• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, China!

Comment

well china prepared all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
        Homecourt advantage always gives at least 10 - 15 point plus. China won by 13, if the game was played outside of china..I think Iran would have won.

My problem with china is that they keep hosting the asian cup over and over, and it gives them huge advantage to have 6th player in fans..
        Yeah.If the game was played outside of China,I think Lebanon will win the title.By the way,This game's referees are from Lebanon and India.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
          Congrats to China on the well deserved win! They fought hard and were relentless for the whole game!
          Thank you man.But I also feel Gilas will win the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            Iran missed Afagh today.. even though he wouldn't have won it for Iran he is a great shooter and his presence would have helped his team
            FYI, he is shooting 33% on the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              They are not, atleast not even close to the best, but nonetheless IMO it should be enough to win in Asia this year.

Iran missed so many shots they must have made it, especially long range ones, while China had some luck with even tough ones. Anyways, since very beginning of the game it felt like China is one step closer to the win.

P.S. and yes, Bauermann sucks
              Even if they are not right now, they will be in a few years time. Lots of the players in the China team are young. Zhou Qi is only 19. I am of course not comparing to top level teams like Spain, France or Greece. But I think they can be comparable to say Croatia right now. No? Gilas, the 2013 Asia silver medalist was able to go toe to toe with Croatia While this China team was leading throughout the whole game vs Iran.

Fyi, China was already shooting poorly vs Iran. The previous matches they were shooting like more than 50% from behind the arc.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                well, this one wasn't sadder than that notorious Jordan games , at least this time they lost to a better team. still it feels like the end of the world

our younger players did nothing today as they are not experienced enough to play in crucial games. the way Jamshidi missed that super easy lay-up shows everything. and our 3s didn't fall at all. only one from Davarpanah and one from Yakhchali in garbage minutes. Afagh's injury really hurt the team.

I adore these group of players, they did everything for Iranian basketball, gave up so many titles but it seems at least for some of them it's time to move on. Haddadi and Samad still can play few more years with the team though.

and I have to thanks the sport ministry for leaving the basketball federation without a president for 6-7 months. if they had a plan to destroy basketball in Iran, that worked quite well.

btw. I hope they take Olympic qualification next year serious, no chance for Rio but still a good chance for youngsters to play against top tier teams.
                Tough luck Mohsen jahn... I hope Iran will rise from this and build a strong NT for the future... Cuz I know Haddadi and some other players might no longer play with the Iranian NT any more...

By the way I can't believe that your federation could have got Mike Fratello and instead went for Bauermann... and for the same amount of money...

Comment

Congrats to China! It wasn't our day and they were simply the better team today. China has good players in all positions, towering post players, quick & tall wing players and they shot super well...
                  You can't expect to win them with 2 assists and 1/15 (6.6%!) 3pts (leaving out Yakhchali's end of the game 3)

The golden generation players still have it in them to play for a few more years if they want. Hopefully we can host the next edition and turn things around.

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                    Yeah.If the game was played outside of China,I think Lebanon will win the title.By the way,This game's referees are from Lebanon and India.

I didn't talk about referees. But having fans cheering you in your own stadium, booeing the other team... gives you advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                      Even if they are not right now, they will be in a few years time. Lots of the players in the China team are young. Zhou Qi is only 19. I am of course not comparing to top level teams like Spain, France or Greece. But I think they can be comparable to say Croatia right now. No? Gilas, the 2013 Asia silver medalist was able to go toe to toe with Croatia While this China team was leading throughout the whole game vs Iran.
                      "Will be" is a strong words to say, if you would know what kind of shoes China would need to fill to be on par with teams like Croatia, which even failed in recent Eurobasket, talent-wise is among top teams in Europe. And basketball is not math, here if A=B and A>C, it doesn't mean that B>C too.

Comment

• The Iranian team has been older and less physically competitive compared to us China.

I think Iranian team should bring more young players. Mashayekhi and Yakchali should learn more in the Olympic qualification next year. But indeed, they should improve their shooting and lay-up skills under defence. And Iran need to train the younger and taller PFs (203cm-208cm) such as Zangeneh, Foroutan and Yousofvand . Iran shouldn't always rely on Haddadi, he need to have a younger back-up. I have knowan Mirzaei and Torabi are promising big guys with 210cm+ height.

Come on! Wish Iran will still be our respected rivals in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Haddadi can't dominate CBA, in any basketball logic. 3 good players (Yi, Zhou Qi and Zhelin) are better than one. Tou cant win if you always dump the ball to him given how slow he receives the ball..
                          To be fair to Haddadi, he was quite dominant in the CBA last season, and took an otherwise terrible Qingdao team that never made the playoffs to a top-4 finish. (And then he got injured during the semifinal.) Even if you consider all the American bigs in the league he was still a top-3 center last season, averaging 24/13. At least a lot more dominant than Blatche. Haddadi's edge is that he's so big, that a guy the size of Yi or a 6'10'' black American cannot possibly defend him in the low post. But Haddadi always had problems with Zhou Qi's long arms.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

• is there anywehre to rewatch this game? FIBA's youtube channel only has the highlights

Comment

• This is a Chinese local website, don't know if it works for you.

You need to search "男篮亚锦赛2015", then in the result try to find the video which title include the words like 中国vs伊朗

Comment

• Youtube search.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information