No announcement yet.

Serbian NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of talent, this year we have a chance to gather the most talented group of players since 2002. Imagine the lineup that features Teo – Bogdan – Kalinić/Lučić or someone else – Bjelica – Jokić. That is an incredible amount of talent. Basically, with this lineup you can design and play whatever style of basketball you wish to play. Ball movement would be scary, out of charts! I can only hope that our players, coaching staff and people around our NT recognize this great opportunity.

The biggest concern of this generation, in my opinion, is that they still haven't learnt how to handle the pressure of being favorites in knockout games. Tournament in Belgrade will be a good test and an opportunity to make a step forward in that regard. I hope everyone stays in good health.

Comment

Teodosic,Markovic,Jovic,Bogdanovic,Nedovic,Kalinic ,Lucic,Bjelica,Jovic,Raduljica,Marjanovic,Macvan!

This is the best 12 serbian player actually,are you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
        Teodosic,Markovic,Jovic,Bogdanovic,Nedovic,Kalinic ,Lucic,Bjelica,Jovic,Raduljica,Marjanovic,Macvan!

I guess you mean Jokić in that second row I wouldn't complain aganst that selection, but as much as I like Mačvan, he is not going to be called for the same reasons like last couple of years. Đorđević prefers taller and more athletic big men or maybe he just doesn't like his style of play.

Don't forget young players on the rise like Gudurić and Zagorac, I wouldn't even write off Simonović and there is also Milosavljević who is having a very good season. A large base to choose from and I'm not really sure at this point what my final selection would look like. The position at small forward looks like the weakest one, but I think there is enough of versatility to patch it up.

It's too early to talk about final selection, we need to see who's going to be available, but it would definitely be a shame to not take advantage of this talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post

Teodosic, Markovic, Jovic
          Bogdanovic, Milosavljevic
          Lucic, Kalinic
          Jokic, Bjelica, Macvan
          Marjanovic, Raduljica, Milutinov

We had a big troubles with frontcourt on Eurobasket, with Marjanovic and Jokic everything can be different.

Comment

It is such a pleasure to watch Rade Zagorac play. He has just dominated Budućnost with 27pts, 7reb, 4ass and an overall ranking 40! He scored at will and decided to invoke the ghost of Dejan Bodiroga with some sick, crafty moves. This kid has a bright future, I see him as a more athletic version of his famous predecessor Bodiroga. NT could be finally getting a beastly small forward in the near future or maybe even this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
              It is such a pleasure to watch Rade Zagorac play. He has just dominated Budućnost with 27pts, 7reb, 4ass and an overall ranking 40! He scored at will and decided to invoke the ghost of Dejan Bodiroga with some sick, crafty moves. This kid has a bright future, I see him as a more athletic version of his famous predecessor Bodiroga. NT could be finally getting a beastly small forward in the near future or maybe even this summer.
              I was impressed. I would even say I saw a little bit of Petrovič in him with the first impression. Don't want to suggest he can be that good, but there's a feeling he has some sort of X factor in him:
              Rade Zagorac had an amazing night in the first semi-final game between Budućnost VOLI and Mega Leks in Morača. Take a look at his show.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

He's not that good as a shooter, he was hot last night , also he need to get stronger, its time for him to hit the gym , he's 20 years old.
                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Rade is a solid shooter, but hard injury in the first round against Zvezda slowed him down a bit... But I am sure that he is on the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    I was impressed. I would even say I saw a little bit of Petrovič in him with the first impression. Don't want to suggest he can be that good, but there's a feeling he has some sort of X factor in him:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFU4g7fmC6E
                    That behind the back dribble vs Kanacevic was ridiculously smooth, maybe that move reminded you of Petrovć Like the guys above said he will not be as good shooter as Dražen was, but he won't be bad either. 6'9'' player who can put the ball on the floor like that is a rare skill these days.

Comment

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...l-four-phoenix

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS0...ature=youtu.be

Rade Zagorac highlights from the ABA league finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS0...ature=youtu.be

Rade Zagorac highlights from the ABA league finals.
                          Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.
                          Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                          2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                          Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                            Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.
                            Zagorac is a first round talent definitely. The main knocks on him is the injury history (which is not chronic btw, just some freaky injuries that have kept him out of playing for a while and slowed his development a bit) and lack of defensive intensity and consistency (since he has excellent defensive tools in terms of length, athleticism). So yeah at pick 60 he is an absolute steal, but the team that gets him has to be willing to let him have the ball in his hands a lot, since off the ball he loses half of his efficiency.

In terms of position he is undefined since he is so skilled and good at many things so he is a SG/SF swingman type that can play either position very well. He has excellent shooting stroke, amazing handle for such a big guy (actually I can't remember a European prospect of that size with similar level of handle since Kukoc). He needs to be more aggressive to the rim (it has nothing to do with athleticism, since he has a lot of hops and length). In 1 on 1 and ISO situations he is a monster, especially if they play him at SG vs smaller guards or at SF vs slower forwards. He would destroy those matchups. He is 6'8'' with 7'1'' wingspan and can be developed in great defender, but he has lacked coaching in this area.

The good thing about him is that he doesn't need a particular system to be successful. He has a very diverse skillset that should allow him to be productive in any offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                              Zagorac is a first round talent definitely. The main knocks on him is the injury history (which is not chronic btw, just some freaky injuries that have kept him out of playing for a while and slowed his development a bit) and lack of defensive intensity and consistency (since he has excellent defensive tools in terms of length, athleticism). So yeah at pick 60 he is an absolute steal, but the team that gets him has to be willing to let him have the ball in his hands a lot, since off the ball he loses half of his efficiency.

In terms of position he is undefined since he is so skilled and good at many things so he is a SG/SF swingman type that can play either position very well. He has excellent shooting stroke, amazing handle for such a big guy (actually I can't remember a European prospect of that size with similar level of handle since Kukoc). He needs to be more aggressive to the rim (it has nothing to do with athleticism, since he has a lot of hops and length). In 1 on 1 and ISO situations he is a monster, especially if they play him at SG vs smaller guards or at SF vs slower forwards. He would destroy those matchups. He is 6'8'' with 7'1'' wingspan and can be developed in great defender, but he has lacked coaching in this area.

The good thing about him is that he doesn't need a particular system to be successful. He has a very diverse skillset that should allow him to be productive in any offense.
                              I will take him with the 60th pick then.
                              Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                              2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                              Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/05/1...-nikola-jokic/

Interesting video with Jokić

2 important things he said:

1. He mentioned that he will probably play for NT in July and Olympics if we qualify. By „probably“ he means if he gets a call from Đorđević, not like there is uncertainty about his play for NT.
                                2. He is already working on his conditioning and agility with the Nuggets strength and conditioning staff in order to be able to play more as a PF next season.

Clearly, the Nuggets will try to unleash the Jokić/Nurkić combo for the next season and this could be beneficial for our NT as we need a backup PF next to Bjelica. If Jokić improves his foot speed and agility this offseason, that would be awesome for our NT. We would definitely solve the problem for the backup PF. Plus, he will certainly split some minutes with Raduljica and Marjanović (questionable for July) on 5. He is too good not to be used on 5 either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information