No announcement yet.

[Bronze medal game] France - Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serbia peaked too early and France is simply better team to be honest. This core of Serbia is still young at they will be good in upcoming years. One of the problems with this team is - it's too finesse. Teo and Markovic are both unathletic and not a physical guards, Nedovic is soft and doesn't bring toughness, forwards are too finesse as well with Bogdanovic and Bjelica. When the "finesse" basketball works, Serbia can sweep any opponent, but in the slow and physical matchups (usually a knock out stage) those teams struggle. That's were Serbia must still improve.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Teodosić in games against Lithuania&France
      19 points in total (16+3), 4/20 FG 20% (2/8 2PTS, 2/11 3PTS), 7 rebounds (3+4), 6 assists (3+3), 5 turnovers (2+3), 1 steal (1+0)

Teodosić in games against Spain, Germany, Iceland, Turkey, Italy, Finland, Czech Republic
      12,4 points in average, 27/71 FG 38%, 2.4 rebounds, 8 assists, 2.1 turnover

and his bad defense can not be seen through stats.
      Teodosić is the best european point guard still playing in Europe, in games which are not decisive ones.
      in decisive ones?
      look at his list of trophies, that will tell you pretty much everything.
      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by unnamed View Post
        Congratulations France!
        This was unimportant game, hence the lack of effort, but even if we were playing the best we can France is still better.

On other side:
        For next tournament we need to take only: Bjelica, Teodosic, Marjanovic + 3 best players that season + 2-3 African-Americans on PF and C positions + 3-4 tall bodybuilders. This is only way we can take medal, if we physically beat every team
        This was meaningless, serbs had nothing to win and that is mostly why teo did not show most likely. They were 'pro' enough to compete a bit, but we know how your players play when they are motivated, our players still have red bottoms from last spankings.

I still think future is brillant for both NT's.
        Collet made a nice gift to our young players eventually with his choice to leave parker so long in the semi finale. Fans & other players know what to expect now, and Mr 'i cannot do everything' will leave the place for young talents. It will be much more complicated for us to replace diaw, and pietrus to a certain extent.
        For your nt, with bogdanovic you really fixed the forward position and you only need a solid back up to have a full competitive roster. As for former vrsac players, i still would opt for macvan instead of marjanovic (yeah, not the same position) as i don't see how the giant would perform against running teams. On ther other hand, macvan would offer much more talent than erceg (like playing in the post, post up game or creating offense) if he can get back to his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post

and his bad defense can not be seen through stats.
          or actually it can.
          while he was on court against Lithuania he had -6 (+-), against France -25
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
            This was meaningless, serbs had nothing to win and that is mostly why teo did not show most likely. They were 'pro' enough to compete a bit, but we know how your players play when they are motivated, our players still have red bottoms from last spankings.

I still think future is brillant for both NT's.
            Collet made a nice gift to our young players eventually with his choice to leave parker so long in the semi finale. Fans & other players know what to expect now, and Mr 'i cannot do everything' will leave the place for young talents. It will be much more complicated for us to replace diaw, and pietrus to a certain extent.
            For your nt, with bogdanovic you really fixed the forward position and you only need a solid back up to have a full competitive roster. As for former vrsac players, i still would opt for macvan instead of marjanovic (yeah, not the same position) as i don't see how the giant would perform against running teams. On ther other hand, macvan would offer much more talent than erceg (like playing in the post, post up game or creating offense) if he can get back to his level.
            This was a game for a medal. Bronze medal is better than nothing. Since when Serbia is only happy with the gold and doesn't care about a medal? I can accept that Serbian players were frustrated but indifferent or not motivated I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pero View Post
              This was a game for a medal. Bronze medal is better than nothing. Since when Serbia is only happy with the gold and doesn't care about a medal? I can accept that Serbian players were frustrated but indifferent or not motivated I don't think so.
              Actually that is quite often the case. We very rarely fight for the bronze. We lose most of the time, if we lose the semis.

Comment

and what would we have with bronze?nothing bronze is shit and should be removed from tournaments xD
                Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

France would win either way,they're better.They're not playing pretty offensvie basketball but The defensive pressure they're able to apply for 5-10 minutes is out of this world and no european team can cope with it.They got length,speed,they harrass the passing lanes,the abslute freak Gobert is the cherry on the cake for this defense.Really French should be angry with their overall result.It was their tournament to lose,and they blew it in 4th quarter against Spain.Even with a washed up Parker and a bad Batum,they should have won this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                    and what would we have with bronze?nothing bronze is shit and should be removed from tournaments xD
                    Dude it's written history. Fourth place means nothing but bronze will always have a place in the list of your team's achievements. Like it or not this is how it's always been.

Comment

Dude it's written history. Fourth place means nothing but bronze will always have a place in the list of your team's achievements. Like it or not this is how it's always been.
                      no,actually only winners are remembered,in 10 years when you ask someone who won Eurobasket 2015 they will say Spain and wont even know vs who Spain played,i dont even remember who won bronze in 2013 EB,although i watched every single game
                      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                        no,actually only winners are remembered,in 10 years when you ask someone who won Eurobasket 2015 they will say Spain and wont even know vs who Spain played,i dont even remember who won bronze in 2013 EB,although i watched every single game
                        With this mindset,so serbians havent won nothing already 13 years ? I can understand that such mindset has usa or spain,for them gold or nothing,but for serbia bronze is not medal? not achievement ? comon... now i understand why serbia missed 2008 and 2012 olympic games,because they quit playing after a lose.This why they can go till final one year and can not qualife from the group the another year....For me this is quiters mindset,if you are fighter,you will fight not only when it goes your way,but fight even harder trying to show that will not quit after heart breaking loses happens.Such mindset is alllowing you to perform well, but it also can kill you from inside.This why you have all those up and downs in last 13 years.
                        Last edited by Shawshank; 09-22-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information