2016 U20 European Championship - Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Yes! What a defence and great win against strong Turkish tream in semifinal!

All this without 2 most talented players of this generation. Our top scorer today (17 pts) doesn't even play basketball profesionally

if playing in 2nd league counts as playing professional,then playing in 3rd should too
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• The game was barely watchable, the quality of offensive schemes was terrible, turnovers were laughable, guards couldn't captain their teams. All we saw were maniacal full-court press from our coach and non-stop zone defense from Lith coach which literally killed the game. Yeah, a big upset, I even don't want to imagine the temper of our players. The championship was the goal, we couldn't manage to reach it, but still acceptable performance from the team if we get the bronze tomorrow. This kind of upset may of course happen, but what has bothered me is the fact that we couldn't respond the toughness of Lithuanian team and played extremely soft basketball. I don't even mention the inside-outside balance. Congratulations Lithuania with all my heart, one of the biggest upsets of Turkish basketball revolution started from 2012.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Congrats Lithuania. They clogged the lane and we couldn't pass the ball inside. We needlessly insisted on full court press and gave many offensive boards, thus failed to have an offensive rhythm. Finally too many isolation plays towards the end, which is a stark contrast to our other games in this tournament.

We obviously have talent but we will see if the transition to senior team will be better this time.
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
          if playing in 2nd league counts as playing professional,then playing in 3rd should too
          No, i don't think so. RKL is regional league. Fiodorovas's team "Klaipėdos LCC tarptautinis universitetas" which also takes part in LSKL (Lietuvos studentu krepsinio lyga) isn't a professional basketball club.
          Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-23-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
            No, i don't think so. RKL is regional league. Fiodorovas's team "Klaipėdos LCC tarptautinis universitetas" which also takes part in LSKL (Lietuvos studentu krepsinio lyga) isn't a professional basketball club.
            Both top scorers (and everyone else on the team) play in professional leagues and in LSKL
            RKL B is divided into (probably) regions, but Fiodorovas' RKL A isn't
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Italy led by excellent Flaccadori beat Latvia finishing 5th. Good 3-pt skills display by both teams.

Comment

• Croatia - Greece 41-26 HT

again playing without Božić, arguably the best player on the team.
                Mazalin stepped up with 20+7 in one half.
                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post

Mazalin stepped up with 20+7 in one half.
                  Fallen talent strikes again

Comment

• Originally posted by GEORGE_4 View Post
                    Fallen talent strikes again
                    wasn't enough.
                    we got beat in third and it was enough for Greece to win the game and qualify to division A..
                    we stay in division B for one more year atleast.
                    Mazalin ended with 30+14
                    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• One more bronze, 8th medal in the last 9 tournaments and 11 semi final appearances in the last 12 tournaments (10 EC, 2 WC). Consistency is so important and we are doing a great job on this, however these medals shouldn't mislead us through a false impression, we need to rely on our missing parts more than any country. There are a lot of possible problems ahead of us that we are going to possibly encounter, the right basketball system should immediately be set up. I have already mentioned a lot of things under some other threads on what must be done to help these guys in their transition periods, I don't want to repeat myself. Bronze is for sure a bittersweet success, but still thanks for every medal that you have scooped up for Turkish basketball.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• It was too much for this squad. But they managed to make a great result ending 2nd.

I liked Garcia from Spain. Reminds Abrines a little bit.

Comment

• All-Tournament:

Lauri Markkanen
                          Marc Garcia (MVP)
                          Francis Alonso
                          Kristupas Zeimatis
                          Omer Yurtseven

Comment

• Iceland fell short from winning Div. B title losing 78-76 to Montenegro after OT.

Comment

• Every Turkish team shooting terribly behind the arc, there is no player we can rely on when it comes to punishing the zone defense. what is more is scary is great shooters like Korkmaz and Bitim doing too. The future doesn't look bright.

Comment

• Damn, could not watch the games in the weekend, but congrats to Lithuania team. I had seen two of their games, and this results was not a shock to me, but a disappointment nonetheless.

From what I've previously seen, this Turkish team includes players with the highest chances of becoming good players in senior level. We'll wait for that now.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information