2016 U20 European Championship - Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France - Turkey: 75-82 FT

Intense game, close from the beginning till the end.

This was probably our best game in the tournament, and it was barely enough to pass a well-prepared French team. Noua & Okobo almost unstoppable.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post

Markkanen is outstanding player who can offensively do pretty much everything. He needs to get his defense better but his attitude is great so I guess it's only matter of time. I can only wonder why he gets zero attention here when people are talking about most talented players of '97 generation.
      surely the most impressive player on this tournament so far.
      nice offensive touch in every aspect, and he can surely additionally improve his outside shooting.
      positioning himself quite well during the game.
      he can already contribute to senior NT as they are always lacking bigs.
      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Finlands have issues with the clock once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
          surely the most impressive player on this tournament so far.
          nice offensive touch in every aspect, and he can surely additionally improve his outside shooting.
          positioning himself quite well during the game.
          he can already contribute to senior NT as they are always lacking bigs.
          He needs to improve his help defense and stay calm when his team mates are making mistakes in defense. Now he in foul trouble and totally out of his game.

Edit:

We are having big trouble against Lithuania. In Europe, they are absolutely hardest opponent for us mainly because you just cant't push them out of their game plan. They may not have biggest talent of this tournament but they are good enough to beat they defender when their team offense gives change for it.

Other thing is that you can't hide anyone in defense against them. Now Fiifi Aidoo started game with 6(!!!) straight mistakes in defensive rotations which gave Lithuania wide open looks everywhere. When he came back on 2nd quarter he wasn't much better and that made Markkanen lose his calm and took two fouls that could have avoided. And because Lithuania is Lithuania, they just found the situations where Finns where making those rotation mistakes.

Now we need a miracle.
          Last edited by Dirtyh; 07-20-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Our team totally overplayed Suomi in 2nd and 3rd quarters. It was enough to win.

Markkanen is very good. The local crowd as well.

Comment

• France - Turkey game was indeed an intense one unexpectedly from my side. They applied 2-3 and match-up zone defense almost whole game that we had a lot of opportunities to score however the wings couldn't make those open threes in the first half. Actually, despite the average shooting threat of this Turkish team, we can really attack the zone defenses without any problem, since we have creative Ulubay and Geçim who can settle into the middle to score and dish for the others or with offensively gifted centers, we can use the short corner to cause problems. The fluidity in ball movement is perfect, that's why the team has averaged 22 assists per game. The games in this round was psychological barriers for the contenders because if you are playing against decent teams; when you lose the game, it is labelled as a failure, when you win, nobody even congratulates you.

Yiğit Arslan has been the most important and consistent member of team so far. His crucial threes gave us a great momentum to outdistance the persistent French team. If he keeps on playing like that, he may ease our job. Well done.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Let me brag a little: Two years ago I had written this about Yigit on eksisozluk. Probably during u18 tournament.

<entry title="yiğit arslan" id="44575689" date="2014-07-28T21:43:28">soguk, sakin, pasini sutunu secerek atan, gosterissiz ama pek etkili bi sutor gard... iki maclik izlenim sonrasi acaip begendim, cok saglam bi cevher gibi duruyor...</entry>
                He is improving nicely, his feel for the game is obvious. Rebound numbers are good for a guard and his volleyball pass to Yurtseven yesterday was simply awesome.

Btw, I'd recommend Janketa to watch Mert Cevik shooting, for his beautiful stroke. (as this seems to be Janketa's obsession, shooting mechanism ).

Comment

• Turkey - Italy: 83-72

Italy had big problems defending the paint and attacking in general, and the game was already over in 3rd qtr (60-29). Our guards used their weakness to mine in the paint all day; good job really.

Arar/Yurtseven/Guven = 55min, 44 pts, 20 rbs, 68% fg

PS. Does anyone know why Enes Taskiran is not in the team?

Comment

• Perfect performance. The game has turned into garbage time mode after the minute 23. Ege Arar has been quite shy until this game, but he simply exploded Italian underneath. The player of the game clearly.

Tolga Geçim is fascinating me in this tournament. We need special coaching for this guy. He is the best Turkish playmaker, I have ever seen. He has been used wrongly in Banvit, he should be decision maker, since he is far from being a complementary role player. That court vision, feel for game, milimetric passes and leadership feature. Wow, just wow. Also, I have always had faith in him, even said he is a better and all-around prospect than Korkmaz. It may sound strange but Geçim's ceiling is so high. He will show it sooner or later.

Levenspiel, the coach wanted to go this tournament with only '96 born players (Plus Yurtseven) as he has been coaching these guys since 2011, kind of duty of loyalty. The relationship between the coach and players is more than brotherhood. With the addition of '97 generation, this team would be our dream team.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• @SMN, Got it, thanks.

it will be a dream team when they transform these skills to senior level. For this particular team, I believe there is no excuse not having at least half of them in major roles in TBL next year. It would be a crime, and unfortunately it was being committed by esp Ataman and Sarica with Guven & Arar last year. Hope things change a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                        Perfect performance. The game has turned into garbage time mode after the minute 23. Ege Arar has been quite shy until this game, but he simply exploded Italian underneath. The player of the game clearly.

Tolga Geçim is fascinating me in this tournament. We need special coaching for this guy. He is the best Turkish playmaker, I have ever seen. He has been used wrongly in Banvit, he should be decision maker, since he is far from being a complementary role player. That court vision, feel for game, milimetric passes and leadership feature. Wow, just wow. Also, I have always had faith in him, even said he is a better and all-around prospect than Korkmaz. It may sound strange but Geçim's ceiling is so high. He will show it sooner or later.

Levenspiel, the coach wanted to go this tournament with only '96 born players (Plus Yurtseven) as he has been coaching these guys since 2011, kind of duty of loyalty. The relationship between the coach and players is more than brotherhood. With the addition of '97 generation, this team would be our dream team.
                        Tolga Geçim is really special but he is missing consistency. He must play more this year.

Taşkıran(Uğurlu)-Korkmaz-Geçim-Cedi-Yurtseven would be quite fun to watch, albeit a soft team. Also as Levenspiel said, Yiğit Arslan would be a good role player in the future with his consistency and toughness, traits missing in most Turkish prospects.
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Outrebounded Czech team and neutralised their leader Svoboda who scored only 7 pts (20+pts in all other games). Already a good performance for this squad.

P.S. I wonder why so many Turkish morons chating bullshit on Youtube channel in Lithuanian games

Comment

• Does anyone remember Ediz Oktay? He is (96') born player just like his peer. He was member of the team that won u16 european title. He is important part of 96' born generation. He was quite versatile player that capable of to cover 1-2-3 positions with the oustanding court vision and ballhandler skills but suddenly dissapered. It's been too many time and hard to find any info on internet about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                              Outrebounded Czech team and neutralised their leader Svoboda who scored only 7 pts (20+pts in all other games). Already a good performance for this squad.

P.S. I wonder why so many Turkish morons chating bullshit on Youtube channel in Lithuanian games
                              When there are too many people in a country, there are enough morons for everywhere. Just ignore them.

How is the Lithuania U20? I couldn't watch them yet.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by c-myers View Post
                                Does anyone remember Ediz Oktay? He is (96') born player just like his peer. He was member of the team that won u16 european title. He is important part of 96' born generation. He was quite versatile player that capable of to cover 1-2-3 positions with the oustanding court vision and ballhandler skills but suddenly dissapered. It's been too many time and hard to find any info on internet about him.
                                He had two major injuries that drew him back from basketball for a while. He has signed with FMV Işık. I agree with you, he was a quite versatile player who can do ''a little bit of everything''. Sad story, he needs leap forward to hold on to basketball. I also want to remind people about Mehmet Alemdaroğlu from this generation. The guy has chronic injury, unfortunately. His simple but effective basketball had been the biggest contributor of success during 2012 EC and 2015 WC. He can't shoot, pass or post up anyone but still, thanks to his toughness and hustle, manages to be effective. I have always appreciated what he had brought into the team, hope to see him in action asap.
                                Last edited by slice me nice; 07-22-2016, 04:03 PM.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information