2019 World Cup Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 World Cup Qualification

The new system of qualification is really great!! aPSJ_s9d4USh1yXbESyslQ.jpg
    Each team plays one home + one away game.
    Subscribe to our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/FIBAworld?sub_confirmation=1), visit the official FIBA website (http://www.fiba.com) and follow...

So what should the federation do?
    1-adjust the schedule of the league with the schedule of 2019 World cup qualification campaign.
    2-a clear strategy and a good preparation: Lebanon NT must be ready for the first games of the campaign in November 2017.
    3-naturalize a player who can be available during all the windows.

I think this method sucks, but it favors us

Say Someone has NBA players for them, what would happen? Considering we never produce NBA players, it will suck for China ( zhou qi if ends nba), iran ( kazemi in nba)...

On Paper
    Australia, New Zealand, China, Iran, Philippines, Japan,South Korea , Lebanon qualify to world cup. Our qualification is easy.

Comment

after those 8 teams i named..there is a gap.

jordan/india/kazkhstan/taipei/qatar/palestine ...

I am thinking also hosting might be trouble for us, considering from time to time as a country we are in war and chaos...

Comment

True!!!

I agre also with this post of a Lebanese fan on west asia basketball group on fb:
        "With the new system of qualification for FIBA WC, it changes a lot and if we act fast and do some adjustment, lot of things can be in our favor:
        1- Teams must be ready all year and there is no big time for preparation.
        2- You need to have the majority of your players playing in the local league so they can be available easily. Surely no NBA team will free his player.
        3- Playing home and away games, other team’s needs to adapt to our environment, not always we need to do so as it is now.
        The tricky part is the naturalized player, you need to have him in our league, and will be not bad to have several ones, since you can chose different one for each game.
        The format of the league can help a lot in this situation; I will go with 2 foreigners (1 on court and 1 on the bench) + a naturalized player that accepts to play with the NT with normal conditions. Lot of small adjustment also can be done to improve but I think it is the most important one."

Comment

i still dont clearly understand this new format. so now their will be a world cup qualification tournament that is different from the asian tournament itself? which mean the NT will be playing in the world cup qualifier while at the same time participating in the asian championship?. the asian championship will than only give you medals and points in fiba ranking ? can anyone clarify all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese NT View Post
            i still dont clearly understand this new format. so now their will be a world cup qualification tournament that is different from the asian tournament itself? which mean the NT will be playing in the world cup qualifier while at the same time participating in the asian championship?. the asian championship will than only give you medals and points in fiba ranking ? can anyone clarify all of this?
            Yep! Like in football

Comment

Hopefully we can host the next asian championship in 2017, though it doesnt qualify to the world cup, its an honor to have a asian championship. But this might mean some teams dont send their best teams to the tournament.

The home/away system is a great idea, for the teams that never host tournaments. Always China, China and then some more China. 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2015 since the start of the decade. 5 of the last 8.

Comment

Originally posted by sexylebanese69 View Post
                Hopefully we can host the next asian championship in 2017, though it doesnt qualify to the world cup, its an honor to have a asian championship. But this might mean some teams dont send their best teams to the tournament.

The home/away system is a great idea, for the teams that never host tournaments. Always China, China and then some more China. 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2015 since the start of the decade. 5 of the last 8.

Yeh, but its pretty hard to host in our region..considering all the chaos.
                We were supposed to host 2011? and we gave up to China... we had the hosting rights.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                  Yeh, but its pretty hard to host in our region..considering all the chaos.
                  We were supposed to host 2011? and we gave up to China... we had the hosting rights.
                  Better to use wisely the money. It's an honor to host it but it won't give ticket to the wofl cup or the olympic games.
                  So it's better to use the money for the naturalized player(s).

France coach is also a coach of a Pro A Team. i think it's the better solution for Lebanon : coacb & naturalized player(s) who know the league and the lebanese mentality

Comment

To be fair, my choice of coach would be the current Riyadi Coach. Subotic. I would naturalize the riyadi center ( whoever they have), because 5 - 7 key players of our NT is on al riyadi team ( jean abdel nour, ali mahmoud, wael arakji, ahmad ibrahim, fadi el khaxtib, ali haidar, amir souad..)

its like Spain 2010 relying on Barcelona, Germany 2014 relying on Bayern Munchen..and italy 2006 relying on Juventus/Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                      To be fair, my choice of coach would be the current Riyadi Coach. Subotic. I would naturalize the riyadi center ( whoever they have), because 5 - 7 key players of our NT is on al riyadi team ( jean abdel nour, ali mahmoud, wael arakji, ahmad ibrahim, fadi el khaxtib, ali haidar, amir souad..)

its like Spain 2010 relying on Barcelona, Germany 2014 relying on Bayern Munchen..and italy 2006 relying on Juventus/Milan.
                      And us relying on MVP teams? Too bad our best C's are in the other PBA teams. T_T
                      Originally posted by gideon
                      Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                        And us relying on MVP teams? Too bad our best C's are in the other PBA teams. T_T
                        IN MVP case I get its corruption, but in our case its not corruption.. because the best players truly play on al riyadi.
                        There is only julian Khazzoh that can make a case ..

Comment

Lebanon down 9 places! Staying 6th in Asia.
                          So with the addition of Australia and New Zealand: Lebanon will be ranked 8th in fiba asia-oceania
                          Lebanon will be surzly in the pot 2 of the world cup qualification's draw

Comment

If the world cup qualification draw will be based on the current fiba ranking, we will have on:
                            Pot1: Australia, New Zealand, China, Iran
                            Pot2: Philippines, Jordan, South Korea, Lebanon
                            Pot3: Taipei, Japan, Qatar, India
                            Pot4: kazakhstan , hong kong, uae, malaysia

A draw based on fiba ranking is better than a free draw like fiba did in the 2 last fiba asian champ' but it also has a disadvantage for new teams like Palestine.
                            Maybe it will be fair to choose the best 14th asian teams of the two last fiba asian champ (2015 & 2017) before the draw or the best 14th of the 2015 fiba asian champ'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamartine View Post
                              If the world cup qualification draw will be based on the current fiba ranking, we will have on:
                              Pot1: Australia, New Zealand, China, Iran
                              Pot2: Philippines, Jordan, South Korea, Lebanon
                              Pot3: Taipei, Japan, Qatar, India
                              Pot4: kazakhstan , hong kong, uae, malaysia

A draw based on fiba ranking is better than a free draw like fiba did in the 2 last fiba asian champ' but it also has a disadvantage for new teams like Palestine.
                              Maybe it will be fair to choose the best 14th asian teams of the two last fiba asian champ (2015 & 2017) before the draw or the best 14th of the 2015 fiba asian champ'.
                              In that case, if you place the Oceania teams first, then the top 14 teams in 2015 FIBA Asia Champs, we have:

Pot 1: Australia, New Zealand, China, Philippines
                              Pot 2: Iran, Japan, South Korea, Lebanon
                              Pot 3: Qatar, India, Jordan, Palestine
                              Pot 4: Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei, Kuwait

A sample group draw would look like this:

Group A - Australia, Lebanon, Qatar, Kuwait
                              Group B - Philippines, Iran, Palestine, Kazakhstan
                              Group C - China, Japan, Jordan, Hong Kong
                              Group D - New Zealand, South Korea, India, Chinese Taipei
                              Originally posted by gideon
                              Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information