Serbian NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    2 days before training camp saying i wont come...Batum example this summer,when you really want to play you find a way,new contract is not a excuse.Batum is nba star ,but he didnt search for excuses, because he really wanted to play in Olympics.He showed up iagainst Canada and helped France in really dificult game.Batum proved me how much he wanted be in Rio.I support such sportmens.
    You forgot a huge difference. Batum was not with NT this summer until he signed his new contract with Hornets. Boban said the same. He wanted to sign a contract and take care of his family. He wanted to join the team after that. He was not allowed. Also the 2 day story is just not true. Everyone knew a year ago he was a FA and that this will be an issue. That is the real excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      You forgot a huge difference. Batum was not with NT this summer until he signed his new contract with Hornets. Boban said the same. He wanted to sign a contract and take care of his family. He wanted to join the team after that. He was not allowed. Also the 2 day story is just not true. Everyone knew a year ago he was a FA and that this will be an issue. That is the real excuse.
      I think he meant that Batum was with NT during preparations, just didn't play in friendlies and OQT till signed a deal. I'm not too familiar with all that Bobi situation or how strickt Djordjevic is regarding this issue, but maybe that would've been enough for Bobi to make the Olympics now? Just showing some devotion towards NT. Actually the same thing I missed from our D-Mo this summer, such small things might mean a lot for somebody

Comment

• To be honest, I am tired of this Boban shit, just using a lot of energy on something that is settled. Coach has pulled rank and that is his right. Also in a way this will seal his faith in a good or bad way, we will see. If he does well and we have great Olympics, great for Serbia and Djordjevic but that will also mean that Boban is gone forever. He ain't gonna play for us ever again then. Mark my words. On the other hand if he fails, he is a goner because he pulled rank and left one of his best players home on "principle" he doesn't even respect

Comment

• Great response by Đorđević. Very wise and cool. He made a long statement, I will extract only few paragraphs.

"He reached me on the phone, the night before our gathering, and he was trying to justify his cancellation by the great fear of injury and necessity to sign an NBA contract (on which I congratulate), and only after that he could join the NT. He explained me his point of view and told me that he is not able to come to preparations because he has a great fear of injury.

When a professional athlete has any kind of fear, it is impossible to come out on the court as a fearless competitor who wants to win and give 100% of his effort along with his teammates. I don’t like when a player can't play for his NT due to fear, I can understand it, but I don’t like it. However, I must accept it. Every reason is completely legitimate, but its necessary to come out with explanation in a right way and in a right time with the utmost respect of the institution which is called the National team of Serbia.

I genuinely hope that Bobi will let that fear go and that he will finally, as he promised during our conversation on the phone, accept my invitation for Eurobasket 2017. and try to secure his place for the next competition."

Comment

• Good to know Djordjevic is not completely insane then.

Comment

• OK, he said his side and this is closed. I will start with Voodoo for now. Bobi will not play for Serbia again. Eurobasket 2017 is meaningless. That would be it. Good luck to boys in Rio and to Bobi in NBA.

FML.

Comment

• The bottom line is that these coaches think too highly of themselves.
                Players like Marjanovic or Fournier for France are rare commodities. Coaches like Djordjevic or Collet or Coach K are a dime a dozen. The coach's plan is to assemble the best talent structure them, give them a plan and get out of the way. Sports are about the players not the coaches. There is a reason why the players get Olympic medals while the coaches don't.
                So to all the coaches get over yourselves it is not about you, the players will determine success and failure. Understand your role.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  The bottom line is that these coaches think too highly of themselves.
                  Players like Marjanovic or Fournier for France are rare commodities. Coaches like Djordjevic or Collet or Coach K are a dime a dozen. The coach's plan is to assemble the best talent structure them, give them a plan and get out of the way. Sports are about the players not the coaches. There is a reason why the players get Olympic medals while the coaches don't.
                  So to all the coaches get over yourselves it is not about you, the players will determine success and failure. Understand your role.
                  I really wouldn't put Coach K and Djordjevic in the same basket, Djordjevic is nowhere near to establishing himself as a coach that his American colleague is.
                  Also I do agree with what Djordjevic has said that the team is not just best players put together, but players who work best together, which I doubt can be applied to Boban situation, but yea he did say one true thing. Also our basketball history, culture, or whatever you wanna call it, has always had coaches as ultimate authority who needs to be respected, and work as a team under him. In USA, or maybe I should just say in NBA, this is rarely the case, superstars like LeBron influence teams and entire franchises more than any coach ever could.
                  I won't start a debate about what approach is better, just gonna say it's a different approach, and one that is very unlikely to change on both ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                    The bottom line is that these coaches think too highly of themselves.
                    I think you don’t have a clear insight around Serbian NT. What if I told you that Đorđević held an interim meeting with players and that every single one of them was against Bobi’s return at this point. As it was proven many times, the most determinant factor of our success is team chemistry. As I already said, Đorđević is not that stupid to risk and ruin something that he has built for three years. It’s not about him, it's never about him, it’s always about the team.

Anyway, when I read some posters here, I get the impression that this has nothing to do with Marjanović not being called for Olympics. Marjanović is just an excuse for some people here to bash Đorđević for whatsoever reasons. I mean, I have a few hints why they constantly do that, but that’s generally problem of Serbian society or better say the problem of never ending division among Serbs no matter how irrelevant or stupid it may seem and how destructive it could be for greater good. Please, continue, your fails are amusing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                      I think you don’t have a clear insight around Serbian NT. What if I told you that Đorđević held an interim meeting with players and that every single one of them was against Bobi’s return at this point. As it was proven many times, the most determinant factor of our success is team chemistry. As I already said, Đorđević is not that stupid to risk and ruin something that he has built for three years. It’s not about him, it's never about him, it’s always about the team.

Anyway, when I read some posters here, I get the impression that this has nothing to do with Marjanović not being called for Olympics. Marjanović is just an excuse for some people here to bash Đorđević for whatsoever reasons. I mean, I have a few hints why they constantly do that, but that’s generally problem of Serbian society or better say the problem of never ending division among Serbs no matter how irrelevant or stupid it may seem and how destructive it could be for greater good. Please, continue, your fails are amusing me.
                      You are the one who believes bullshit from sources like Telegraf and Informer, two most retarded nationalistic media portals for those who aren't familiar with them, as no legitimate source has reported about that meeting and players being against Marjanovic. This kind of bullshit, along with stubborn and proud nature of our people, displayed by Djordjevic here, are the main problem of Serbian society since forever, and one of main reasons I was pissed with this entire situation, so think again about who is failing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SashKX View Post
                        You are the one who believes bullshit from sources like Telegraf and Informer, two most retarded nationalistic media portals for those who aren't familiar with them, as no legitimate source has reported about that meeting and players being against Marjanovic. This kind of bullshit, along with stubborn and proud nature of our people, displayed by Djordjevic here, are the main problem of Serbian society since forever, and one of main reasons I was pissed with this entire situation, so think again about who is failing here.
                        Oh boy…You do realize that you’re the one who reads that stuff since you first mentioned them, right? Don’t jump to conclusions and put words in my mouth when you have absolutely no idea what you’re writing about. Leave stubbornness and pride aside, that actually kept us alive all these centuries. Something else is tearing Serbian society apart and you are too young and inexperienced to understand.

I must have hit the nerve since you replied first, right? (this is rhetorical, no need to reply)

Comment

• This is not the first time I call you out on spreading bullshit and misinformation without citing a source, and you continue to do so. You are also refusing to provide an argument against my claims and are instead resorting to some of the funniest cases of Ad Hominem and patronizing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot having managed certain communities filled with brats and entitled man-babies, so which one are you? See, I can do that too, it's really not hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by SashKX View Post
                            This is not the first time I call you out on spreading bullshit and misinformation without citing a source, and you continue to do so. You are also refusing to provide an argument against my claims and are instead resorting to some of the funniest cases of Ad Hominem and patronizing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot having managed certain communities filled with brats and entitled man-babies, so which one are you? See, I can do that too, it's really not hard.
                            In order to call me out, you need to quote me first. I have no idea when you are referring to me, so please, quote me first. And today is the first time you quoted me, get your facts straight. Your claims? Those are silly, emotional outbursts, I can’t argue with that. Go back and read my posts about Marjanović case, I said everything that needed to be said about that.

I almost forgot, can you please elaborate when was that other time I spread „bullshit“ and „misinformation“? Everything I write here about NT is based on the words of our coaching stuff (basically, when you hear any member of our coaching staff talking about our NT or in this case about Marjanović, be sure that it reflects the state of mind of our players about that particular matter), players and basketball media around NT. You get to know funny things if you can read between the lines. And please, did I attack you as a person and gave you a valid ground to accuse me of Ad Hominem. I don't think so, I only said you are too young and inexperienced to understand some things. That is not Ad Hominem. What are your arguments? I will gladly answer them all.

And yes, Đorđević did hold an interim meeting. And no, I'm not going to reveal my source. Let's just say it's a journalist close to NT. I'm not an insider, I just got to know this particular thing almost accidentally.

Comment

• I don't think Djordjevic ever wanted Marjanovic in his squad , I don't think he's the type of a player he prefers , good thing soap opera is officially over , lets support our guys on the way to the greatest basketball NT's tournament , we have a very good team, that can play good basketball against everybody.
                              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
                                I don't think Djordjevic ever wanted Marjanovic in his squad , I don't think he's the type of a player he prefers , good thing soap opera is officially over , lets support our guys on the way to the greatest basketball NT's tournament , we have a very good team, that can play good basketball against everybody.
                                That was my point from the start actually. All I said is that he is just too pussy to admit it. Again, he is the coach it is his right to do as he pleases. We judge him on results, and if he fails at Olympics after that Eurobasket fail and costing Serbia 2+ mil for OQT, I think he is a goner. If you want ultimate authority, with it comes ultimate responsibility. So he has put his head in the bag basically and bet on himself and these 12 guys.

Of course, that doesn't mean I will not support him or these guys. That would be terrible. Still, there will always be a what if feeling...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information