September 4, Yugoslavia 110 - Turkey 78
    Quarter-Finals
    September 5, Yugoslavia 81 - USA 78
    Semi-Finals
    September 7, Yugoslavia 89 - New Zealand 78
    Finals
    September 8, Yugoslavia 84 - Argentina 77

Indeed Yugoslavia will never be world champion again
    I remember the final well (a good one), the place I was and everything, it sure brings good memories... Things that will never happen again as well... A bubble in time.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

I remember that tournament, Puerto Rico beated Yugoslavia after beating Spain. Daniel Santiago had the game of his life against Divac and Drobnjak, Picu won the game for us

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur
    Indeed Yugoslavia will never be world champion again
    I remember the final well (a good one), the place I was and everything, it sure brings good memories... Things that will never happen again as well... A bubble in time.
    Serbia will be champion of EUROBASKET '07!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasulj
    Serbia will be champion of EUROBASKET '07!
    Probably, but Yugoslavia nevermore
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

maybe they will come together one day never know..

Quote Originally Posted by Simo
    Yeah, and I will be the new Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Simo
    is it so hard to understand ex-Yu was an artificial state without their nationalities having much in common? if it wasn't for London treaty (1915) and italian expansionism it would never exist... and it won't exist ever again, since there is no 1 nation but 7-8-9, not one language but 4-5, no one religion but 3-4 and no same enemy to fight against...

if you guys have troubles, navigating this forum and would because of that like to get an old yugoslavia again, I don't give a fuck and I think neither does any other ex-Yu member here.
    Yugoslavia is fucking dead, along wit 100.000+ people, you can start forgetting about it the sooner the better, and the better we'll understand each other with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Yeah, and I will be the new Pope.
    You are young enough to have a hope

Being serious, yes there is no probability that Yugoslavia will be together again. By the way, Matiz, it started before 1915 - from Russians in 19th century, liberating Balkans from Turks. And from anyone else trying to get a piece...
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan
    Being serious, yes there is no probability that Yugoslavia will be together again. By the way, Matiz, it started before 1915 - from Russians in 19th century, liberating Balkans from Turks. And from anyone else trying to get a piece...
    discussable considering the interests of England and Russia and considering their role in balkan peninsula.
    Russians certanly played their part. With their military succes, Turkey became heavily weakened, with balkan nations being relieved from military superiority they were used to, later gaining their independance through it... but Englad on the other hand was no.1 Greek ally in their independance war... and England slowed down russians since they were afraid they might get to Carigrad- that mixes it up heavily.

Anyone else trying to get a piece- nationalism at it's best in some european countries...

But Yugoslavia as it was, started with London treaty in 1915, since Slovenia and Croatia didn't felt strong enough to oppose italian expansionism combined with potential future german nationalism (tht prooved out strong enough in carinthia anyway- long live HaiderJugend!!!)- and it prooved out they were right. If it wasn't for captain Šubić and some other imprisioned serbian soldiers sent as if representing the allies (joke of a century actually), Ljubljana would probably be included in "terra italianissime" after WW1... and that's how Yugoslavia was created... (from slovenian point of view, didn't bother much to write about Croatian point of view, but italians occupying Reka, Zadar and some other croatian cities, was probably enough of a reason...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"