WABA Champions Cup 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WABA Champions Cup 2016

The tournament is back, after one year stop.

2 teams from Lebanon: Riyadi, Champville
    2 teams from Iran: Petrochini, Azad
    1 team from Jordan: Ortohodoxy
    1 team from Syria: Wehde
    1 team from Yemen: Sanaa
    1 team from Iraq: Shorta

It will be held in Jordan. Considering Iran not intrested in hosting, Syria/Iraq/Yemen in political turmoil/war, and Lebanon banned from hosting any event for 2 years.

I got expectation the level will be poor, consider what the region status is. Lebanon 2 team have disadvantage, they play 3 foreigners as starters in the league ...In Waba only 2 allowed.

Lebanese and Iranian clubs look big favourites.
    https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
      Lebanese and Iranian clubs look big favourites.

Petrochimi won by 2. Riyadi team is different then one that plays in lebanese league. ismael ahmad plays as lebanese in lebanon, but not allowed to play as lebanese in this tournament. plus this tournament allows 2 foreigners only, instead of 3. So Riyadi are minus 2 important personel from their team.

Only one to blame is Walid Nassar, for putting the 3 foreigner rule. Our NT, Clubs will suffer in asian game because of this decision.

Comment

Petrochimi looks great, I think they have the best roster in the tournament: Mehdi Kamrani, Edgar Sosa, Taquan Deane, Benham Yakchali, all these guys are superstars at this level..

Comment

Petrochimi Bandar imam beat Riyadi again, this time in the final by 2 points again. So Iran are the champions.

Not much seperated the 2 teams in 2 games, 2 point difference each game.

What really hurts the lebanese teams on this level, is the fact naturalized players are allowed to play in our league. Plus we allow 3 foreigners in the game, instead of 2.
          So Riyadi went into this tournament minus 2 of their important core ( foreigner, plus naturalized ismael ahmad).

Hopefully someone with senses other then walid nassar comes into the federation and fix this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
            Petrochimi Bandar imam beat Riyadi again, this time in the final by 2 points again. So Iran are the champions.

Not much seperated the 2 teams in 2 games, 2 point difference each game.

What really hurts the lebanese teams on this level, is the fact naturalized players are allowed to play in our league. Plus we allow 3 foreigners in the game, instead of 2.
            So Riyadi went into this tournament minus 2 of their important core ( foreigner, plus naturalized ismael ahmad).

Hopefully someone with senses other then walid nassar comes into the federation and fix this shit.
            It was an interesting tournament, encouraged by the presence of broadcasts, albeit in poor quality. I had long time wanted to see the Iranian teams 'online'. Finally I managed it.

btw I really liked the Wael Arakji, a very athletic guard, reminds me Westbrook. eshmawi Tell us something interesting about him please.

Comment

I personally think Wael Arakji is vastly overrated, the best lebanese young point guard is Ali Mezher from Hoops. He is topping the assists charts including foreigners, and topping the steals charts including foreigners.

He is crazy good. I cant say the same for wael arakji, who is bench player at riyadi now to Ali Mahmoud ( still better then Arakji).On top of it arakji is committing ton of turnovers, and putting lot of incosistent performances.

I think Riyadi next year should loan him to a team like louaize , so that he improves.

Comment

Iranian team is really great
                Two my favorite kinds of sports are basketball and horse races. I have visited a lot of different basketball and horse races competitions and one of my favorite competition is grand national horse races. I really like this event

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information