This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1ou
    With all the respect,please at least write it FYROM as it is internationally recognized and not Macedonia
    With all respect, pretty much everyone does recognize the country as Macedonia rather than FYROM and that does not mean they want to offend Greek people and its great, historical roots - even if it does.

Comment

Guys, we have a special thread for this issue http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...e-think/page36

Please continue there

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou
        I didn't mean it to provoke,just asked him politely to change the name into the internationally recognized one
        I get it but it's quite usual thing when such discussions turns into big OT, so just in case I introduced relevant thread for that

Comment

Group E: Slovenia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Kosovo

FIBA allowed 6'4" SG Darban Berisha ('88), who is the son of a Kosovar Albanian father and a Polish mother, to switch national team. And, according to Serbian media, Kosovar officials have contacted Manresa's 7'0" Serbian C Dejan Musli ('91) through his agent Miško Ražnatović and offered him to play for them.

Groupe F: Georgia, Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Albania

Montenegro's head coach Bogdan Tanjević has stated that he will call up Real Madrid's Germany-born 6'7" SF Dino Radončić ('99) in the team for the qualifiers.

Group G: Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Hungary, Great Britain, Luxembourg

7'0" Serbian C Uroš Luković ('89), whose mother hails from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, is said to have applied for citizenship in order to play for MZT Skopje without his presence counting against domestic league’s quota of foreigners, giving rise to all kinds of speculation regarding his future national team status.

Comment

Rumour has it that Crvena Zvezda Belgrade's 6'10" combo F Quincy Miller is Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 'first pick' to replace 6'8" PF Richard Hendrix as naturalized player.

Comment

Both Bosnian NBA players Nurkic and Teletovic said they will play in qualifications. But you never know with those NBA players. And situation with Djedovic is still unclear, remember that he took German citizenship and lost Bosnian citizenship.

We need a strong group of players, Russia and Sweden are strong opponents. One trivia, Sweden national team coach Vedran Bosnic is Bosnia - born and actually briefly played for Bosnian national team. Also, Sweden national team player Dino Pita is Bosnia - born(moved to Sweden with parents as a refugee during Bosnian war).
              Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                Draw for qualifications will be held on this Friday. Seedings:

I hope Iceland qualifies again!

Comment

One of the five tallest players in Europe, Kumanovo-born 7'5" Serbian center Marko Dujkovic will play for Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia after being clubless all 2015/16 season. He will count as domestic player.

Comment

I think his height is inflated, I watched him next to Marjanovic, he's much shorter than him, Marjanovic is listed 7"3
                    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Maccabi Tel-Aviv's 6'10" recruit Quincy Miller rejects Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia naturalization offer.

Comment

Doellman accepted offer from Kososvo and will be their naturalized player at the qualifiers.Seriously,what was thinking about?
                        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Money and playing for Barcelona without his presence counting against ACB league quotas of non-European players.

Unfortunately for Doellman, Spain doesn't recognize Kosovo independence, so he will continue to count as an US player.

Comment

considering the latest developments in Turkey added to the constant terrorristic threat.
                            will Turkey lose the organization of the eurobasket 2017. (one) group phase and final tournament.
                            so far there have been rumours only about the euroleague F4 being moved from Istanbul.
                            if Demirel wasn't the president of FIBA europe I'm quite sure they would be stripped of eurobasket organization for safety reasons but since he is a turk he will probably try and hold it as long as he can?
                            or?

I personally have been in Turkey couple of years ago (before all this shit with ISIS escalated) and wouldn't mind going there again.
                            but some of my friends who are usually travelling with me to the games already said they won't be travelling to Turkey if our team will be in the group phase there and possible final round.
                            what do you guys think?
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                              considering the latest developments in Turkey added to the constant terrorristic threat.
                              will Turkey lose the organization of the eurobasket 2017. (one) group phase and final tournament.
                              so far there have been rumours only about the euroleague F4 being moved from Istanbul.
                              if Demirel wasn't the president of FIBA europe I'm quite sure they would be stripped of eurobasket organization for safety reasons but since he is a turk he will probably try and hold it as long as he can?
                              or?

I personally have been in Turkey couple of years ago (before all this shit with ISIS escalated) and wouldn't mind going there again.
                              but some of my friends who are usually travelling with me to the games already said they won't be travelling to Turkey if our team will be in the group phase there and possible final round.
                              what do you guys think?
                              I am not touching that airport and competitions there. I know that the chances are not high, but really I don't need to gamble on a meaningless EB tournament. It's a lame duck tournament and I expect a lot of cancellations from all sides. The way things are going it's only going to get worse.

Comment

As I said before, when you're politically so strong, people never mind not to go there even if there are deadly terrorist atttacks that happen quite often. Funny thing is that French team Monaco refused to get here for security reason just only a few days after a terrorist attack in Nice. Beside France, many team will do the same against Turkey but not against France. You can't be afraid of France due to security reason becu they are stronger than us and all European countries except GB and Germany. Be sure that If Turkey was that strong, you also can't be afraid of us

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information