season

Back to back MVP with like zero athleticism.

One thing I appreciate about USA is that they give chance to everybody no matter where you're coming from, how different you are than everybody else, they give opportunity to show yourself in the best way you possibly can without any prejudices. In Jokić's case, I'm not sure if he would have gotten to these heights had he stayed in Europe under coaching regime that often is very rigid and full of patterns that don't allow young talents to exhibit something different that "breaks" the rules.

Comment

• This is how you prepare for Eurobasket. Definitely in great shape, and that footwork is just too good.

https://twitter.com/KSportski/status...671864p2671864

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                    This is how you prepare for Eurobasket. Definitely in great shape, and that footwork is just too good.

https://twitter.com/KSportski/status...671864p2671864
                    LOL, I've seen it on twitter The question now is, how will his belly look at the end of the summer. How many beers getting there. Now he still looks definitely good

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                      LOL, I've seen it on twitter The question now is, how will his belly look at the end of the summer. How many beers getting there. Now he still looks definitely good
                      Well, let's hope he stays disciplined for the sake of mental health of our basketball comuntiy, because we will need him badly to be in the best shape of his life this summer. I doubt he will show up in a bad shape, simply because you don't get to be MVP without taking care of your body all the time. I think 2019. was the last time Jokic has been out of shape and I don't think it will happen again during his prime years.

Comment

• 17 triple doubles - 17 wins for Nuggets.

If there has ever been a player whose stats are a complete product of looking the benefit of his own team and not his personal stats, that's Jokić. All these triple doubles and ridiculous efficiency are probably the most meaningful stats of any player in history averaging those kind of numbers while being totally at the service of his team.

25/11/10 average in the most meaningful and effortless fashion I have seen. All these other guys chucking 25-30 shots a game scoring 40-50 points, and there goes Jokić dominating by taking 10 shots and giving homework to entire NBA. His basketball mind and approach to the game are just different. Hard to be compared to anyone right now.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/sta...49822613184513

Jokić vs Bam...the best post up big against the best defensive big. It's definitely not as easy as it looks. All those bigs trying to get better in the post whether it's about attacking or defending can learn a lot from Jokić and Adebayo. If Adebayo had a little bit more size/height, he would be a real challenge for Jokić.

Comment

• Jokic going far in the playoffs is probably hurting the possibility to play for NT, but again and again it has to be said what a freakishly good player he is. There is just no defensive coverage that can stop him.

LOL

Comment

• So basically he's on his way to become the best center of all time.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• He is without a doubt the most versatile, offensively talented center of all time. Nevertheless I like Hakeem more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information