This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apiSigbinz View Post
    Blatche can't play as local in the PBA because the charter of PBA was made many years ago. They cannot just change it with a blink of an eye. If they change it, there must be a good reason and it must be for the benefit of all team clubs. I know the reason why, its economics and it has nothing to do with racism believe me.

All you've said has nothing to do with globalization, racism and the likes. It is all economics.

Blache is not the only Filipino working for other teams in Asia. Many coaches and even some players are with other team in south east asia. But they don't get extensve coverage with our media. Beacause few would care.

If you want to disallow naturalization, you should complain to FIBA. They seems to favor you most of the time anyway. Might as well add other rules like only China can hold FIBA games every other edition. And all officials should favor your team. That way, you can guarantee that you will always win the championship! Lol!!!
    Woah, calm down. You do NOT want them to go BEAST MODE on us later, right?
    Originally posted by gideon
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by the_arkangel View Post
      Too bad for US that they did that for Ewing, Duncan, and Olajuwon.
      Not even remotely similar.

Hiring a naturalized player who's never even played in the country is (unfortunately) common in international basketball nowadays though, so I can't single out the Philippines in that regard. It would be nice to see them get back to the Olympics.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

if you have a problem with naturalization, take it to FIBA, they're the ones deciding on it.

even with andray, china is the heavy favorite in this game. we have andray who is 6'10" after that we have taulava who is 6'8" and 42 years old, thoss who is 6'7" then a couple of 6'4" in the frontline, whereas china has four 7 footers not to mention the forwards and wingmen who are also tall.

may the better team win.

Comment

Originally posted by budz17 View Post
          if you have a problem with naturalization, take it to FIBA, they're the ones deciding on it.

even with andray, china is the heavy favorite in this game. we have andray who is 6'10" after that we have taulava who is 6'8" and 42 years old, thoss who is 6'7" then a couple of 6'4" in the frontline, whereas china has four 7 footers not to mention the forwards and wingmen who are also tall.

may the better team win.
          Plus it seems FIBA is favoring them lately anyways. Asia is where the money is, indeed.
          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shy View Post
            It is also difficult for them to access a ticket. Scalpers made tons of cash out of this. For one ticket of 100 dollar now you have to pay more than 400 (some times bidding with other buyers!) Is that also common in your country? We definitely need a way to stop them...
            I think this is happens a lot in many countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shy View Post
              My friend, you are right about the globalization, but Andray... Mmm, I don't know if he is a real immigrant. Did he tried to adapt himself to the local culture and to be a proud Filippino? Maybe I am parochialism person on this or maybe I jut don't know the whole story of this. But I have to say if you team keep doing this it may hurt the young local players and people getting more depending on player like Andray. Maybe I am wrong, but I definitely want to see Asia doing better in this beautiful game. Apologize for my language, English is not my mother tongue, I hope you can understand my words. Any way, leave the battlefield to the ballers.
              It's better than depending on players or resources that are "unavailable". For what it's worth, Andray has made real effort to embrace his new heritage. There's a lot things that need to be fixed in Philippine basketball. For now, I'm just enjoying that we're able to field competitive teams.

Any of you guys watching the final onsite?

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                Woah, calm down. You do NOT want them to go BEAST MODE on us later, right?
                its all good, im calm.. they can do beast mode all they want, they won't be able to duplicate our The Beast!!
                Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Game played in the court not in an online fora
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    Game played in the court not in an online fora
                    Correct. #BeastModeGilas #LabanPilipinas

Comment

Good Luck Team Pilipinas
                      You can do it today

Comment

Originally posted by OSHAFA View Post
                        Good Luck Team Pilipinas
                        You can do it today
                        Thanks for your encouraging words Oshafa
                        A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That's how I want you to play.
                        - Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                          Not only in our country, sir. Practically any sporting event in the world has the scalping problems.

As for the naturalized player issue, well, everyone's doing it, even the powerhouse teams are doing it.

Team USA had Rolando Blackman of Panama and Hakeem Olajuwon of Nigeria before. Spain has Serge Ibaka of Congo and Nikola Mirotic of Montenegro. There are a lot of black guys in the French and Canadian teams, Croatia have naturalized PG's, Germany has Gabonese-German Dennis Schroder, the list goes on.

Basically, basketball NTs naturalize players to meet needs.

Obviously, most Asian teams lack size, so they naturalize bigmen. I don't know exactly why some Asian teams, like Korea and the Middle East teams get a naturalized SF instead of the usual C's, but I understand why teams like Kazakhstan and Qatar naturalize PG's.

Speaking of naturalized PG's, some EU teams need someone who can bring up the ball and distribute it better, though Spain takes the naturalized bigman route. Although it's getting rarer now, naturalized PG's have their niches to fill in the years to come.

It's amazing how China kept refusing to naturalize PG's to offset their traditional weakness of guard play, mostly out of national pride, and now with Guo Ailun and Zhao Jiwei they no longer even need to naturalize players anymore.
                          The us team's got MJ, Barkley, Magic etc. Spain's got the gasol brothers and plenty of decent guard, france's got Toni Parker, Batum and Noah, none of these teams rely on their naturalized players to win games
                          speaking of the Filipino team, without Blatche, they wouldnt even make it into the quarter finals

Comment

Why is naturalization suddenly being viewed as giving Gilas an unfair advantage? This is allowed by FIBA and this isn't the first time teams have fielded naturalized players.

Comment

Originally posted by ctongco View Post
                              Why is naturalization suddenly being viewed as giving Gilas an unfair advantage? This is allowed by FIBA and this isn't the first time teams have fielded naturalized players.
                              it depends on how you used the naturalization. imagine philippines is very weak in past decades when they were without naturalized player, now you insert a naturalized player who is above asia level, suddenly become gold contender.

Comment

Originally posted by the_arkangel View Post
                                Too bad for US that they did that for Ewing, Duncan, and Olajuwon. Add to that that it should be the Native Americans (Indians) who should be playing for the US and not by European immigrants and African slaves ancestry. Too bad also for Canada whose citizens shared similarity with the US. Yes, it should be the Native Americans who should be playing for US and Canada. That is a "pure" national team.
                                The US team doesnt need Ewing, Ducan or Olajuwon to help them win games, they got plenty of other guys who can get it done
                                Also, according to your theory, only pure Filipino guy should play in the Filipino National team, not those Spanish Filipinos.
                                Probably you guys would have 6'5'' guys playing center.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information