Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian NT 2016 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    JV is likeable guy in NT, he has good sense of humour afaik, he is key guy on court, but so far he is not the leader in lockeroom, atleast when situation gets hot. He might be such in the future, but so far Javtokas is the man, followed by Jankunas, Kalnietis. Latter also is more of JV type of leader, when it comes to jokes part, having fun and etc.
    +1. Valanciunas was just listening when javtokas,jankunas,kalnietis was trying to find words for entire team atleast this i saw in riga arena.How 23 old can be vocal leader to 28-32 years players? What can Valanciunas say to Jankunas or Kalnietis that they do not know already playing in playoofs? .Local leaders usually are those older ones and more experienced ,because they were in these fight before many many times and knows what to say in hard and hot moments for younger fellows.Vocal leader is not that one that shines in interviews,vocal leader is that make his presences felt with words in hot moments when house is burning.

Javtokas is this area is so far ahead of everyone,nobody is even close it.Javtokas is the best captain Lithuania National team ever had .He had that ability to united entire team.All players respect him and listens when he talks.Ant we can hear that from many who is inside the lockeroom of our team for manny years.Saying that im not sure we need him in as a player 2016.The truth is javtokas is not same javtokas on the floor.He helped against Georgia when valanciunas strugled ,but thats was all in eurobasket2015.

But if choose between lkl level pg that wont make any difference or javtokas that will make big difference inside the loockeroom.Ofcourse its better take our true captain...But if he can take player level like good form jasaitis instead,than better take Jasaitis. Jankunas and Kalnietis will compensate to some degree javtokas absence in captain role.

Kunigelis said after london 2012 that javtokas was badly missed...Kazlauskas knows better if he gonna write his name in the first list of candidates,he will be in the team.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 11-03-2015 at 05:46 PM.

It's always wiser to keep your mouth shut if you don't know smth, than try to act like a smartass. You failed at it

Do you even understand what you read?
    lo. what an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    I strongly dissagree giving a free ticket to Javtokas, just because he is a a great lockerroom guy. These players are men, not kids, they dont need babysitter. I am sure that other players like Jankunas and Kalnietis already could replace him as emotional leaders.

I would use that spot for a 2nd PG instead. God forbid if something would happen to Kalnietis. Seibutis and Pocius would be our PG's? Ok, I can live with Seibutis, but not Pocius.
    If something happens to Kalnietis in the tournament,we are just done in Olympics thats all.Without Kalnietis we have no chance winning 1/4 game against most likely better team even with kalnietis in the lineup. Juskevicius,Janavicius,Lekavicius will not help us win 1/4 game,there is good chance they would hurt team more,than help being in that PG spot 1/4 game in Olympics...We have to go all in with best players we have.What is the point with those tourist lkl level PG like 2008 prekevicius,2009 mazutis,2012 dulkys,2014 vasiliauskas,2015 lekavicius ? We have try it so many times with different people and it didnt work ! They didnt help our team at all.If you are not on that level and you wont become in 1month training ! So yeah better take Javtokas as a 12th player that is doing influences on the team results just being inside loockeroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    If something happens to Kalnietis in the tournament,we are just done in Olympics thats all.Without Kalnietis we have no chance winning 1/4 game against most likely better team even with kalnietis in the lineup. Juskevicius,Janavicius,Lekavicius will not help us win 1/4 game,there is good chance they would hurt team more,than help being in that PG spot 1/4 game in Olympics...We have to go all in with best players we have.What is the point with those tourist lkl level PG like 2008 prekevicius,2009 mazutis,2012 dulkys,2014 vasiliauskas,2015 lekavicius ? We have try it so many times with different people and it didnt work ! They didnt help our team at all.If you are not on that level and you wont become in 1month training ! So yeah better take Javtokas as a 12th player that is doing influences on the team results just being inside loockeroom.
    Javtokas instead of Lekavicius...? How dare you. Prepare yourself to be called an idiot

Exclamation

Boy, early November and we're already fighting like dogs about slots 8-12 on Team Lietuva. Shouldn't we at least wait until May when we at least know who's available and who's had a good year and played well when the chips were down?

The idea on bringing 1 PG to the Olympics SOUNDS good. Seibutis or even Pocius for a bit can cover Kalnietis..But one problem. Why wasn't this done before then ? Why do our NT coaches keep bringing these so called tourist players then. I think our NT coaches know their stuff better then all of us.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

I completely agree that Kalnietis, Seibutis, Pocius, Milaknis, Jasaitis lineup would be great and we could surely go with that instead of taking nominal PG. But I surely disagree that Lekavičius in 2015 didn't help a bit and stands in the same line with Prekevičius 2008, Mazutis 2009 or even Vasiliauskas 2014. We discussed that already and I won't repeat my self. I doubt Lukas will make NT next summer, but I don't treat him as a failure in 2015.

As for Javtokas prising - I'm not at all against it, but it gets a little bit out of hand here. One thing which Jonas can say to Javtokas or Jankunas, "give me a freakin' ball and I will hit couple of big, clutch shots over Bargnani to bring us to next round". That's something what Javtokas never could say and never will for sure, and again, I'm not being too ironic about the importance of mental leaders, but at the end of the day it's all about the skill, otherwise we would have Doctors of psychology all around the roster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    The idea on bringing 1 PG to the Olympics SOUNDS good. Seibutis or even Pocius for a bit can cover Kalnietis..But one problem. Why wasn't this done before then ? Why do our NT coaches keep bringing these so called tourist players then. I think our NT coaches know their stuff better then all of us.
    Prekevicius was taken just cause Butautas loved him, he coached him in youth NTs, saw him as big prospect, which he never was. Mazutis was also Butautas idea, just like making Jomantas a 2nd PG, both infront of Kalnietis... When Butautas realised his mistake (stupidity) and finally let Kalnietis play we were already screwed. Gustas (2003), Ginevicius (2004) were tourists, but actually both weren't that bad players overall, just other names beside them made them look like some shitty players, who aren't supposed to be there. The way both played back in those days, IMO would be enough to be 2nd PG options now

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    As for Javtokas prising - I'm not at all against it, but it gets a little bit out of hand here. One thing which Jonas can say to Javtokas or Jankunas, "give me a freakin' ball and I will hit couple of big, clutch shots over Bargnani to bring us to next round". That's something what Javtokas never could say and never will for sure, and again, I'm not being too ironic about the importance of mental leaders, but at the end of the day it's all about the skill, otherwise we would have Doctors of psychology all around the roster.
    Well, what you are writing here is exactly little bit out of hands What doctors of psychology? C'mon man, let's not exaggerate, also why are you bringing JV here and some clutch shots? We are talking about some deep bench players, who would play some garbage minutes, but also could be usefull atleast in other way. I can repeat myself again too - none should take some Javtokas only for his leadership qualities in lockeroom if there're better options on-court, but if you have to choose between two bench warmers, you can't forget where we are goin' and about qualities of each player. So I'd take Javtokas anyday instead of some Gailius, or 2nd PG, if previously mentioned backcourt line would be available. That's all.

Prekevicius was taken just cause Butautas loved him, he coached him in youth NTs, saw him as big prospect, which he never was. Mazutis was also Butautas idea, just like making Jomantas a 2nd PG, both infront of Kalnietis... When Butautas realised his mistake (stupidity) and finally let Kalnietis play we were already screwed. Gustas (2003), Ginevicius (2004) were tourists, but actually both weren't that bad players overall, just other names beside them made them look like some shitty players, who aren't supposed to be there. The way both played back in those days, IMO would be enough to be 2nd PG options now

Well, what you are writing here is exactly little bit out of hands What doctors of psychology? C'mon man, let's not exaggerate, also why are you bringing JV here and some clutch shots? We are talking about some deep bench players, who would play some garbage minutes, but also could be usefull atleast in other way. I can repeat myself again too - none should take some Javtokas only for his leadership qualities in lockeroom if there're better options on-court, but if you have to choose between two bench warmers, you can't forget where we are goin' and about qualities of each player. So I'd take Javtokas anyday instead of some Gailius, or 2nd PG, if previously mentioned backcourt line would be available. That's all.
    You choose player that would be 3rd-4th center in the team, and go to Olympics with one PG. GM of the year.

You choose player that would be 3rd-4th center in the team, and go to Olympics with one PG. GM of the year.
    Yeah, no Lekavicius again... F*ck me, I'm an idiot once again

Yeah, no Lekavicius again... F*ck me, I'm an idiot once again
    Lekavicius, because hes on my profile picture or what? I have never said he should go instead of Javtokas, I said PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I completely agree that Kalnietis, Seibutis, Pocius, Milaknis, Jasaitis lineup would be great and we could surely go with that instead of taking nominal PG. But I surely disagree that Lekavičius in 2015 didn't help a bit and stands in the same line with Prekevičius 2008, Mazutis 2009 or even Vasiliauskas 2014. We discussed that already and I won't repeat my self. I doubt Lukas will make NT next summer, but I don't treat him as a failure in 2015.

If player that have less 1 points average and shoots the ball 2 of 16 and shooting is the strongest side of him its not failure i dont know what is failure? shoot 1 from 30? Lekavicius was doing any playmaking? i didnt see that,he didnt create anything for others too.All he done was some defence in 2 games thats all.And as for big hype he was surounded in zalgiris season,in friendly games,yes its failure for me very similiar to Vasiliauskas 2014.

Valanciunas better say that in raptors club,in lithuania national team he got feeded very well,i doubt that any center in eurobasket shot more shots than him (except Gasol).Shauting this nonsenses is african-american nba language,not vocal leader or something...Where he was in the georgians and spain game when he got true nba center in the matchup? He got dominated by both Pachulia and Gasol. Valanciunas will get his points anyway,our national begin to play way better when we stopped playing just inside game,when more players become involved in offensive plan than only pass to Valanciunas as was in group stage.

...Where he was in the georgians and spain game when he got true nba center in the matchup? He got dominated by both Pachulia and Gasol. Valanciunas will get his points anyway,our national begin to play way better when we stopped playing just inside game,when more players become involved in offensive plan than only pass to Valanciunas as was in group stage.
    In the match up against Pachulia he just recovered from a flu and he lost some weight is well. So what do you expect .Valanciunas even came out against the Czechs when he didn't really have to and dominated Vessely being still sick. Pachulia is just way more experienced and physically stronger then Valanciunas..Plus Valanciunas in my opinion was always under pressure since most plays just had to go trough him and were so obvious to the opponents. What about the matchups against Bargnani and Raduljca. Valanciunas outplayed both of them, especially Raduljca. PS, Valanciunas got his revenge against Pachulia in the NBA game Toronto vs Dallas. See the difference . Valanciunas dominated him being fresh
    Last edited by Modis; 11-06-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Lithuania

FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

If player that have less 1 points average and shoots the ball 2 of 16 and shooting is the strongest side of him its not failure i dont know what is failure? shoot 1 from 30? Lekavicius was doing any playmaking? i didnt see that,he didnt create anything for others too.All he done was some defence in 2 games thats all.And as for big hype he was surounded in zalgiris season,in friendly games,yes its failure for me very similiar to Vasiliauskas 2014.

Valanciunas better say that in raptors club,in lithuania national team he got feeded very well,i doubt that any center in eurobasket shot more shots than him (except Gasol).Shauting this nonsenses is african-american nba language,not vocal leader or something...Where he was in the georgians and spain game when he got true nba center in the matchup? He got dominated by both Pachulia and Gasol. Valanciunas will get his points anyway,our national begin to play way better when we stopped playing just inside game,when more players become involved in offensive plan than only pass to Valanciunas as was in group stage.
    I think its not about being fed. Its about scoring 1v1 in clutch time. JV and DMO are our best options in clutch. Even if not shooting, when they roll to the basket after pnr they attract all the defense to them selves, wich creates good opportunity for PG to shoot or pass to the weak side.

Lekavicius, because hes on my profile picture or what? I have never said he should go instead of Javtokas, I said PG.
    So if not Lekavicius, name us that PG then... instead insulting others who atleast wrote some arguments why it could (not must) be Javtokas and why not that 2nd pure PG. Who could be that player who could not just wave towel, who could run offense and not just pass the halfcourt line with the ball, who could contribute to team offense overall + who would not crap his pants, cause all this must be done not in some LKL or even World Cup, but on highest stage - Olympics. Most of us here don't see such player, I'm not the only one. Enlighten us, please

So if not Lekavicius, name us that PG then... instead insulting others who atleast wrote some arguments why it could (not must) be Javtokas and why not that 2nd pure PG. Who could be that player who could not just wave towel, who could run offense and not just pass the halfcourt line with the ball, who could contribute to team offense overall + who would not crap his pants, cause all this must be done not in some LKL or even World Cup, but on highest stage - Olympics. Most of us here don't see such player, I'm not the only one. Enlighten us, please
    Why are you refering to yourself as in we/us. Its just you here making statements that Javtokas with his powers saved us this summer.
    As of names, Im not mentioning any. Im saying we need 2nd PG not 3rd C. Maybe in June we can start to speculate about names.
    About insults, I can insult whoever I want on this board it seems. I learned that first thing when I registered from you.

About insults, I can insult whoever I want on this board it seems. I learned that first thing when I registered from you.
    Really? If I'm an idiot, so you're learning from idiots too? What we should expect from you next then? To hit some bus station or smth else with BMW like it's trending now in LT? Quite a cheap excuse you put it here... facepalm.gif I never called anyone an idiot on this board, it's quite low thing to do in my book, even if someone desrves it or even it's just internet forum and discussions might get hot at times, and it's not me who wrote that this time, it's you. Face it. And if you have smth else to say to me personally as it look like you took it personal, better use PM next time

Why are you refering to yourself as in we/us. Its just you here making statements that Javtokas with his powers saved us this summer.
    Did I? All I wrote was "who (Javtokas) helped our team big time, managed to get the team together". Saved us this summer... powers... or maybe just your exagerrations?

As of names, Im not mentioning any. Im saying we need 2nd PG not 3rd C. Maybe in June we can start to speculate about names.
    Yeah, let's say, you need to go with gf to fancy restaurant, not to some cheap pub, but you have money only for the latter, thats how it sounds "we need 2nd PG not 3rd C". Sure we need, none would care about some other possibilities if we would have one, but we don't. Now. And we are discussing about it now. But if you're calling someone an idiot just for having an idea not bringing 2nd pure PG to Olympics, you must have some good arguments against it, to not look like such by yourself. That's all.

This is surely not a place for "you're an idiot" kinda language. If you have sharp tongue you can find other ways to show it. In my opinion Svajunas post has to be deleted with warning. The discussion ends where insults not arguments take place and we here to discuss and share information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Really? If I'm an idiot, so you're learning from idiots too? What we should expect from you next then? To hit some bus station or smth else with BMW like it's trending now in LT? Quite a cheap excuse you put it here... facepalm.gif I never called anyone an idiot on this board, it's quite low thing to do in my book, even if someone desrves it or even it's just internet forum and discussions might get hot at times, and it's not me who wrote that this time, it's you. Face it. And if you have smth else to say to me personally as it look like you took it personal, better use PM next time

Did I? All I wrote was "who (Javtokas) helped our team big time, managed to get the team together". Saved us this summer... powers... or maybe just your exagerrations?

Yeah, let's say, you need to go with gf to fancy restaurant, not to some cheap pub, but you have money only for the latter, thats how it sounds "we need 2nd PG not 3rd C". Sure we need, none would care about some other possibilities if we would have one, but we don't. Now. And we are discussing about it now. But if you're calling someone an idiot just for having an idea not bringing 2nd pure PG to Olympics, you must have some good arguments against it, to not look like such by yourself. That's all.
    Javtokas managed to get the team together. You say it like everyone were already packed to go home and Javtokas, was the one who convinced everyone to stay. I know he is important to NT, but I would feel much more confident having Juskevicius, Vasiliauskas or Lekavicius going instead of him.

What this BMW trending thing have to do with me? Bringing such things up is just stupid. I called you idiot in the heat of the moment, because of how I see you as commenter not because of the Javtokas thing. Im sorry if I made such impression of you, but you certainly are not helping your cause.

So far Those of our main NT players are showing signs of Decline. Pocius is totally unrecognizable barely an average player right now.For Kalnietis the injury took a lot out of him. And probably for another good 4 years we will not see anyone who could replace Kalnietis no matter how bad he plays. Kleiza doesn't seem like he will be back anytime soon and even if he does I doubt that he would be ready for the NT camp and then Olympics. Seibutis looks exhausted from the Eurobasket the way he plays now I have a feeling he will decide not to play in the Olympics and take time of then we are definitely fucked. Who thinks its time to jump of these veterans backs and let the younger generation like Giedraitis Gudaitis D.Sabonis Ulanovas Grigonis take on more responsibility. Giedraitis is already 23 when will he get his chance ? I would definitely like to see some younger blood in the Olympics. We need to start thinking about those things anyways because all of these guys are in their 30s anyways. Some even think Javtokas should go to the Olympics which is crazy..
    Lithuania

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast