Lithuanian NT 2016 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

As for guard rotation, It's very realistic Jasaitis might face some time at 2 if he finally can be a scoring player again. Let's face it, 100% ready Jasaitis can compete with both Pocius and Milaknis. But he needs to bring both offence and defence just as he used to do in 2006-2012.
    100% ready Jasaitis from 2006-2012 would be a lock in NT. Anyway not sure how much of that old himself Jasaitis still has in him. Offensivelly he seems like brough his confidence and shooting touch back, but in quite mediocre team and no idea how good he is defensivelly nowadays. But if he still has it, addition of Jasaitis instead of Gailius would be quite an imporvement in SF/SG. I'd really like guards rotation with Kalnietis, Seibutis (SG/PG), Pocius, Milaknis, Jasaitis (SF/SG), if all of them will be healthy and ready of course. There's enough skills in defense, offense, slashers/shooters, and more than enough experience to handle psichologically such tournament like Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      100% ready Jasaitis from 2006-2012 would be a lock in NT. Anyway not sure how much of that old himself Jasaitis still has in him. Offensivelly he seems like brough his confidence and shooting touch back, but in quite mediocre team and no idea how good he is defensivelly nowadays. But if he still has it, addition of Jasaitis instead of Gailius would be quite an imporvement in SF/SG. I'd really like guards rotation with Kalnietis, Seibutis (SG/PG), Pocius, Milaknis, Jasaitis (SF/SG), if all of them will be healthy and ready of course. There's enough skills in defense, offense, slashers/shooters, and more than enough experience to handle psichologically such tournament like Olympics
      Yeah this guard lineup would be upgrade comparing it to 2015 team .And the end of the day tournaments showed that those lkl level Pointguards is not doing any impact on final team results.When Olympics starts kalnietis and seibutis will have to do playmaking. Kalnietis-Seibutis-Pocius-Milaknis most likely will be in a team so left 5 th guard position ,do we need real pointguard (when kalnietis is playing 30min+) or take better level other positions player? So far coaches always were taken real 2nd PG that was not level is required for highest basketball... and which of them made real impact in last 5 tournaments? Exactly.Kazlauskas will have to decide,because if Jasaitis IN,we will have to say "no" to 2nd PG,because Sf position is full with Maciulis and Kuzminskas.

Hopefully Pocius and Lekavicius game versus pasvalys wasnt a fluke.Because right now krapikas heavily relys on Kalnietis,Seibutis,Hanlan in euroleague.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        Yeah this guard lineup would be upgrade comparing it to 2015 team .And the end of the day tournaments showed that those lkl level Pointguards is not doing any impact on final team results.When Olympics starts kalnietis and seibutis will have to do playmaking. Kalnietis-Seibutis-Pocius-Milaknis most likely will be in a team so left 5 th guard position ,do we need real pointguard (when kalnietis is playing 30min+) or take better level other positions player? So far coaches always were taken real 2nd PG that was not level is required for highest basketball... and which of them made real impact in last 5 tournaments? Exactly.Kazlauskas will have to decide,because if Jasaitis IN,we will have to say "no" to 2nd PG,because Sf position is full with Maciulis and Kuzminskas.
        I also don't see a point in taking 2nd PG to Olympics, if we don't have one, who really deserves to be there, who could handle huge pressure. It'd be just another tourist, who wouldn't get a chance to play, unless we would lead comfortabily, but how many games will be like this? Most likely 0-1. So it's better to strenghten other positions or to take a player like Javtokas, who even without stepping on court, would be usefull in lockeroom, like he was this year with helping to handle the pressure after tough start.
        Just to pass the halfcourt line and give the ball away to teammate (or not) like its usually done by our back-up PGs is a job which could be done by any other backcourt player

Comment

I also don't see a point in taking 2nd PG to Olympics, if we don't have one, who really deserves to be there, who could handle huge pressure. It'd be just another tourist, who wouldn't get a chance to play, unless we would lead comfortabily, but how many games will be like this? Most likely 0-1. So it's better to strenghten other positions or to take a player like Javtokas, who even without stepping on court, would be usefull in lockeroom, like he was this year with helping to handle the pressure after tough start.
          Just to pass the halfcourt line and give the ball away to teammate (or not) like its usually done by our back-up PGs is a job which could be done by any other backcourt player
          I strongly dissagree giving a free ticket to Javtokas, just because he is a a great lockerroom guy. These players are men, not kids, they dont need babysitter. I am sure that other players like Jankunas and Kalnietis already could replace him as emotional leaders.

I would use that spot for a 2nd PG instead. God forbid if something would happen to Kalnietis. Seibutis and Pocius would be our PG's? Ok, I can live with Seibutis, but not Pocius.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
            I strongly dissagree giving a free ticket to Javtokas, just because he is a a great lockerroom guy. These players are men, not kids, they dont need babysitter. I am sure that other players like Jankunas and Kalnietis already could replace him as emotional leaders.
            Yeah, we saw how they didn't need a "babysitter" in group phase this year, how they almost screwed up, couldn't handle the pressure and were emotionally/psychologically dead. Luckily we had one, who helped our team big time, managed to get the team together. Don't underestimate psychological factor in tournaments of such caliber. Coaches always wants to have experienced players in teams, which can help to deal with that, moreover Javtokas is not totally washed-up. Tho, I'm not sayin' that only this should guarantee him a place in NT, but if i had to choose between him or other benchwarmer, I'd pick Javtokas anytime

I would use that spot for a 2nd PG instead. God forbid if something would happen to Kalnietis. Seibutis and Pocius would be our PG's? Ok, I can live with Seibutis, but not Pocius.
            Thinking this way, we can take 4 centers, what if JV will get injured... But atleast we have smth to choose from, while with PGs the thing is - there's no 2nd PG who could contribute on such stage as Olympics. All these Lekavicius, Juskevicius, Vasiliauskas or whoever else can do he same thing that Seibutis/Pocius could do - cross the halfcourt line and give the ball away. None of them is capable of running NT's offense, with some we are left 4vs5 in offense overall, atleast it looks like that for now, maybe by May/June someone will be there, but now with Seibutis/Pocius you can atleast be sure that they won't come out on court with pants full of sh..t. Afterall we are talking here not about LKL, EL or even some World Cup. Personally I'd feel way more comfortable seein' experienced guard with ball than some rookie tryin' to be PG

Comment

Jasaitis is playing very well in italian league,but our league iisn't high level like 10-15 years ago!

Comment

I agree about the psychological factor. Look how exhausted Kazlauskas felt after the tournament (good news he's coming back after Holidays). Every year Lithuanian BB is becoming more and more popular and this year not only Olympic tickets were at stake, but I also felt the local fan base in Riga kinda took everything possible from players emotionally. You could feel the greatness of those loudly sung anthems, but also the huge pressure. Also local attention from media, interviews, advertisement making - that takes a hell out of you. I'm happy Olympics will be held in Rio at this point, only slightly worried how FIBA (and Brazil) will handle this in terms of refs and other details. Not to take anything from Javtokas, JV is really becoming a boss of the NT. I felt he's basically stepping up as vocal and mental leader in the team and this year he looks very confident in the Raptors. D-Mo even in 2014 showed some good signs of being a good team player, one of vocal leaders. Those 2 becoming monster players and they know it and they feel it and they will start handling all the mental upside of the team soon if not already, obviously with the help of Jankunas, Maciulis, Kalnietis and maybe some other veterans. Kleiza's presence here would be huge as well. The guy used to be the boss of the NT few years back. Showed a lot to JV while being together in Toronto.

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                Jasaitis is playing very well in italian league,but our league iisn't high level like 10-15 years ago!
                It will be hard task to Kazlauskas, but if Jasaitis will be one of the best Italian league players, I think he should be in the camp. Also scouts will do their job.
                Last edited by Straight forward; 11-03-2015, 01:20 PM.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Yeah, we saw how they didn't need a "babysitter" in group phase this year, how they almost screwed up, couldn't handle the pressure and were emotionally/psychologically dead. Luckily we had one, who helped our team big time, managed to get the team together. Don't underestimate psychological factor in tournaments of such caliber. Coaches always wants to have experienced players in teams, which can help to deal with that, moreover Javtokas is not totally washed-up. Tho, I'm not sayin' that only this should guarantee him a place in NT, but if i had to choose between him or other benchwarmer, I'd pick Javtokas anytime
                  Wow. Javtokas is our saviour. He was the one who solved all the problems we had and Mindozas is our insider, saw how Javtokas used his magic spells on this team!

Thinking this way, we can take 4 centers, what if JV will get injured... But atleast we have smth to choose from, while with PGs the thing is - there's no 2nd PG who could contribute on such stage as Olympics. All these Lekavicius, Juskevicius, Vasiliauskas or whoever else can do he same thing that Seibutis/Pocius could do - cross the halfcourt line and give the ball away. None of them is capable of running NT's offense, with some we are left 4vs5 in offense overall, atleast it looks like that for now, maybe by May/June someone will be there, but now with Seibutis/Pocius you can atleast be sure that they won't come out on court with pants full of sh..t. Afterall we are talking here not about LKL, EL or even some World Cup. Personally I'd feel way more comfortable seein' experienced guard with ball than some rookie tryin' to be PG
                  Do you even think before you write? We dont need to take 4 centers... BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 GOOD ENOUGH...
                  I dont get it how can you praise Pocius so much... If you think this ballstoper can run our offence , you have to be out of your mind. By the way reading your comments I would go with the later.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    I agree about the psychological factor. Look how exhausted Kazlauskas felt after the tournament (good news he's coming back after Holidays). Every year Lithuanian BB is becoming more and more popular and this year not only Olympic tickets were at stake, but I also felt the local fan base in Riga kinda took everything possible from players emotionally. You could feel the greatness of those loudly sung anthems, but also the huge pressure. Also local attention from media, interviews, advertisement making - that takes a hell out of you. I'm happy Olympics will be held in Rio at this point, only slightly worried how FIBA (and Brazil) will handle this in terms of refs and other details. Not to take anything from Javtokas, JV is really becoming a boss of the NT. I felt he's basically stepping up as vocal and mental leader in the team and this year he looks very confident in the Raptors. D-Mo even in 2014 showed some good signs of being a good team player, one of vocal leaders. Those 2 becoming monster players and they know it and they feel it and they will start handling all the mental upside of the team soon if not already, obviously with the help of Jankunas, Maciulis, Kalnietis and maybe some other veterans. Kleiza's presence here would be huge as well. The guy used to be the boss of the NT few years back. Showed a lot to JV while being together in Toronto.
                    JV is likeable guy in NT, he has good sense of humour afaik, he is key guy on court, but so far he is not the leader in lockeroom, atleast when situation gets hot. He might be such in the future, but so far Javtokas is the man, followed by Jankunas, Kalnietis. Latter also is more of JV type of leader, when it comes to jokes part, having fun and etc.

Comment

Wow. Javtokas is our saviour. He was the one who solved all the problems we had and Mindozas is our insider, saw how Javtokas used his magic spells on this team!
                      It's always wiser to keep your mouth shut if you don't know smth, than try to act like a smartass. You failed at it

Do you even think before you write? We dont need to take 4 centers... BECAUSE WE HAVE 2 GOOD ENOUGH...
                      I dont get it how can you praise Pocius so much... If you think this ballstoper can run our offence , you have to be out of your mind. By the way reading your comments I would go with the later.
                      Do you even understand what you read?

Comment

JV is likeable guy in NT, he has good sense of humour afaik, he is key guy on court, but so far he is not the leader in lockeroom, atleast when situation gets hot. He might be such in the future, but so far Javtokas is the man, followed by Jankunas, Kalnietis. Latter also is more of JV type of leader, when it comes to jokes part, having fun and etc.
                        +1. Valanciunas was just listening when javtokas,jankunas,kalnietis was trying to find words for entire team atleast this i saw in riga arena.How 23 old can be vocal leader to 28-32 years players? What can Valanciunas say to Jankunas or Kalnietis that they do not know already playing in playoofs? .Local leaders usually are those older ones and more experienced ,because they were in these fight before many many times and knows what to say in hard and hot moments for younger fellows.Vocal leader is not that one that shines in interviews,vocal leader is that make his presences felt with words in hot moments when house is burning.

Javtokas is this area is so far ahead of everyone,nobody is even close it.Javtokas is the best captain Lithuania National team ever had .He had that ability to united entire team.All players respect him and listens when he talks.Ant we can hear that from many who is inside the lockeroom of our team for manny years.Saying that im not sure we need him in as a player 2016.The truth is javtokas is not same javtokas on the floor.He helped against Georgia when valanciunas strugled ,but thats was all in eurobasket2015.

But if choose between lkl level pg that wont make any difference or javtokas that will make big difference inside the loockeroom.Ofcourse its better take our true captain...But if he can take player level like good form jasaitis instead,than better take Jasaitis. Jankunas and Kalnietis will compensate to some degree javtokas absence in captain role.

Kunigelis said after london 2012 that javtokas was badly missed...Kazlauskas knows better if he gonna write his name in the first list of candidates,he will be in the team.
                        Last edited by Shawshank; 11-03-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

It's always wiser to keep your mouth shut if you don't know smth, than try to act like a smartass. You failed at it

Do you even understand what you read?
                          lo. what an idiot.

Comment

If something happens to Kalnietis in the tournament,we are just done in Olympics thats all.Without Kalnietis we have no chance winning 1/4 game against most likely better team even with kalnietis in the lineup. Juskevicius,Janavicius,Lekavicius will not help us win 1/4 game,there is good chance they would hurt team more,than help being in that PG spot 1/4 game in Olympics...We have to go all in with best players we have.What is the point with those tourist lkl level PG like 2008 prekevicius,2009 mazutis,2012 dulkys,2014 vasiliauskas,2015 lekavicius ? We have try it so many times with different people and it didnt work ! They didnt help our team at all.If you are not on that level and you wont become in 1month training ! So yeah better take Javtokas as a 12th player that is doing influences on the team results just being inside loockeroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                              If something happens to Kalnietis in the tournament,we are just done in Olympics thats all.Without Kalnietis we have no chance winning 1/4 game against most likely better team even with kalnietis in the lineup. Juskevicius,Janavicius,Lekavicius will not help us win 1/4 game,there is good chance they would hurt team more,than help being in that PG spot 1/4 game in Olympics...We have to go all in with best players we have.What is the point with those tourist lkl level PG like 2008 prekevicius,2009 mazutis,2012 dulkys,2014 vasiliauskas,2015 lekavicius ? We have try it so many times with different people and it didnt work ! They didnt help our team at all.If you are not on that level and you wont become in 1month training ! So yeah better take Javtokas as a 12th player that is doing influences on the team results just being inside loockeroom.
                              Javtokas instead of Lekavicius...? How dare you. Prepare yourself to be called an idiot

Comment

Boy, early November and we're already fighting like dogs about slots 8-12 on Team Lietuva. Shouldn't we at least wait until May when we at least know who's available and who's had a good year and played well when the chips were down?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information