Slo players abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zagorac close to Anwil
    Anwi Wloclawek propably tommorow will sign contract with Zelimir (Zeljko) Zagorac. 26-years old Slovenian forward last season spent in Ural Great Perm, where averaged 11.9 ppg and 7.9 rpg. Zagorac is Slovenian NT member.
    Source: http://www.wtkanwil.com.pl/index.php...ualnosc&id=943

Comment

Zelimir Zagorac sign today one year contract with Anwil Wloclawek

Comment

Zagorac played well in WC 06' in Japan for Slovenia. I'm sure he can be reinforcement for Anwil.
        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
          Zagorac played well in WC 06' in Japan for Slovenia. I'm sure he can be reinforcement for Anwil.
          I also hope so I believe in coach Pipan, and I know that he want made good move

Comment

Bostjan Nachbar, 2007-08

Everybody's favorite crazy Slovenian forward is having his best statistical year this season, scoring 10 points and 3 rebounds per game. Unfortunately, he is making only 40% some percent of his hosts. He's had some good games, like a 23 point night against Portland, and a 19 point night yesterday against Washington.

But I'm a little worried. Apparently Big Boki is getting a little violent:
            Dan Steinberg Blog - 12/11/2007, by Dan Steinberg, The Washington Post

...Speaking of the Nets game, my second-favorite moment was when New Jersey's Bostjan Nachbar was called for several fouls in quick succession and taken out, at which point he decided to kick a Nachbar hole in the Southwest Airlines signage hanging underneath the scorer's table (pictured). Someone get out the duct tape before Tuesday night....
            Seriously though, it's good to see him playing 20+ minutes per night, especially since he's subbing for Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson.

Some pictures:
            Good, athletic lay-up
            Trying to block a hammer by his best friend
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

i like the way he plays...last season he became a ferocious player..fearlessly driving to the basket and posterizing tim duncan, samuel dalembert, elton brand and jermain o'neal..

Comment

Originally posted by bestkept
                i like the way he plays...last season he became a ferocious player..
                Me too. He's one of those players that really never backs down and he always is "full of beans" = he's got a lot of energy.

Last night he had 8 points and 4 rebounds in 17 minutes. But he only shot 2-8. That's pretty bad.

Driving to the hoop, guarded by Cat Mobley
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Charlotte Bobcats traded Slovenian Primoz Brezec and Argentinian Walter Herrmann in exchange for Detroit Pistons' Nazr Mohammed.

Brezec is still recovering from his health problems which he had during the summer. I guess Bobcats decided not to wait for him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                    Charlotte Bobcats traded Slovenian Primoz Brezec and Argentinian Walter Herrmann in exchange for Detroit Pistons' Nazr Mohammed.

Brezec is still recovering from his health problems which he had during the summer. I guess Bobcats decided not to wait for him anymore.
                    if we consider Detroit as a far more stacked team than Charlotte that might be the first step on his stairway to europe in a short while. I think few clubs won't have a problem paying him those 2 mio € that would right now equal to almost a full MLE which he obviously won't get in NBA.
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

not exactly a player, but Jonathan is wrote down some interesting stuff on Mahorič and BC Kiev in his latest "blogging through europe".

Kyiv is coached by a Slovenian coach by the name of Tomo Mohoric, who despite his youth (42 years old) already has a ULEB Cup championship on his resume with Lietuvos Rytas, and a Top-16 Euroleague run with European minions Olimpija Ljubljana, their last since he left. He’s been on the short list for some very high profile European jobs as of late, and it’s only a matter of time it seems until he lands one.

I got to watch the team practice on Thursday as they prepared for arguably the biggest game of their season in the domestic Ukrainian competition—a clash with archrivals Azovmash, a fellow ULEB Cup team and the current league champions after having knocked off Kyiv a five game playoff series final last season. [Kyiv ended up beating Azovmash on Saturday]

After having watched teams all over Europe practice over the past three weeks, it was interesting to note the contrasts between Mohoric’s style and other coaches. They run two practices per day here and seem to put a huge emphasis on physical conditioning and fundamentals (which is typical of the ex-Yugoslavian schools of basketball from what I understand), running a very scripted, serious, organized practice with no dead moments that is heavy on tactics and not at all geared towards full-court five on five scrimmaging. On the side, I watched Slovenian forward Marko Maravic go through a mini bootcamp as part of his rehab from an injury he’s suffering from. Situps, pushups, pull-ups, plenty of running—he got in as good a workout as anyone to ensure that he’s in shape when he’s finally ready to step back on the court. That’s the job of Slovenian assistant coach Bostian Jaske, and judging by the way he looks himself, he surely practices what he preaches. From what the players told me, this is typical of the work they go through almost every single day to ensure that they are in peak physical conditioning.

They also do quite a bit of individual work with the coaches on their skills, particularly on the fundamentals of the game. “He’ll [Tomo Mohoric] go old-school on us from time to time”, Pooh Jeter told us: “we’ll work on passing, ball-handling, boxing out, posting up, everything. It’s really good.” Besides the two practices per day, players can put in extra work before and after both practices if they please, which three players in particular constantly take advantage of: Jeter (“the last player to leave practice every single day,” according to Mohoric), Manuchar Markoishvili, and Andriy Lebedintsev, a 16 year old point guard who had a solid showing in the U-16 European championship this past summer, and is part of the roster and occasionally sees some playing time in the Ukrainian league. He was profiled by Luis Fernandez already back in 2006.
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

BTW Tomo is a good friend of mine for more than 30 years. We went to school together, played some music and loooots of basketball together for so many years...
                        In fact beside his intelligence he is too good as a person and that is what is beating him in this rough business of today's basketball. Unfortunately not all the games seem to end on the bb court and I strongly believe as well that it is only a matter of time when some bigshot european club recognizes his abilities and grabs him for a decent contract. There were so many so called " coaches " and businessmen that put a knife in his back...Just check the last few years...(JPF must know who I am talking about..)
                        But he is learning to deal with all of them too and I cannot wait to see him as the head of a strong slovenian NT in the future.
                        He also speaks highly about his current employees.
                        Bottom line - he is one of the few persons that I'd always support 100% because of his sincerety.

Comment

well I don't know precisely who you are talking about, since the rumours about Mahorič in Slovenia can be very contradictional as you probably know... but afterall there aren't any person in our bball that would be liked by at least 30% of population and wouldn't get that ussual knife stabbing in the back as soon as possible, but sooner or later you get the lesson not believing to anything people connected with basketball are saying here
                          All that counts for me are the results and Mahorič had those, in 02/03 Olimpija played the best looking basketball in europe probably and I don't think the title with Rytas was a coincidence as many people here in Slovenia love to suggest (or even that the title was won due to Rytas ex coach Vukoičić setting things up before Mahorič came there... you probably know with whoom I had these arguements)
                          I wish him all the luck and hope once the situation might be apropriate for him to return to Slovenia... lately there are too many coaches leaving our bball on every level...
                          Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 12-18-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I guess you're right...
                            but that 02/03 team really played basketball that kept me in the Tivoli arena almost the whole season (despite the fact Tomo and me were both kids from Kodeljevo...
                            He also told me that that team was practically 100% after his ideas and demands before the season...
                            I also remember that "must win game for final four for/in Barcelona and R. Delafuente's free throws like yesterday...

As for the Rytas...
                            from what I remember the club was not exactly on the winning streak when he took over...also who knows if then inexperienced and young Jasaitis would get so many of the playing time without our coach...but yet again this is completely a subjective view of mine...
                            I am just glad that some people still have eyes for the good...

Fish

Comment

Didn't want to start separate tread, but i have to mention this:
                              Brezec is showing right now, that he's capable of playing in NBA. 8 points in 10 mins in his debut for Raptors.

Comment

Originally posted by zwbgr
                                ...Brezec is showing right now, that he's capable of playing in NBA. 8 points in 10 mins in his debut for Raptors.
                                Great! That's good for him. I don't know how he went from being a 15-10 player in the NBA to a guy sitting on the bench.

Bargnani Scores 25 Points in win Over Knicks -- February 25, 2008, AP

....Toronto center Primoz Brezec, acquired from Detroit on Thursday, made his Raptors debut in the second and finished with 11 points in 12 minutes.

“He surprised me with his intensity,” Bosh said. “I’m liking what I’m seeing from him.”

…Toronto fielded players from five countries at one point in the second, including Bargnani (Italy), Brezec (Slovenia), Calderon (Spain), Carlos Delfino (Argentina) and Parker (United States).
                                Brezec was 5-5 shooting, probably helped by easy dunks like this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information