2016 U18 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 U18 European Championship

It's probably still too early to tell which squad will be Divison B champion, but Montenegro is my clear favorite to win Divison A promotion. Pesonally, I expect 6'11" PF Marko Simonović (late '99) to hit the spotlight and catch the eyes of top european teams and NBA recruiters.
    Last edited by serbianhoops; 01-18-2016, 08:20 PM.

A native of Montenegro, Al Khor's all-around F Alen Hadžibegović ('99) who grew up playing in the youth squads of Ibar Rožaje before becoming a naturalized citizen of Qatar has gained a new nickname as he drastically increases his playing time and production in the Qatari Basketball League. He is now known as the "Qatari Porzingis".

Hadzibegovic Alen.jpg

Comment

According to Eurohopes, the 7'3" Croatian C Karlo Balja ('98) runs the floor fast, has soft hands and could be on the cusp of being something more than a sizeable mystery.

Time will tell if he could be good enough to become a credible atlernative to Cibona Zagreb's 7-foot C Krešimir Nikić ('99) and 6'10" PF/C Lovro Buljević ('98) given that both are struggling with injuries for pretty much the entire half-season. And to the greatest extent, someone to help forget that the Croatian Basketball Federation let go by 6'10" strong C Josip Popić ('98) to Austria and 6'10" PF/C Sandro Antunović ('98) to Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Comment

The U18 Division A draw has been done :

Group A : Spain, Italy, Sweden & Croatia.

Group B : Turkey, Germany, Finland & Greece.

Group C : Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel & Lithuania.

Group D : France, Serbia, Slovenia & Russia.

Comment

Bosnian generation 1998 lacks talent. There is only one real prospect, 6'6'' tall PG Ammar Gegic, but I have some doubts even about him. I can name three of four 7'0'' tall 1998 born Bosnian centers, but problem is that every of them is a drvo. Drvo is a Bosnian word for a tree, an we use it for a really - tall -center - but - who - lacks - any - basketball - skill.

Bosnian - American Dennis Alibegovic, 6'3'' tall combo guard will likely be called

People just like to overestimate players from the USA high schools, and I'm very suspicious about them. But this highlights video looks alright. I don't think that he will show up anyway, those players from USA always have something more important to do in the summer than to play for the national team.

We can't ignore that this U - 18 EC will also use as qualifications for the U - 19 WC next year. So I guess we will have to play our 1999 born very talented trio(Campara - Musa - Sikiras). In this summer they will be busy with the U - 17 WC, but I guess they will have to play for the U - 18 national team too. They can miss it in the next year, but this particular U - 18 EC is more important
          Last edited by BiHBasket; 01-31-2016, 03:24 PM.
          Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

One name that has popped up on the radar recently is California-based Prospect High School's 6'9" senior PF Nemanja Rajić ('98) who has a 6'9" wingpsan, a standing vertical leap of 28 inches (71 cm) and a running vertical of 36 inches (92 cm). Though he has almost no chance to make Serbia U18 national team considering he is facing stiff competition from top prospects Boriša Simanić and Miloš Glišić at the power forward spot.

Comment

Relatively speaking, Hargrave Military Academy's 7-feet tall Canadian Serb Ivan Čučak ('98) is becoming more and more like a poorman's version of Spencer Hawes. However, I highly doubt that Serbia's U18 national team head-coach Milan Gurović will have the presence of mind and the audacity to select and put him in competition with Mega Leks' 6'11" PF/C Uroš Plavšić ('98) and Crvena Zvezda's 6'9" C Stefan Đorđević ('98) for a starting role.

This year's midseason highlights

Last season's highlights
              Last edited by serbianhoops; 04-02-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I doubt that Serbian Basketball Federation ever heard of that kid.
                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

If by the Basketball Federation of Serbia, you mean Joca Antonić, Igor Rakočević and Aleksandar Smiljanić, then I can tell you there's no reason to doubt. They have heard about him, Konchar, Nick Rakočević and many others, but did they listen and will they act in a responsible way? Only they know the answer to that question.

Comment

6'10" swingman Miloš Apić ('98) who left Serbia last summer is making a name for himself in the USA in the past few weeks. Apić, a sleeper with tremendous upside, came from Sport's World Novi Sad (the youth academy where Darko Miličić and Milenko Tepić took their first steps on a basketball court) and he has grown almost 5 inches in the last couple of years. He is still in the process of adjusting to that growth but that doesn't prevent him to already be a matchup nightmare.

Comment

Is he related to Dragan Apic ???

Comment

Mega Leks' 6'5" SG Aleksandar Aranitović ('98) is set to miss the rest of the season and the U18 European Championhip after damaging knee ligaments.
                        Last edited by serbianhoops; 02-04-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                          Is he related to Dragan Apic ???
                          I am told he isn't.
                          Last edited by serbianhoops; 02-04-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Serbia's U18 head coach Milan Gurović has selected a squad of 15 players born in 1998 to participate in a 3-day mini-camp ahead of the U18 Albert Schweitzer Tournament.

Boriša Simanić (Crvena Zvezda)
                            Aleksa Radanov (Crvena Zvezda)
                            Matija Radović (Crvena Zvezda)
                            Miloš Glišić (Partizan)
                            Ivan Hadžić (Partizan)
                            Srećko Gašić (Partizan)
                            Simeon Jović (Vojvodina Novi Sad)
                            Aleksa Zarić (Vojvodina Novi Sad)
                            Nemanja Nikolić (Igokea)
                            Novak Musić (Mega Leks)
                            Dušan Beslać (Vizura Shark)
                            Luka Mihajlović (Polet Ratina)
                            Luka Vasić (KK Pirot)
                            Marko Rajanović (Proleter Naftagas Zrenjanin)
                            Luka Gašić (Mladost Zemun)

Coach Gurović and his advisors have made a somewhat surprising (not to say shocking) choice by picking Partizan's typical early-developed post duo Ivan Hadžić and Srećko Gašić over Mega's Uroš Plavšić and Crvena Zvezda's Stefan Đorđević, two players with much better upside potential.

As expected, the negative effects of the decision made by the Basketball Federation of Serbia to allow the registration of a maximun of 4 foreign national team players in Junior and Cadet leagues, are being felt with the absences of Crvena Zvezda's 6'7" swingman with a 6'9" wingspan Ivan Ćorović and Mega's 6'4" combo guard Jovan Vojinović (whose father Milija is a well-know referee). Both of them hold dual Serbian-Montenegrin citizenship and can now play for Montenegro without losing egibility to play for their respective clubs in the Junior League of Serbia.

Comment

Idiots, Plavsic is the only player over 210 cm ,also he possesses interesting physical tools and nice ball handling for such size and he's basically belongs to 1999 age group because he's born at the end of 1998, it's dubious how our federation and clubs are disregarding young players with good athleticism and size, they don't work with them ,they don't try to develop them, so we have bunch of undersized and athletically poor players in our NT's and clubs , Radoslav Pekovic is one of the examples of that wonderful "strategy" . Also under u18 team should be composed of more players born in 1999 , like Miskovic,Milosevic,Nikolic,Petrovic etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information