This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
    Byblos coach just resigned, and Byblos got rid of Steve Burtt. Not sure if Byblos coach now goes back on his resignation, with burtt gone.
    What an overrated player, Steve Burtt ...did absolutely nothing.
    I saw him in Ukraine and in Spartak SPB, he's not bball player, he's streetboller without brain.
    https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
      I saw him in Ukraine and in Spartak SPB, he's not bball player, he's streetboller without brain.

It appears byblos keeping the coach nenad vucinic and refusing his resignation, plus not getting rid of burtt.

I would say, he is very selfish and never passes. Plus keep jacking one 3 after the other, and none of them goes in.He has games like shooting 15 3 pointers and scores only 2.

They were hyping him to be next Terrell Stoglin, but he is far away from being half good as Stoglin.

Comment

Yesterday Byblos beats Tadamon in overtime 83 - 81 , with Jay Youngblood injured they brought in Jordanian player Zaid Abbas to fill the role for 2 weeks. He did solid work with 14 points, 13 rebounds.
        Steve Butt scored 34 points, but one assist and yet again was very selfish.He kept shooting, shooting and shooting.. missed shot after shot. Watching Byblos offence was just Burtt playing all by himself, and others watching.

Checking the stat sheet. Burtt shot 11 - 34 .... 23 missed shots. ( 3 - 17 from 3 point line).
        Tadamon deserved the win more.

Comment

Sagesse signed contract with Ratko Varda, most probably to replace Jarrid Famous.

Comment

Tomorrow Derby Lebanon. Sagesse @ Riyadi
            Due to some late political events, this game might be tense. Hopefully no problem, and everything goes clean.

Estimated budget of each team
            Riyadi 2 Million Dollar
            Byblos 1 Million
            Sagesse 1 Million
            Champville 800 Thousand Dollar
            Mouttahed 600 - 700 Thousand Dollar
            Tadamon 600 Thousand Dollar
            Homenetmen 600 Thousand Dollar
            Hoops 300 - 400 Thousand Dollar
            Louaize 300 Thousand Dollar , could be less as well.

Estimated Total: 7 - 8 Million Dollar.

Comment

Ukrainian bigmen Alexei Pecerov will continue his career in Sagesse
              This website is for sale! basket-planet.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, basket-planet.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Very interesting move... I want to see your derby, give me link please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                Ukrainian bigmen Alexei Pecerov will continue his career in Sagesse
                This website is for sale! basket-planet.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, basket-planet.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Very interesting move... I want to see your derby, give me link please!

Game started, think you can watch here

LBCI Lebanon - تقدم خدمة البث المباشر لمشاهدة برامجها

Comment

It is one of the weaker derbies of all time, Due to Sagesse massive financial trouble. They are committed in contracts worth up 1.4 m , and are not paying .. massive debts.
                  varda , and this ukranian guy pecherov..might be 2 of worst foreigners in the league. or i might be wrong. but they are definetly cheap options.

Comment

eshmawi
                    Thx, im not a fan of Pecherov, but i know him. He's near Ukrainian NT level, solid player, bigman with good 3pointer, He played in VTB league for Kalev amd Krasnye Krylia(Red Wings) Samara, in both teams he was one of the leaders.

Started to watch the broadcast only the second half, great atmosphere at the game!

Comment

Sagesse were without Hayk Gyokhtchyan and Rodrigue akl. Two near lebanese NT level players. And their foreigner pecherov just came in without a training.
                      Riyadi were without their center chris daniels.

So the 100th derby game ends for riyadi. They could have won by 50 if they wanted to.Sagesse were that bad.

Comment

Rumour flying Terrell Stoglin signing with Sagesse soon. Not sure how much into it, but he is greatest foreigner to step into lebanese basketball league ever

Terrell Stoglin (Basketball Player), Basketball (Interest)

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                          Rumour flying Terrell Stoglin signing with Sagesse soon. Not sure how much into it, but he is greatest foreigner to step into lebanese basketball league ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bJbL8HU8o
                          Would you consider him a potentially better foreign player for Lebanon NT than Jay Youngblood in case you're stuck again with a perimeter player?
                          Originally posted by gideon
                          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                            Would you consider him a potentially better foreign player for Lebanon NT than Jay Youngblood in case you're stuck again with a perimeter player?

Yes & NO.

I think Terrell Stoglin is best foreigner to ever come to lebanese basketball, that includes Hassan Whiteside. But Terrell Stoglin problems go beyond basketball, and he could turn into a cancer and hurt the team badly. He has problems offcourt with drugs, he misses trainings, he is very problematic kid.

If those problems did not exist, Stoglin would be playing in the NBA not in lebanese basketball. Also his style of game which is too some extent selfish , and doesnt make his teammates better.

Comment

More and More from Homenetmen, the most exciting team in the league ..
                              Their players keep flying and dunking all the time.

Comment

Champville dead last in standings, and Ghassan Sarkis posted this on his facebook

I took Champville in 2005, the club was facing huge problems, I fought to save the Club with all my might, I got them the sponsor Lebanese Canadian Bank, everything started from there, with a group of teenagers, since then I was finding sponsor after sponsor to keep the ‪#‎BlueNation‬ dream alive.. During the last 10 years we were the only team to win the ‪#‎Championship‬ besides Riady & Sagesse, we won the Cup, 2 Super Cups, 1 WABA, 1 international tournament in SHARKS & we were in 8 F4s, 2 times vice Champions behind Riady...
                                We faced a lot of gloomy days, very delicate situations, very days, we survived each & every storm with determination & more hard work & efforts..
                                Last summer EVERYBODY expected #BlueNation to fall & collapse.. The fatal destiny was very close from becoming a reality, we fought against all odds to keep the #BlueNation dream alive...
                                Our 1st target was to STAY alive, we made tremendous efforts to keep WALKING... The 2 Ibrahims, Kanaan & Mnassa played pivotal roles until we finally took Champville Club to safety...
                                Things have been very difficult for me & the ‪#‎Wolves‬ so far.. I usually start working with the team early July, this season we were not allowed to practice as a team until November, we didn't even know if we can have a team, we started with a small plan, I personally agreed to sacrificed my salary if the necessary budget wasnt found to save the team...
                                We lost key players from the squad that did very well last season, most importantly Nadia Hawi, Nadia Soueid, Chamo, Karam & Conan but we still managed to survive this storm as well..
                                We struggled to find the right combination of import players because the budget didn't allow us to do it at the beginning of the season , this is one reason why we are trying new imports..
                                Now the team is passing by a very difficult moment, the support of the ‪#‎BlueSoldiers‬ ‪#‎BlueFans‬ is very much needed, it's not the right time to blame & point fingers.. I urge the ‪#‎Champville‬ fans to stay behind the #Wolves...
                                Blame me not the #Wolves, I have enough courage to accept all the positive & negative criticisms, I will face the haters like I have been doing all my career.. To me every practice, every game, every result & every season is a lesson for me, I learn from everybody even from my haters...
                                I promise to keep fighting with the #Wolves, the #BlueSoldiers, the technical committee to turn things upside down, it won't be the 1st time it won't be the last time, success NEVER comes without failures & setbacks.. I was NEVER scared to face the moments of truth in my life & I never hesitated to stand back on my feet after EVERY FALL..
                                Every title I won during my coaching years came after serious setbacks, painful falls & stabs in my back...
                                I promise the fans to leave the Club if the #Wolves don't reverse the course of events in the coming weeks..
                                Finally I want to address the #Wolves: " Nothing will come easy to u, u have to get it with ur teeth, tough moments are only for the brave hearts... I believe in u, in ur strength & in ur courage.. My young WOLVES I believe in u more than anytime before, I brought u to #BlueNation based on a ‪#‎Strategic‬ vision, to build a team for the near future although sone short minded people don't believe in u I just want to tell each one of u that I am HONORED to coach the u Assi brothers, Marc, Ghantous, Khoueiry & Mickel...
                                Champville will NEVER WALK ALONE...
                                I took Champville in 2005, the club was facing huge problems, I fought to save the Club with all my might, I got them the sponsor Lebanese Canadian Bank, everything started from there, with a group...

I hate this guy, cause he thinks himself he should be coaching the nt.. only him and no one else. but i am feeling somewhat sorry how he is being embarassed this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information