No announcement yet.

Slo players abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said after the trade happened. This is a very good trade for Toronto and also for Brezec.

Comment

Nesterovic had 16 points (8-10) and 10 rebounds as Toronto drummed Miami. Brezec had 9 points in 13 minutes.

Easy bucket for Rasho
      Jump hook Rasho
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

they're both able to put up these numbers consecutively if Bosh is out, while my personal opinion is Toronto wouldn't be losing much more by that either, but yeah I know that might be highly discusable to most Toronto fans
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Rasho had 17 points, 6 assists, and 6 rebounds in a win over Seattle last night.
          Toronto 116, Seattle 109 -- AP, March 10, 2008

There were nights early in the season when the Raptor’s Rasho Nesterovic didn’t play at all. Rather than sulk postgame, the veteran center would head upstairs to the practice gym and run.

Now, with All-Star forward Chris Bosh sidelined with a knee injury, that perseverance is paying off for Nesterovic.

Nesterovic scored 17 points to lead Toronto to a 114-106 win over the Seattle SuperSonics on Sunday, the Raptors’ fifth consecutive game without Bosh.

“Rasho is a pro,” Raptors coach Sam Mitchell said. “He never complains and is always ready to play. That’s something our young players need to learn from.”

...The game marked the third time in the last five that Nesterovic has scored at least16 points. He also led the Raptors with six assists, which may be a first for the big Slovenian.

“I can’t remember (the last time he led his team in assists),” Nesterovic said. “They don’t let big guys pass, because they don’t trust them. I finally found a team that trusts big guys.”
          Slovenian versus Frenchman
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

And lets not forget Beno with 25PTS and 10AST

Vujacic also a nice game with 15PTS though i don't care for him much
            My homage to The heroes:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12
              And lets not forget Beno with 25PTS and 10AST

Vujacic also a nice game with 15PTS though i don't care for him much
              He hit last two FT's for the win. @#$% PRICELESS, EAT THIS #$%% VUJAČIČ.

GO RASHO!

Such language, Elaj! --Matt

Comment

“Rasho is a pro,” Raptors coach Sam Mitchell said. “He never complains and is always ready to play. That’s something our young players need to learn from.”
                Yes, that was always the general idea I had about him, in fact I think he himself on court conveys that. Actually sometimes I look at him and think "you should be more agressive and determined", but nothing changes about his expressionless and cold stare. That said, he's as pro as he can be, one of those trustable players any coach would like to rely on.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

I think the sentence "Rasho is a pro" describes him prefectly. Hes' the one that helps the new guys to integrate in the team, the one that make jokes to the inrjuried teammates in order to cheer them up, the one that takes every training as a true game, and the one that absolutely never complains even when he hasnt the minutes that he clearly deserves.
                  Imo thats the definition of a pro. Im really glad that hes doing nicely now and hope that the coach doesnt forget this when Bosh comes back

Udrih : impressive as always. If he continues this way.. well, sky is the limit.
                  I KISS BASKET

Comment

As for Rasho, I still don't know why San Antonio traded him...he helped them win the '05 title (and Udrih helped them during that season). Popovich loved Rasho so much that he went to Slovenia to talk to him. I guess Popovich thought that Mohamed would be better (which wasn't true).

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                      As for Rasho, I still don't know why San Antonio traded him...he helped them win the '05 title (and Udrih helped them during that season). Popovich loved Rasho so much that he went to Slovenia to talk to him. I guess Popovich thought that Mohamed would be better (which wasn't true).
                      Cap space to sign Duncan and Manu and such to new contracts.
                      My homage to The heroes:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Another great game by Rasho, but his Toronto lost to Lakers.

He had 18 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 TO with 9-15 FGM-A.

Brezec spent 3 minutes on court and had 3 points and a rebound.

With Bosh injured Rasho is really making some decent offensive effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12
                          Cap space to sign Duncan and Manu and such to new contracts.
                          Yes, you're right.

Toronto lost, but Nesterovic had 18 points (9-15), 8 rebounds against Pau Gasol and the Lakers.

Kobe Bryant fouls Rasho
                          Good-looking lay-up around Gasol
                          Hand-off for the dunk (what's wrong with Vlade?)

Comment

Slovenian NBA players stats so far:

Beno Udrih (Sacramento Kings) - 32mpg, 13ppg, 3.4rpg, 4.4apg in 56 games so far.

Boštjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets) - 22mpg, 10ppg, 3.6rpg, 1.1apg in 58 games so far.

Rasho Nesterovič (Toronto Raptors) - 17mpg, 5.2ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.0apg in 53 games so far.

Primož Brezec (Toronto Raptors) - 10mpg, 2.2ppg, 1.7rpg, 0.2apg in 45 games so far.

Aleksander Vujačič (LA Lakers) - 17mpg, 8.4ppg, 1.9rpg, 1.0apg in 54 games so far.

All of them except for Brezec are having decent seasons - stats wise.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                              All of them except for Brezec are having decent seasons - stats wise.
                              Yes, you're right. And furthermore, Nesterovic has never been a big stat guy (until the past two weeks). He's giving that team a lot of help there in Toronto. Also, are the stats you gave for Udrih his season stats or his Sacramento stats? That seems a little low...

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                                Yes, you're right. And furthermore, Nesterovic has never been a big stat guy (until the past two weeks). He's giving that team a lot of help there in Toronto. Also, are the stats you gave for Udrih his season stats or his Sacramento stats? That seems a little low...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information