Serbian NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
    Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.
    Sorry for being late to reply your question. I see that CoachZ already did it for me.
    I think he is good enough to be a solid NBA player, but he is definitely going to be selected somewhere mid to late second round because he missed almost entire season and he is a bit under the radar and that's not a bad thing at all. He could be steal of the draft just like Jokić was in 2014, when he was also under the radar prospect. They have similar path and it wouldn't shock me if Nuggets GM Connelly, who has excellent connections and a knack for european players, goes after him. He needs a good offseason and a full, healthy season to finally break out. I have a feeling that he could be a superstar in European basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
      Sorry for being late to reply your question. I see that CoachZ already did it for me.
      I think he is good enough to be a solid NBA player, but he is definitely going to be selected somewhere mid to late second round because he missed almost entire season and he is a bit under the radar and that's not a bad thing at all. He could be steal of the draft just like Jokić was in 2014, when he was also under the radar prospect. They have similar path and it wouldn't shock me if Nuggets GM Connelly, who has excellent connections and a knack for european players, goes after him. He needs a good offseason and a full, healthy season to finally break out. I have a feeling that he could be a superstar in European basketball.
      With Luwawu getting scouted so much teams of course will also see a lot of him so that could help him getted drafted earlier than the end of second round. However, money wise does not matter where you are drafted in the second round. I see he had great game in 1st Serbian game (though looks like the opponent was pretty weak).

I actually was very mad when the Jazz did not select Jokic. I knew he was going to be a good player. Teams were to worried about him not being a great athlete.
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Djordjevic announced preliminary list of 24 players.

Milos Teodosic, Stefan Jovic, Stefan Markovic, Vasilije Micic, Ognjen Jaramaz
        Bogdan Bogdanovic, Nemanja Nedovic, Marko Guduric, Dragan Milosavljevic
        Nikola Kalinic, Vladimir Lucic, Nemanja Dangubic, Rade Zagorac, Marko Simonovic, Marko Keselj
        Nemanja Bjelica, Nikola Jokic, Milan Macvan, Stefan Bircevic
        Boban Marjanovic, Miroslav Raduljica, Ognjen Kuzmic, Vladimir Stimac, Nikola Milutinov

Comment

16 players will begin preparations for both Belgrade tournament and Olympics if we qualify.
          Interesting to see Mačvan. Đorđević wouldn't put him on the list just to fulfill this preliminary roster. He may have serious intentions with him, unlike past years.
          Good to see Lučić, there might be a chance for him too, which I would really like to happen.

Kešelj, Birčević, Micić, Štimac, Jaramaz highly unlikely to make the cut, the rest will fight for the spot.

Comment

I'd take Stimac over Kuzmic or Milutinov.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
              I'd take Stimac over Kuzmic or Milutinov.
              He has no chance to contribute on offense in Marjanovic, Raduljica rotation and he is a hole in defense, so he doesn't add another dimension as a third center. So Kuzmic will probably make it, as a defender, rim protector. To be honest, one of the biggest injustices is that Musli was not called up after his season in ACB, I would rather have him as a 3rd C.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                Djordjevic announced preliminary list of 24 players.

Milos Teodosic, Stefan Jovic, Stefan Markovic, Vasilije Micic, Ognjen Jaramaz
                Bogdan Bogdanovic, Nemanja Nedovic, Marko Guduric, Dragan Milosavljevic
                Nikola Kalinic, Vladimir Lucic, Nemanja Dangubic, Rade Zagorac, Marko Simonovic, Marko Keselj
                Nemanja Bjelica, Nikola Jokic, Milan Macvan, Stefan Bircevic
                Boban Marjanovic, Miroslav Raduljica, Ognjen Kuzmic, Vladimir Stimac, Nikola Milutinov
                Why no Micov?

Comment

Originally posted by saritasbora View Post
                  Why no Micov?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                    He has no chance to contribute on offense in Marjanovic, Raduljica rotation and he is a hole in defense, so he doesn't add another dimension as a third center. So Kuzmic will probably make it, as a defender, rim protector. To be honest, one of the biggest injustices is that Musli was not called up after his season in ACB, I would rather have him as a 3rd C.
                    Seems like to many centers. Of course Jokic played mostly center with Denver. I know he was injured for most of the year, but seems like Mitrovic would be better on the prelim roster than Stimac. Also start to prepare more for future teams.
                    Last edited by ncjazz; 05-19-2016, 08:12 PM.
                    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by saritasbora View Post
                      Why no Micov?
                      Because he is a moron who acted like and idiot during the last NT gathering before EB 2015 and managed to get kicked off the team. He will not play for Serbia as long as Djordjevic is NT Coach.

Comment

As it seems right now, Marjanović is doubtful for NT. Đorđević stated that only 16 players who begin preparations for OQT in Belgrade will also begin preparations for Olympics if we get there. That means Marjanović won't be among those players if he skips Belgrade tournament. Đorđević also said that all players have clear situations in their clubs and even Greg Popovich said that it is in Spurs' best interest to have as many players as possible in Rio. Marjanović can start contract negotiations since July 1 and we'll see if he is willing to take a risk of injury which could prevent him from getting probably the biggest deal of his career and play for NT. It's strictly up to him this time.

I'm totally fine with this principle. It's fair and square. Đorđević wants to create a strong bond between him and players by showing that those who are willing to make the biggest sacrifice will be favourites to make the Olympic team.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                          As it seems right now, Marjanović is doubtful for NT. Đorđević stated that only 16 players who begin preparations for OQT in Belgrade will also begin preparations for Olympics if we get there. That means Marjanović won't be among those players if he skips Belgrade tournament. Đorđević also said that all players have clear situations in their clubs and even Greg Popovich said that it is in Spurs' best interest to have as many players as possible in Rio. Marjanović can start contract negotiations since July 1 and we'll see if he is willing to take a risk of injury which could prevent him from getting probably the biggest deal of his career and play for NT. It's strictly up to him this time.

I'm totally fine with this principle. It's fair and square. Đorđević wants to create a strong bond between him and players by showing that those who are willing to make the biggest sacrifice will be favourites to make the Olympic team.
                          I agree on the principle, and if Bobi snubs the NT second year in a row, I would not call him up ever again. Even if he somehow becomes a huge monster, the priorities are not there and we have to build without him and not hope every fucking summer whether he will show up or not. Some people won't agree but I am 100% sure this has a lot to do with Djordjevic not even calling him up in WC 2014, while Stimac and Katic made that roster. Yes, Djordjevic probably fucked that up but I still don't think he should hold a grudge. If he doesn't show up, I would write him off and go on and build with younger players.

Regarding the the NT 24-man roster he announced, I am having problem with some names. It's not that I don't think that those players can play, just he is not respecting the performance and development of some players, while bringing token guys which will be 100% cut before the final roster. So guys like Macvan, Milutinov, Micic, Jaramaz etc have zero chance to make that roster and it's a disgrace to call them up. Firstly they won't get a decent chance of reps with NT and you are taking away the summer from Milutinov and Micic and such youngsters to develop and improve.

Also, if Guduric, Dangubic, Zagorac are deservedly called up to the NT, then this list had to include Musli and Jelovac after the seasons they had in Spain. Sorry but Musli is the PIR machine in Manresa and Jelovac made huge strides. These people can really contribute to the NT down the road and are playing positions which we need depth and fresh blood. Jelovac has been great in Zaragoza last 2 years and Musli is having MVP like season in Manresa (he won't get it due to the quality of his team, nevertheless he was excellent). Again they are not going to make the final roster 99% but they would bring depth and should be tested for NT instead of token players like Stimac etc. It's important to build these relationships with players, because if you hit an injury crisis (knock on wood), you cannot expect token guys to take over but rather people who can play and contribute. For example, while Stimac might be a great 3rd center for NT and just wave the towell from the bench and give his 3 minutes a game he would be a disaster of a second center if we get injuries at the position. A guy like Musli would be a much better second center in injury situations.

I think he is year after year doing a disservice to many players. He said that Bobi can't be used in his system in 2014 and he didn't call him up, then he was crying on TV in 2015 that Bobi won't come since he was the center of our plans at the position (how things change in a year). Last year he didn't call up Macvan, saying he doesn't want to waste his time and summer since he is not expected to make the 12, and now a year later he is called up I mean, make up your fucking mind

Comment

So Macvan will be in the 16?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                              I agree on the principle, and if Bobi snubs the NT second year in a row, I would not call him up ever again. Even if he somehow becomes a huge monster, the priorities are not there and we have to build without him and not hope every fucking summer whether he will show up or not. Some people won't agree but I am 100% sure this has a lot to do with Djordjevic not even calling him up in WC 2014, while Stimac and Katic made that roster. Yes, Djordjevic probably fucked that up but I still don't think he should hold a grudge. If he doesn't show up, I would write him off and go on and build with younger players.

Regarding the the NT 24-man roster he announced, I am having problem with some names. It's not that I don't think that those players can play, just he is not respecting the performance and development of some players, while bringing token guys which will be 100% cut before the final roster. So guys like Macvan, Milutinov, Micic, Jaramaz etc have zero chance to make that roster and it's a disgrace to call them up. Firstly they won't get a decent chance of reps with NT and you are taking away the summer from Milutinov and Micic and such youngsters to develop and improve.

Also, if Guduric, Dangubic, Zagorac are deservedly called up to the NT, then this list had to include Musli and Jelovac after the seasons they had in Spain. Sorry but Musli is the PIR machine in Manresa and Jelovac made huge strides. These people can really contribute to the NT down the road and are playing positions which we need depth and fresh blood. Jelovac has been great in Zaragoza last 2 years and Musli is having MVP like season in Manresa (he won't get it due to the quality of his team, nevertheless he was excellent). Again they are not going to make the final roster 99% but they would bring depth and should be tested for NT instead of token players like Stimac etc. It's important to build these relationships with players, because if you hit an injury crisis (knock on wood), you cannot expect token guys to take over but rather people who can play and contribute. For example, while Stimac might be a great 3rd center for NT and just wave the towell from the bench and give his 3 minutes a game he would be a disaster of a second center if we get injuries at the position. A guy like Musli would be a much better second center in injury situations.

I think he is year after year doing a disservice to many players. He said that Bobi can't be used in his system in 2014 and he didn't call him up, then he was crying on TV in 2015 that Bobi won't come since he was the center of our plans at the position (how things change in a year). Last year he didn't call up Macvan, saying he doesn't want to waste his time and summer since he is not expected to make the 12, and now a year later he is called up I mean, make up your fucking mind
                              I know what you mean, but let's take into consideration one important fact: Marjanović from 14' was not nearly as good player as Marjanović in 15' or 16'. He definitely made huge strides last two years. Marjanović from 14' wasn't convincing enough for Đorđević and there is nothing wrong if he changed his mind due to his development.

I was surprised too when I saw Mačvan on that list, and I'm not sure that Đorđević will write him off 100% before preparations. There is no logical explanation for Mačvan to be on that list if Đorđević won't call him to preparations. He is respectable player, he doesn't need any recognition and Đorđević would do the same he did last year or the year before that when he left him out of the list. That's why it makes me think that Mačvan may be one of those 16 players who will start preparations and fight for the roster spot. Coach shouldn't be rigid in terms of not changing mind about players that failed to impress him at first. Maybe he sees a role for Mačvan this year, especially when there is no Erceg and any real quality PF besides Bjelica.

As for Musli and Jelovac, they deserve to be at least on this preliminary list. I have to be honest and say that I haven't watched much both of them this season, so I can't really judge their play. During his Partizan tenure, Musli was quite bad and I can't judge him just from highlights this season. Maybe his stats have everything to do with the fact that he is playing for rather bad team in ACB which barely escaped relegation.

As for our youngsters, Đorđević is not really taking the summer away from them. Jaramaz, Micić and maybe Milutinov won't even start preparations so they will have a full summer to dedicate to their development. It's different with Zagorac, Gudurić and Dangubić. They all have chance to be among 16 players that will start preparations and fight for the roster spot.

There are definitely some names that should have been included in this preliminary roster, just to give them respect for their good seasons at least .

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                                So Macvan will be in the 16?
                                Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information