2016 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 U16 European Championship

Bosnian Serbs, PG Danilo Cvetić ('00), G Vojin Ilić ('00), G Stefan Spasojević ('00), G Đorđe Pantić ('01) and as expected Saša Antunović ('01) who were (un)successfully tested last summer by the Basketball Federation of Serbia alongside dozens of local peers will wear Bosnia-Herzegovina jersey on the international level.

Budućnost Bijeljina's 6'7" PF Milan Manojlović ('01) is also said to follow his teammates' steps (6'8" F Nikola Đaković ('00) and 6'7" C Saša Antunović), while the situation of 16-year-old 6'0" PG Milenko Frganja's seems still unclear at this stage.
    Last edited by serbianhoops; 01-20-2016, 04:37 PM.

Worthy of his father (former Tar Heel and French-Bulgarian national team player Vassil aka "Vasco"), North Carolina based 6'7" and 240 lbs C Nicholas Evtimov ('00) is potentially eligible to play for Bulgaria, France, or the USA. Real inside banger with terrific footwork who plays as physical as his dad. Could end up being very impressive as he continues to get taller and grow stronger.

Comment

The U16 Division A draw has been released :

Group A : Italy, Spain, Sweden & Latvia.

Group B : Germany, Turkey, Poland & Croatia.

Group C : Lithuania, France, Montenegro & Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Group D : Greece, Serbia, Estoniia & Finland.

Comment

Bosnian generation 2000 lacks talent, but there are good prospects in the generation 2001, I think they will have important role already in this year U - 16 team. Some of them:

Amar Mehic is a 6'10'' tall C from Union Olimpija, Slovenia. Surprisingly mobile for his size and already have decent post moves. Still growing, cound end as 7'0'' in the end.

Tarik Biberovic is a 6'6'' tall SG from Spars Sarajevo. Strong frame, good ball handler, possess NBA three - point shoot range. Just huge scorer.

Deni Radak is a 6'3'' tall PG, also from Spars Sarajevo. Quick footwork in defence and great court vision in offense. Seems like a late bloomer, I don't expect a lot from him right now, but for a couples year more he could end as a best player from this team.

I must say it again, they are 2001 born players, but as the generation 2000 lacks great talent, we will have to rely on them.
        Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

The Basketball Federation of Serbia should try to get in touch with Tarik Biberović, given that his 6'9" father Izudin was born in Novi Pazar (southwestern Serbia). However, it seems very unlikely that he may be interested to play for Serbia.

Comment

Updated players list for Jordan Brand Classic in Zagreb (March 4-6):

Eurohopes Top-five 2000-born prospects:

1. Marko Pecarski (Srb)
            2. Oton Jankovic (Cro)
            3. Balsa Koprivica (Srb)
            4. Sekou Doumbouya (Fra)
            5. Filip Petrusev (Srb)

Comment

10 European players named to the Jordan Brand Classic International game that will be played by mid-April in NY:

Oton Jankovic (CRO)
              Carlos Alocen, Joel Parra (ESP)
              Arturs Kurucs (LAT)
              Domantas Vilys (LTU)
              Nikola Zizic (MNE)
              Aleksander Balcerowski (POL)
              Aleksandr Ershov (RUS)
              Marko Pecarski, Filip Petrushev (SRB)

Comment

Aleksandr Ershov is from Enisey Krasnoyarsk. New version of Alexey Shved/Dmitriy Kulagin.

Comment

7'1" C with 7'5" wingspan Balsa Koprivica has lost weight (around 25 pounds of body fat) and appears lighter and in a far better shape in his latest video.
                  Last edited by serbianhoops; 03-14-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Spain roster for the Levice International Tournament (SVK, 23-27 March).
                    Other participants: Czech Republic, Poland and host Slovakia.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
                      10 European players named to the Jordan Brand Classic International game that will be played by mid-April in NY:

Oton Jankovic (CRO)
                      Carlos Alocen, Joel Parra (ESP)
                      Arturs Kurucs (LAT)
                      Domantas Vilys (LTU)
                      Nikola Zizic (MNE)
                      Aleksander Balcerowski (POL)
                      Aleksandr Ershov (RUS)
                      Marko Pecarski, Filip Petrushev (SRB)
                      Luka Samanic, 207 PF did not participate in JBC because he signed contract with Adidas. He might be most talented prospect of generation
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        Luka Samanic, 207 PF did not participate in JBC because he signed contract with Adidas. He might be most talented prospect of generation
                        https://youtu.be/ESXfaoXh9vU
                        Why do Adidas (Nike also?) sign contracts with some kids in Chroatia (how do they benefit from this? I mean Adidas) and don't allow them to participate in EC or WC (Bender and some others if i'm not mistaken) and in such camps like JBC also.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                          7'1" C with 7'5" wingspan Balsa Koprivica has lost weight (around 25 pounds of body fat) and appears lighter and in a far better shape in his latest video.
                          He should dominate championship, I mean he's blocking black kids, dunking over them, shooting jumpers etc. Center position looks rock solid, Koprivica,Pecarski and Petrusev.
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                            Why do Adidas (Nike also?) sign contracts with some kids in Chroatia (how do they benefit from this? I mean Adidas) and don't allow them to participate in EC or WC (Bender and some others if i'm not mistaken) and in such camps like JBC also.
                            It's easy, tryin to recruit model before competition. I blame parents more, trying to cash kid's too early. JBC is nothing more than that to. Recruitment gathering. Last year they didn't select Musa from same reason.
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                              Bosnian generation 2000 lacks talent, but there are good prospects in the generation 2001, I think they will have important role already in this year U - 16 team. Some of them:

Amar Mehic is a 6'10'' tall C from Union Olimpija, Slovenia. Surprisingly mobile for his size and already have decent post moves. Still growing, cound end as 7'0'' in the end.

Tarik Biberovic is a 6'6'' tall SG from Spars Sarajevo. Strong frame, good ball handler, possess NBA three - point shoot range. Just huge scorer.

Deni Radak is a 6'3'' tall PG, also from Spars Sarajevo. Quick footwork in defence and great court vision in offense. Seems like a late bloomer, I don't expect a lot from him right now, but for a couples year more he could end as a best player from this team.

I must say it again, they are 2001 born players, but as the generation 2000 lacks great talent, we will have to rely on them.
                              I will add video material to my post

Mehic
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiGzlAC1Vnw

Biberovic
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUG0C7SF1Y
                              Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information