No announcement yet.

2016 U18 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2013 summer is the shining example of that strategy, at the time 6'8" C Milos Janković was picked up for two competitions in a row (U19 World Championship and U20 European Championship) while 6'11" Nikola Jovanović and 7'0" Radoslav Peković stayed at home.

I really wonder if Gurović is planning on Boriša Simanić to do what it takes for the team by playing out of position at center at the Albert Schweitzer Tournament and at the European Championship. On defensive end, Simanić can provide rim protection with his length and verticality but he lacks of strength and toughness to be a reliable post defender and rebounder. While on offense he is a very good shooter from behind the arc and in the mid-range area, but not a real low post player. He will struggle to establish position, seal the defender and play with his back to the rim.

Unless the grace of God hit Gurović and made him capable of using Wisconsin's swing offense with Simanić in the role of Kaminsky, as a face up and pick and pop center.

Comment

Dzanan Musa said that he doesn't plan to play for U - 18 national team this summer I hope he will change his mind. I really want to see this starting five, they're legit:

PG - Sani Campara(1999)
      SG - Amar Gegic(1998)
      SF - Dzanan Musa(1999)
      PF - Njegos Sikiras(1999)
      C - Sandro Antunovic(1998)

But it's not just Musa, I have doubts will Sikiras play too. But yes, U - 17 World Championship is priority for them, it's more important that all of best 1999 born guys play on that tournament.
      Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Class of 2017 6'3" PG Nick Mantis from Lowell high school (Indiana) has been given an invitation to compete for the Greek under-18 National Team. He averaged 18.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 steals this season. His grandfater also named Nick Mantis played for the Saint Louis Hawks, Minneapolis Lakers, and Chicago Zephyrs during a two-year NBA career in the early 60s.

Last edited by serbianhoops; 04-03-2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

In a few years greek NT will be consisted of 10 americans(with greek great grandfathers) and antetokounmpo bros..

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
            In a few years greek NT will be consisted of 10 americans(with greek great grandfathers) and antetokounmpo bros..
            If those Greek-Americans have some African origin, it means Greek NT will be great

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
              If those Greek-Americans have some African origin, it means Greek NT will be great
              Zachary Elias Auguste-Tzimoulis also known as Zach Auguste likes this.

Let's come back to the topic. Germany will have a terrific length with 6'11" Hartenstein ('98) & 6'7" PG Bonga ('99) in the starting five instead of respectively Lagerpusch or Sanders & Hundt or Weidemann.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post

Let's come back to the topic. Germany will have a terrific length with 6'11" Hartenstein ('98) & 6'7" PG Bonga ('99) in the starting five instead of respectively Lagerpusch or Sanders & Hundt or Weidemann.
                But he's not that long according to Draftexpress , his wingspan , that's one of his shortcomings in their scouting.
                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Thanks for info.Did you ever hear any other Turkish player who plays in high schools in Us,except Bitim?

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                    But he's not that long according to Draftexpress , his wingspan , that's one of his shortcomings in their scouting.
                    Hartenstein has an average wingspan regarding NBA standard, but a 7'2" is very good for European standard especially for an U18 player. 3" inches less than Simanic tough.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
                      Thanks for info.Did you ever hear any other Turkish player who plays in high schools in Us,except Bitim?
                      There's a 7'2" lanky center born in 1999 as far as I know, I don't remember his name, he was involved in Turkish U16 national team set-up last season (2014/15).

Edit : There is also IMG Academy's 7'0" C Mumin Tunç ('98)
                      Last edited by serbianhoops; 04-05-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Fight the fire by the fire. Fight the length by the length.

Sandy Spring Friends' class of 2017 6'10" SF Milos Apic ('98)

Comment

He should be with our junior squad this summer. Suddenly the front court of this generation in perspective doesn't look that bad Simanic,Plavsic,Apic,Glisic,Stpeanovic,Djordjevic.

I wonder what is going on with Cucevic
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

There's a 7'2" lanky center born in 1999 as far as I know, I don't remember his name, he was involved in Turkish U16 national team set-up last season (2014/15).

Edit : There is also IMG Academy's 7'0" C Mumin Tunç ('98)
                            Oh,I forgot to add Tunç near Bitim. I actually know both,especially Tunç has unforgettable physical appearance,too skinny like one suffering from anorexia nervosa. I wonder other guy you mentioned(99-born).You may be mistaken about him,maybe he is from a Turkic country(Azerbaijan,Turkmenistan).Please let us know when you remember his name. Thanks again

Comment

I got it back. Bora Apak ('99) junior at Virginia Episcopal School.

Comment

I got it back. Bora Apak ('99) junior at Virginia Episcopal School.
                                Very interesting.I googled him in Turkish and almost there is not any knowledge about him.I solely learned that he participated in U16 set up,like you said,last year and his height was 6'9 at 2013.I will ask him to my friends working in Efes.I don't want to get out of topic more,thanks for this interesting info.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information