Polish NT in NBA Summer league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaj
    I really didn't know Urlep is that stupid...
    Elaj why do you think that Matiz have right - this is good promotion for Polish bball, and also for young Polish players who think about NBA (Like Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski)

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
      Well, it might be a good exposure in polish media, as well as guys like Ignierski, Lampe and others getting some exposure from NBA teams... but from competitive point of view, considering polish NT is supposed to be preparing to european championship, it's a clear miss as some of you already pointed out.
      I second that.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
        Elaj why do you think that Matiz have right - this is good promotion for Polish bball, and also for young Polish players who think about NBA (Like Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski)
        I said exposure, not promotion...
        If Poland will suck at european championship due to bad preparations and because of Urlep "inventing warm water" with his experimenting by preparing vs. bunch of players that are called a team just because it's easier to define them that way than actually saying bunch of bballers only playing for their respective a$$es, that'll be a baaaaaad antipromotion of polish basketball... the effect of loosing by big margins at EC would imho be much worse than beating up some NBDLers caring purely about their performance.
        And Urlep should act responsible preparing his team to give their best at EC, and he won't achieve such effect by beating up some summer leaguers...

I don't think Fiba would be happy either if the 2009 european championship host would get humiliated in the group games.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Coah urlep said today for newspaper that this will be a great lesson for his players. Everyone will play against great players, and everyone will meet with they.
          "We want fight with only the best teams. I will be not happy when we will beat Iceland by 30-40 points ... i will be happy when we will fight with strong teams!" - said coach Urlep

Comment

That's a stupid decision.

Are you gonna play by basketball or NBA rules there?

Comment

Coah urlep said today for newspaper that this will be a great lesson for his players. Everyone will play against great players, and everyone will meet with they.
              "We want fight with only the best teams. I will be not happy when we will beat Iceland by 30-40 points ... i will be happy when we will fight with strong teams!" - said coach Urlep
              Only the best teams... in NBA summer league? and he actually used the term teams?
              I give up...
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                Only the best teams... in NBA summer league? and he actually used the term teams?
                I give up...
                Do you think that for example LA Lakers is a poor team I didnt friend what you think You think that Urlep strategy is bad

Comment

They will only play summer league teams, which means teams of guys trying to prove they have the level to play in the NBA. I agree with Matiz that you can't really call a summer league team a Team, because guys play for themselves before anything. Anyway, we'll see the results during the Eurobasket, but this could be a good operation to promote Polish Bball.
                  It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo
                    They will only play summer league teams, which means teams of guys trying to prove they have the level to play in the NBA. I agree with Matiz that you can't really call a summer league team a Team, because guys play for themselves before anything.
                    yes, but if player will play in Summer League, this mean that he is good - because teams from NBA send invitation to him, and want see him in action. Do you know how many good European players will be play in Summer Leagues So please didnt write that on Summer Leagues play poor players ...

Originally posted by damelo
                    Anyway, we'll see the results during the Eurobasket, but this could be a good operation to promote Polish Bball.
                    Yes, this will be another good promote for Polish Bball I see that Polish federation think very much about good picture of Polish Bball in Europe and World

Comment

Good players won't be playing the summer league, because they will rather spent their time at their NT preparations for European Championship in Spain.

Have you ever watched any SL games? It's like you are watching a random streetball pick-up game, maybe the level is a bit better.

Comment

Well it's true that in NBA summer league are mostly playing prospects, who are trying to be drafted or were just drafted, marginal players with bench warming status in NBA and players from around the world, who were drafted long time ago or just want to look for luck and sign a contract with NBA team. I think the problem isn't so much the quality of the players (I think Artest played last summer also), but the quality of the game and team play. I don't think Urlep will benefit for playing against those teams, but that is his problem. But even if Poland would have no preparation at all before Eurobasket, I'm still not sure about Slovenia beating them in Spain, especially because we will probably have weaker team with many players rather healing and resting in the summer.
                        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Can Poland beat Iceland by 30-40 points?
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

yes, but if player will play in Summer League, this mean that he is good - because teams from NBA send invitation to him, and want see him in action. Do you know how many good European players will be play in Summer Leagues So please didnt write that on Summer Leagues play poor players...
                            Well, That's not what I meant really. The best players don't come, with special opportunities for guys like Ron Artest when he arrived to Sacramento or STAT last year, they both needed to play. Even , Diawara played in summer leagues, and was in Miami's plans one year before going to Denver. But how many players who are going to summer leagues succeed in going to the NBA. not that much I think. They're not bad, or poor either. They don't meet with the plans of the franchise they are playing for. Koffi and Bokolo played last year's summer leagues I think, and nothing came. I think they are good players. But I think we have to admit that guys like Juanca Navarro or Garbajosa don't(didn't) need summer leagues to get their place in the great league.
                            Already, summer leagues are not the place to build a team, I think. And I think a European NT even not a top one, should beat a summer league team easily.
                            It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                              Can Poland beat Iceland by 30-40 points?
                              I think that now yes, and you

Comment

I read today on Polish site that Polish Basketball Federation think about Polish citizenship for Andrew Wisniewski - he have Polish roots

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information