• Show
Clear All

• Serbian NT 2016

Coach - Dragan Jakovljevic
    Assistant - Bald Grba
    spokesman - Tegetlija
    president of KSS - Dejan Andjus
    team:
    Teo - very good player when your team plays 6v4(so he doesnt need to play defense) - deserves to play
    Bjelica - very good clutch player against basketball giants Finland and Germany - deserves to play
    Kalinic - very good player he can hit for 2 and for 3(when there is no1 10M around him) and he can go strong till the very end(can dunk over 1,80cm players) - deserves to play
    Bogdanovic - very good shooter against FMP and can do 13/13(3pt) on training and from FT line(also can shoot over broom ) - deserves to play
    Nedovic - can hit for 3 when there is no1 on court - deserves to play
    Simonovic - very good player in 2014 against croatia - deserves to play
    Raduljica - excellent player he is very good when he gets ball under the rim and when there is no1 5m around him-finishes hard dunk - deserves to play
    Milicic - excellent boxer - deserves to play

Qualifying tournament for Olympic games be scared of us!
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Come on man, if only Bogdan hit three in the last attack we would be celebrating them as heroes, mental giants that could win even when not having their day, new golden generation. etc...

I hate our 'all or nothing' mentality, that's why we never get the bronze. We are very good with these guys, and new young talent is around the corner. Last year we overachieved, this year we underachieved, who knows what will the next year bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Defke View Post
      Come on man, if only Bogdan hit three in the last attack we would be celebrating them as heroes, mental giants that could win even when not having their day, new golden generation. etc...

I hate our 'all or nothing' mentality, that's why we never get the bronze. We are very good with these guys, and new young talent is around the corner. Last year we overachieved, this year we underachieved, who knows what will the next year bring.
      Makes me think that last year expectations for your team were much lower so there wasn't much pressure. In the semis everyone expected that you would win against Lithuania so when the game turned bad you got nervous. It's easier getting to top but in order to stay there you must have that little extra (that Spain has for instance or former Yugoslavia team had but you don't yet possess). I can't tell about the following years but you don't yet have the players/ team needed to dominate Europe and there is nothing wrong about that unless you don't recognize this reality. You can certainly be amongst top teams and even win gold next time but nothing guaranteed, so maybe lowering your expectations isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Defke View Post

we didnt not underachieved this year,this is our real possibility,lets be honest we dont have a center and without Bobi we didnt have another dimension under the rim just shooting from outside is not enough to get medal on some tournament,another thing is our media,people fans and others made NBA all star team of us
        Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Pero View Post
          Makes me think that last year expectations for your team were much lower so there wasn't much pressure. In the semis everyone expected that you would win against Lithuania so when the game turned bad you got nervous. It's easier getting to top but in order to stay there you must have that little extra (that Spain has for instance or former Yugoslavia team had but you don't yet possess). I can't tell about the following years but you don't yet have the players/ team needed to dominate Europe and there is nothing wrong about that unless you don't recognize this reality. You can certainly be amongst top teams and even win gold next time but nothing guaranteed, so maybe lowering your expectations isn't a bad idea.
          I agree, in Serbia for people you are god when you're winning and everyone start talking about gold as if we are the only good team in the tournament, i wouldn't say we underachived on this Eurobasket, we had 7 consecutive wins and i can't blame them for one bad game no matter it was semi-final, these first 4 teams are very close in quality and one game against an opponent doesn't really tell who is the better team (more fair play-off system would be exhausting for the players) so if we scored for example 3-point in the last attack and win in ot they would be the best, kings etc., people need to be little realistic, this is sport after all.

For me is a big success that even 25 years after the break up of Yugoslavia Serbia remained at the top of basketball game, very little money is invested in that sport and we are still creating great players year after year and having good results at WC and EC, people have become accustomed to the medals of Yugoslavia on every tournament that they still can't cope with reality, we have limited pool of players and it's impossible to create flawless team for every competition and simple this is the best we can get (of course Bobi would be big + but most of other teams also have someone missing).
          This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Serbia will only take it to the next level once they get a serious real leader and not the guy who pretends running this team. He did the same in previous team, once they got rid of him, they thrived. Now he is pulling down his current club which has miserable failed in every single season he was there.
            How does this thing work anyway?

Comment

After doing it once, he is doing it again?
              Is Đorđević really that stupid or just self confident?
              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                http://www.b92.net/sport/eurobasket2...nav_id=1042164
                Will you eat your underwear if they win gold in 2017?

Originally posted by parso
                Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                Originally posted by sseppel
                it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                  http://www.b92.net/sport/eurobasket2...nav_id=1042164
                  He has players to be confident with. Main powerhouses (France, Spain) will be without Gasols, Parkers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by santti View Post
                    Serbia will only take it to the next level once they get a serious real leader and not the guy who pretends running this team. He did the same in previous team, once they got rid of him, they thrived. Now he is pulling down his current club which has miserable failed in every single season he was there.
                    I don't agree, we were solid on this Eurobasket, with Bobi on qf tournament and i hope Olympics this team can defeat easily everyone except USA.
                    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Carick235 View Post
                      I don't agree, we were solid on this Eurobasket, with Bobi on qf tournament and i hope Olympics this team can defeat easily everyone except USA.
                      It will be a huge issue to have Bobi for the QT for Olympics. Current NBA regulations state that their players cannot participate in the National Team activities before August 1st, and the tournament will be beginning/mid july.

We can ask Spurs to make an exception, but that will not be easy to do taken how they behaved this year. Also keep in mind that Spurs will be title contenders and that means Bobi will play playoff basketball until mid-June (if they end up in the finals), or little less. That will not give him enough time to rest, and that makes another issue why Spurs won't let him.

Bjelica and Jokic will most likely be finished with the season in late April, so that makes them more likely to join.
                      Last edited by CoachZ; 09-24-2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

I think the rule is that the NBA player can be up there with the NT, 5 weeks or so before the official competition starts, it's not limited by date by 1st of August if I got it right.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

We will have a similar problem with Antetokoumpo (and probably his brother too), Koufos, and Papanikolaou. If they don't get clearance, we're going nowhere, since Spanoulis, Bourousis, Zisis etc will be retired by then. I expect a lot of pressure towards the NBA, from Greece, France, Serbia, Canada, Mexico etc. I don't know if this is good or bad though. I fully expect the NBA to only give permission for the Olympics, not the OQT.

Comment

Is there some serious NT who can actually count on qualifying to Olympics (has the potential) but does not necessary have to count on its NBA players (i.e. can qualify without them). I would count us in if only Marjanovic is the problem, but Bjelica and Marjanovic is just too much for us. Our roster is not that deep. France, Greece and Italy especially are in problem. Maybe some non Europe NT can fall into this 'safe' category?

Comment

Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
                              Is there some serious NT who can actually count on qualifying to Olympics (has the potential) but does not necessary have to count on its NBA players (i.e. can qualify without them). I would count us in if only Marjanovic is the problem, but Bjelica and Marjanovic is just too much for us. Our roster is not that deep. France, Greece and Italy especially are in problem. Maybe some non Europe NT can fall into this 'safe' category?
                              if Spurs will arrive in playoff finals i think parker,diaw won't play with France,Marjanovic maybe not,but not sure!

why nba wouldn't allow to play preolympics?4 years ago valanciunas and kleiza have played with lithuania!

Minnesota will finish the season in april,not problem for Bjelica in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information