Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The basketball revolution in Israeli league is over?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Arik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,484

    Default The basketball revolution in Israeli league is over?

    After two easy victories against Hapoel Jerusalem it seems we'll see in the end of the season another easy title of Maccabi in the row..

    Last edited by Arik; 04-25-2006 at 08:56 PM.
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005


  2. #2
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Well, atleast Jeru gave Israelis something interesting besides Maccabi. Jerus was built wrong, hopefully with a full offseason (and a year behind them) they will due a better job.

    Now if only another billionare would come along....

  3. #3
    Senior Member Arik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,484

    Default Arkady Gaydamak will leave Hapoel in the end of the season

    According to last interview of Gaydamak to Israeli sports media, he won't remain in Hapoel in next season because of bad relationships with management and partners in the team. We've already read a few weeks ago about his possible purchasing of small Premier league's team in order to change its name to Beitar Jerusalem (like Gaydamak's soccer club)
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005


  4. #4
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arik
    According to last interview of Gaydamak to Israeli sports media, he won't remain in Hapoel in next season because of bad relationships with management and partners in the team. We've already read a few weeks ago about his possible purchasing of small Premier league's team in order to change its name to Beitar Jerusalem (like Gaydamak's soccer club)
    1. Would he turn that small team (future Beitar Jerusalem) into a major club?

    2. Will the fans have to be racist?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Arik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,484

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13
    1. Would he turn that small team (future Beitar Jerusalem) into a major club?

    2. Will the fans have to be racist?
    If a billionair with huge ambitions buys a team we can't call it "small" anymore There're last rumors he wants to buy Hapoel Tel Aviv - the team with great history that had lost almost all its fans after it was dumped last year by another oligarch Gussinsky and its home "Usishkin" arena was destroyed. Anyway, I hardly believe "red movement" in Israel will agree that Gaydamak will change the name of Hapoel to Beitar (some fans think it's like to allow Hamas people to visit Knesset )
    I didn't see racists in Israeli basketball, because, unfortunately for me, our Arab citizens don't like and don't play basketball in Israel. Whatever, we know that Gaydamak also donated money to Arab soccer team of Bnei Sahnin and he said that Beitar fans also came from Arab culture.
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005


  6. #6

    Default

    Hapole Jerusalem lost to the last team at Israeli league

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    take a look at this. in the last 5 game days of the israeli league we had 10 overtimes in 25 games (we have only 5 games per day). we had one triple ot, 2 double ot and 3 singles. a total of 10 extra times.
    is that amazing or what?

  8. #8

    Default

    If Gaydamak could join the co owners of Maccabi(Katz and Fridman),it will be HUGE ...he gave Hapole Jerusalem 7M$ without even being a owner...
    7M$ for maccabi,will allow them to go toe to toe with the bugets of most major clubs(Barce/Pana/Cska/Tau/Real-next year...etc...)...
    So far maccabi spends 10M-12M$ max compared to the above clubs at 20M...so Gaydamak will be more than a welcome add on.

    Also i still think maccabi should bring Mario Austin...hes an amazing Center that costs much cheaper than some of euros best.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanBoy
    If Gaydamak could join the co owners of Maccabi(Katz and Fridman),it will be HUGE ...he gave Hapole Jerusalem 7M$ without even being a owner...
    7M$ for maccabi,will allow them to go toe to toe with the bugets of most major clubs(Barce/Pana/Cska/Tau/Real-next year...etc...)...
    So far maccabi spends 10M-12M$ max compared to the above clubs at 20M...so Gaydamak will be more than a welcome add on.

    Also i still think maccabi should bring Mario Austin...hes an amazing Center that costs much cheaper than some of euros best.
    Gaydamak going to Maccabi would suck! Making Maccabi better in the EL (since they've been doing so badly lately) would be nice, but Israel NEEDS a second team to make a challenge for the title - much less make the L seem more interesting.

    Austin is nice, but I don't think he's good enough for Maccabi, plus he's really a 4.

  10. #10

    Default

    true but challaenge or no challenge maccabi isnt a big name money spender...besides Sharas they barely signed any big names...for example when the signed Baston/Parker/Vujcic they werent big name stars...maccabi just took them for almost free at that time,when the scouted them in NBA summer leagues...Same was N.Hafman case,and others.
    Sharas was the first Major Euro signing when he joined as europes best PG player...a chooise that would bring them the best player they ever had(Sorry but he was the major factor in Maccabis back to back wins).
    This comes to show maccabi isnt a money spender club...insteed of bringing a major sub for Sharas..they signed a lame player in Salomon for 500,000euro...which sorry but for a replacmanet for Sharas a 500,000euro player is suck...to bring someone to replace Sharas they needed to spend at least 1.5-1M$...and to keep Vujcic theyll need at least that range...

    So without Gaydamaks $$$ they will stay with the avg money spending....

    unless they can scout good players again like they did in 01-04/05.
    with money you wont need that luck :P

  11. #11
    Senior Member Arik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    I'm fan of Maccabi TA, but I really want to see strong and interesting basketball league in Israel. Anyway, the owners of Maccabi have not less money than Gaydamak so they don't need his partnership at all.
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005


  12. #12

    Default

    You cant have an interesting basketball league in isreal...cuse unlike the rest of the world Isreal is the only nation on earth where the Citizens themselfs give the budget for the team.
    A shock??not realy...its not ego Katz or Faderman...Channel 1 takes the isreali taxs for the broadcasting network...and gives it for maccabi in return maccabi allows them to air the maccabi games...
    Why else do you think all the noise and buzz is lately in IL press,on why channel 1 is spending nearly 17M nis(around 5-4M$)for maccabi????maccabi is the only team where a public media channel pays money for a privite team.
    no where in the world you can find such a shame...for all sports.
    why should maccabi get near 5m$ from isreali tax pay money and not small teams like galil,rishon etc...????
    btw dont count Hapol Jer. out yet...the way maccabi are playing its not sure if they can pick the title this year...if they do it will be through HARD fight...

    just a point to think

    so technicaly maccabi only pays 5-6M$ from its own pockets...thats why maccbi bosses are cheap...half the budget we give them...

    lol talk about maccabi being a national team...heres another proven fact :P

    Btw now that Romures state Baston may go to the NBA...if maccabi wants a strong team they can say goodbye to Salomon and bring two strong players insteed...one maybe even a true point guard...something maccabi were sorry "cough" "cough" to stupid to understand at the start of the season...

    Realy if someone can explain to me why was it hard for Pini and maccabi to understand that when a PG is leaving you bring a PG insteed???
    Last edited by FanBoy; 05-11-2006 at 08:37 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Digdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tel Aviv
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanBoy
    You cant have an interesting basketball league in isreal...cuse unlike the rest of the world Isreal is the only nation on earth where the Citizens themselfs give the budget for the team.
    A shock??not realy...its not ego Katz or Faderman...Channel 1 takes the isreali taxs for the broadcasting network...and gives it for maccabi in return maccabi allows them to air the maccabi games...
    Why else do you think all the noise and buzz is lately in IL press,on why channel 1 is spending nearly 17M nis(around 5-4M$)for maccabi????maccabi is the only team where a public media channel pays money for a privite team.
    no where in the world you can find such a shame...for all sports.
    why should maccabi get near 5m$ from isreali tax pay money and not small teams like galil,rishon etc...????
    Absolutely true. I think Maccabi can get similar amounts (though I guess a bit lower) from commercial or sport channels (or god forbid pay per view). I guess that the reason it signed with Channel 1 so quickly is to prevent anyone from doubting that its broadcasting rights value is this high (something that can well happen during negotiations).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •