Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 334

Thread: Serbian NT 2016

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    It is such a pleasure to watch Rade Zagorac play. He has just dominated Budućnost with 27pts, 7reb, 4ass and an overall ranking 40! He scored at will and decided to invoke the ghost of Dejan Bodiroga with some sick, crafty moves. This kid has a bright future, I see him as a more athletic version of his famous predecessor Bodiroga. NT could be finally getting a beastly small forward in the near future or maybe even this summer.
    I was impressed. I would even say I saw a little bit of Petrovič in him with the first impression. Don't want to suggest he can be that good, but there's a feeling he has some sort of X factor in him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFU4g7fmC6E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    He's not that good as a shooter, he was hot last night , also he need to get stronger, its time for him to hit the gym , he's 20 years old.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,987
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Rade is a solid shooter, but hard injury in the first round against Zvezda slowed him down a bit... But I am sure that he is on the right way.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I was impressed. I would even say I saw a little bit of Petrovič in him with the first impression. Don't want to suggest he can be that good, but there's a feeling he has some sort of X factor in him:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFU4g7fmC6E
    That behind the back dribble vs Kanacevic was ridiculously smooth, maybe that move reminded you of Petrovć Like the guys above said he will not be as good shooter as Dražen was, but he won't be bad either. 6'9'' player who can put the ball on the floor like that is a rare skill these days.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS0...ature=youtu.be

    Rade Zagorac highlights from the ABA league finals.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,079
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWS0...ature=youtu.be

    Rade Zagorac highlights from the ABA league finals.
    Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.

  8. #28
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,498
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.
    Zagorac is a first round talent definitely. The main knocks on him is the injury history (which is not chronic btw, just some freaky injuries that have kept him out of playing for a while and slowed his development a bit) and lack of defensive intensity and consistency (since he has excellent defensive tools in terms of length, athleticism). So yeah at pick 60 he is an absolute steal, but the team that gets him has to be willing to let him have the ball in his hands a lot, since off the ball he loses half of his efficiency.

    In terms of position he is undefined since he is so skilled and good at many things so he is a SG/SF swingman type that can play either position very well. He has excellent shooting stroke, amazing handle for such a big guy (actually I can't remember a European prospect of that size with similar level of handle since Kukoc). He needs to be more aggressive to the rim (it has nothing to do with athleticism, since he has a lot of hops and length). In 1 on 1 and ISO situations he is a monster, especially if they play him at SG vs smaller guards or at SF vs slower forwards. He would destroy those matchups. He is 6'8'' with 7'1'' wingspan and can be developed in great defender, but he has lacked coaching in this area.

    The good thing about him is that he doesn't need a particular system to be successful. He has a very diverse skillset that should allow him to be productive in any offense.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,079
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Zagorac is a first round talent definitely. The main knocks on him is the injury history (which is not chronic btw, just some freaky injuries that have kept him out of playing for a while and slowed his development a bit) and lack of defensive intensity and consistency (since he has excellent defensive tools in terms of length, athleticism). So yeah at pick 60 he is an absolute steal, but the team that gets him has to be willing to let him have the ball in his hands a lot, since off the ball he loses half of his efficiency.

    In terms of position he is undefined since he is so skilled and good at many things so he is a SG/SF swingman type that can play either position very well. He has excellent shooting stroke, amazing handle for such a big guy (actually I can't remember a European prospect of that size with similar level of handle since Kukoc). He needs to be more aggressive to the rim (it has nothing to do with athleticism, since he has a lot of hops and length). In 1 on 1 and ISO situations he is a monster, especially if they play him at SG vs smaller guards or at SF vs slower forwards. He would destroy those matchups. He is 6'8'' with 7'1'' wingspan and can be developed in great defender, but he has lacked coaching in this area.

    The good thing about him is that he doesn't need a particular system to be successful. He has a very diverse skillset that should allow him to be productive in any offense.
    I will take him with the 60th pick then.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/05/1...-nikola-jokic/

    Interesting video with Jokić

    2 important things he said:

    1. He mentioned that he will probably play for NT in July and Olympics if we qualify. By „probably“ he means if he gets a call from Đorđević, not like there is uncertainty about his play for NT.
    2. He is already working on his conditioning and agility with the Nuggets strength and conditioning staff in order to be able to play more as a PF next season.

    Clearly, the Nuggets will try to unleash the Jokić/Nurkić combo for the next season and this could be beneficial for our NT as we need a backup PF next to Bjelica. If Jokić improves his foot speed and agility this offseason, that would be awesome for our NT. We would definitely solve the problem for the backup PF. Plus, he will certainly split some minutes with Raduljica and Marjanović (questionable for July) on 5. He is too good not to be used on 5 either.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Do you think he is good enough for NBA? Leading draft site has him going to my favorite NBA team right now 60th (which is last selection). I think he would be a great pick for 60th. I know a while back I asked if there are any good Serbian SFs out there with the past national team struggling so much at that position and Zagorac was the answer.
    Sorry for being late to reply your question. I see that CoachZ already did it for me.
    I think he is good enough to be a solid NBA player, but he is definitely going to be selected somewhere mid to late second round because he missed almost entire season and he is a bit under the radar and that's not a bad thing at all. He could be steal of the draft just like Jokić was in 2014, when he was also under the radar prospect. They have similar path and it wouldn't shock me if Nuggets GM Connelly, who has excellent connections and a knack for european players, goes after him. He needs a good offseason and a full, healthy season to finally break out. I have a feeling that he could be a superstar in European basketball.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,079
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Sorry for being late to reply your question. I see that CoachZ already did it for me.
    I think he is good enough to be a solid NBA player, but he is definitely going to be selected somewhere mid to late second round because he missed almost entire season and he is a bit under the radar and that's not a bad thing at all. He could be steal of the draft just like Jokić was in 2014, when he was also under the radar prospect. They have similar path and it wouldn't shock me if Nuggets GM Connelly, who has excellent connections and a knack for european players, goes after him. He needs a good offseason and a full, healthy season to finally break out. I have a feeling that he could be a superstar in European basketball.
    With Luwawu getting scouted so much teams of course will also see a lot of him so that could help him getted drafted earlier than the end of second round. However, money wise does not matter where you are drafted in the second round. I see he had great game in 1st Serbian game (though looks like the opponent was pretty weak).

    I actually was very mad when the Jazz did not select Jokic. I knew he was going to be a good player. Teams were to worried about him not being a great athlete.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,987
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Djordjevic announced preliminary list of 24 players.

    Milos Teodosic, Stefan Jovic, Stefan Markovic, Vasilije Micic, Ognjen Jaramaz
    Bogdan Bogdanovic, Nemanja Nedovic, Marko Guduric, Dragan Milosavljevic
    Nikola Kalinic, Vladimir Lucic, Nemanja Dangubic, Rade Zagorac, Marko Simonovic, Marko Keselj
    Nemanja Bjelica, Nikola Jokic, Milan Macvan, Stefan Bircevic
    Boban Marjanovic, Miroslav Raduljica, Ognjen Kuzmic, Vladimir Stimac, Nikola Milutinov

  14. #34
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    207
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    16 players will begin preparations for both Belgrade tournament and Olympics if we qualify.
    Interesting to see Mačvan. Đorđević wouldn't put him on the list just to fulfill this preliminary roster. He may have serious intentions with him, unlike past years.
    Good to see Lučić, there might be a chance for him too, which I would really like to happen.

    Kešelj, Birčević, Micić, Štimac, Jaramaz highly unlikely to make the cut, the rest will fight for the spot.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,849
    Country: Greece

    Default

    I'd take Stimac over Kuzmic or Milutinov.

  16. #36
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,498
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    I'd take Stimac over Kuzmic or Milutinov.
    He has no chance to contribute on offense in Marjanovic, Raduljica rotation and he is a hole in defense, so he doesn't add another dimension as a third center. So Kuzmic will probably make it, as a defender, rim protector. To be honest, one of the biggest injustices is that Musli was not called up after his season in ACB, I would rather have him as a 3rd C.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Djordjevic announced preliminary list of 24 players.

    Milos Teodosic, Stefan Jovic, Stefan Markovic, Vasilije Micic, Ognjen Jaramaz
    Bogdan Bogdanovic, Nemanja Nedovic, Marko Guduric, Dragan Milosavljevic
    Nikola Kalinic, Vladimir Lucic, Nemanja Dangubic, Rade Zagorac, Marko Simonovic, Marko Keselj
    Nemanja Bjelica, Nikola Jokic, Milan Macvan, Stefan Bircevic
    Boban Marjanovic, Miroslav Raduljica, Ognjen Kuzmic, Vladimir Stimac, Nikola Milutinov
    Why no Micov?

  18. #38
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,488
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saritasbora View Post
    Why no Micov?
    http://www.sportando.com/en/national...serbia-nt.html


  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,079
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    He has no chance to contribute on offense in Marjanovic, Raduljica rotation and he is a hole in defense, so he doesn't add another dimension as a third center. So Kuzmic will probably make it, as a defender, rim protector. To be honest, one of the biggest injustices is that Musli was not called up after his season in ACB, I would rather have him as a 3rd C.
    Seems like to many centers. Of course Jokic played mostly center with Denver. I know he was injured for most of the year, but seems like Mitrovic would be better on the prelim roster than Stimac. Also start to prepare more for future teams.
    Last edited by ncjazz; 05-19-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

  20. #40
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,498
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saritasbora View Post
    Why no Micov?
    Because he is a moron who acted like and idiot during the last NT gathering before EB 2015 and managed to get kicked off the team. He will not play for Serbia as long as Djordjevic is NT Coach.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •