Kristaps Porzingis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristaps Porzingis

I think it's about time to have a separate thread to discuss this new sensation. Lately European posters argued that new generation lacks super stars. Well here you go - Porzingis looks like exactly the one who might be "next Dirk or Pau". Really impressive player, tougher, more athletic and more skilled than people thought. I think he surely the closest thing to Dirk since the "next Dirk" compaign begun. His shooting fundamentals are great and he can basically shoot over anybody with his size. And he's not some Bargnani who will only stick in the perimeter to look for his own shot. Porzingis crushers the boards, goes for nasty put backs. Moves well for his size. Looking forward if he'll be able to bring Latvian NT to another level.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 11-23-2015, 12:17 AM.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

against the Rockets he was even better with 24 points, 14 rebs and 7 blocks (!!!).
    It's incredible how he needed less then 15 games to change the minds of NYK fans how were concerned about him being picked so high by the Knicks.
    surely the best draft pick so far from the ones picked at the last draft.
    but it remains to be seen if Latvian NT will benefit from that 'cause if I remember correctly Andris Biedrins was not always available for the NT duties either.
    and if it is to be the case with Porzingis (and it already happened this summer) then this topic should be moved to NBA section.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Porzingis's potential is insane, definetly he is next big thing for euro basketball.It's really hilarious that Lakers passed up on Porzingis. Amazing player on both sides Knicks got the steal of the draft.

Comment

There were some questionmark with Porzingis prior to this season, however I'm glad I got this one right. Such a tall guy with such leg work and overall motorics as well as seemingly a very good head on his shoulders on top of that is a rarity no team should pass.

Towns and Okafor are also amazing talents, if it wasn't for that Porzingis would be a great candidate for NBA ROY in some other seasons.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

His calm and poise is going to serve him well. Everyone compares him to Dirk, but he's a better rebounder, better defender, better ball handler and has better post moves as a 20 year old. Porzingis is more like a 2015 version of Kevin Garnett with a three-point shot.

http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart View Post
            Porzingis is more like a 2015 version of Kevin Garnett with a three-point shot.
            He's a bit less athletic than young Garnett, but taller as well. Another good 20pts, 14 rebounds performance for Porzingis. His minutes goes sky high lately.

As for Latvian NT, fans should hope he's much like Dirk when it's comes to NT. It would be a huge loss for this country to lose this super talent. It's not even Biedrins. I don't think he could make Latvian NT some true contender in FIBA tournaments, but to rise them to another level - yes. If he won't, god knows what type of player can.

BTW, now I kinda have a feeling that there are 2 types of truly dominant players in the game with a rare exception in Curry and Westbrook. One type is Jame's type - athletic, all around player who can cover 1-4 positions, but not exactly playing big under the boards, not making some fundamental defensive difference in the paint (besides Lebron it's Durant, Greek Freak of that type). Second type is Davis' type and I think it's the newest brand emerged to the NBA. It's athletic and really big 4 who can play 4-5 positions, has complete skill set, crushes the glasses and has perimeter game, three point shot. It's Porzingis who belongs to this category, also Aldridge and Boogie probably with a lesser degree.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

NYK fans thought he is a draft bust like Darko Milicic. Now their opinions have completely changed and they even started to compare him with Dirk. That's actually a good example of how NBA fans have bias towards European players. I really want this guy to be successful because those boos annoyed me a lot in draft night. Not a classy attitude but this unique guy is answering everyone on floor with this great performance. He was actually the only European whom I expected to make impact on NBA immediately. Definitely the most underrated player when it comes to praising. I had been sick of seeing hyping for Hezonja whole season but this guy never ever tasted this feeling and just did his job in Spain last season. Wish the best for him.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I like the guy. When asked about the kid who took a crying selfie when Porzingis was drafted, Kristaps said: I heard he bought my jersey by now.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

He already has a grand story about him just after his first 18 games:

FREE 100+ Picture Guide to Flipping Houses http://amzn.to/2aqg47lStephen A Smith reacts to the New York Knicks drafting Kristaps Porzingis. Montage shows his...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Porzingis will make a decision whether to suit up for NT in the OQT or further improve via self-training.
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                      Porzingis will make a decision whether to suit up for NT in the OQT or further improve via self-training.
                      http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...al-team-020116
                      Well, that's bad news for Latvian fans. He's nothing like Nowitzki or Pau Gasol when it comes to NT. He already skipped one tournament and he's thinking about skipping other.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Everyone wants to watch the opposition between Jokić and Porzingis but Bjelica against Bertans isn't a bad matchup either.

Comment

Look at this Baltic connection Kuzminskas and Porzingis.

New York Knicks' European stars Mindaugas Kuzminskas no-look assist to Kristaps Porzingis for the dunk.About the NBA: The NBA is the premier professional bas...
                          Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                          FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                          FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Porzingis should play for his National Team,He is difficult to contain.
                            Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                            Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

How about Porzingis this season? I mean 30,5pts per game, 7 boards, 2.3 blocks...

Europe has 3 amazing talents at the moment - Giannis, Porzingis and Jokic.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information