Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

28 58.33%
  • Spain

20 41.67%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [FINAL] Lithuania - Spain

I love both LTU and ESP so good luck to both. I wish for a great final by two basketball giants in europe.
    FAMILY AERODROM

Spain is better. It's not only Gasol. Mirotic Llull Rodriguez Reyes are top level players (and I don't even count Rudy). Plus they really want the gold this time and they have one more day to rest. I believe there would be no surprise this time, but tbh I wouldn't bet against Lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Since when is qualifying to the Olympics more important than winning the title?Have you lost your minds?This aint Fiba Americas,it's a prestigious trophy.Anyway expect another one sided final,Lietuva will be the happy bridesmaid once again.
    This is the exact attitude that we had in 2013 Euro Final. The reason to why we lost to France.. We need to go full force. I am afraid the players will relax to much.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

I think Spain will win, but I'm rooting for Lithuania. Fans deserve another Gold.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I have nothing against it Just now, I'm more than happy with our result and couldn't have asked for more, they are already champions to me. I'll just enjoy the final without any pressure now, whatever happens happens
    I hope most of our players will not feel like that in the final. This is the kind of attitude that lost us the final in 2013. Lets give everything we got, lets feel the pressure. Some of the players out there will not get this kind of chance later probably. Lets lose knowing we tried our best. 2013 was a disgrace.
    Lithuania

FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

I like ESP team but I will root for LTU in this one.

Lithuanian team got disrespect by this forum before the EC. I want our team to win the last battle. Gasol+Mirotic+Rudy+Sergio+Lull = so much offensive talent on the floor. Also they are having 1 more day off. They seem to be favourites, but so were Italy and Serbia.

By the way, in Eurobasket 2003 final Gasol scored 35 points, but we won. Let it be again.

I can envision a scenario similar to 2013 final in which Tony Parker guided France to the final but once there his teammates stepped up and finished off the championship run. Spain might not need a monster game from Pau if the others like Mirotic, Lull, and Rudy pick up the slack and lead Spain to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    I like ESP team but I will root for LTU in this one.
    This is where we would need Motiejunas badly. This is going to be the hardest game for Valanciunas ever. 1 on 1 against Pau. One of the best Centers in European history when he retires alongside big men like Sabonis. Crazy stats from Pau. 205 points for Spain averaging 25.6 . Averaging 8.6 in rebounding and you can say he was the player to bring Spain to the final.. When Pau will be gone it will be sad.
    Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    This is where we would need Motiejunas badly. This is going to be the hardest game for Valanciunas ever. 1 on 1 against Pau. One of the best Centers in European history when he retires alongside big men like Sabonis. Crazy stats from Pau. 205 points for Spain averaging 25.6 . Averaging 8.6 in rebounding and you can say he was the player to bring Spain to the final.. When Pau will be gone it will be sad.
    Perhaps the scariest stat for you guys is the enormous number of provoked fouls Gasol gets. How will Valanciunas stay out of foul trouble? This will probably be a key factor in the game.

Perhaps the scariest stat for you guys is the enormous number of provoked fouls Gasol gets. How will Valanciunas stay out of foul trouble? This will probably be a key factor in the game.
    For sure we will use Javtokas. I just hope refs won't help Gasol by calling everything that is possible on him.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I can envision a scenario similar to 2013 final in which Tony Parker guided France to the final but once there his teammates stepped up and finished off the championship run. Spain might not need a monster game from Pau if the others like Mirotic, Lull, and Rudy pick up the slack and lead Spain to the title.
    I Agree with Pau, Mirotic, Lull and Reyes . But not so much about Rudy. Spain will use their frontcourt strength with the likes of Pau Mirotic and Reyes to really challenge Valanciunas. Valanciunas could easily collect his fouls from Pau skilled plays. We will need Javtokas to bring his best defence to the final. Also Kavaliauskas and Jankunas. The majority of the game we will see Lithuania and Spain attacking each other in the paint under the basket. I don't see Lull or Rudy shining in this game. By the way I don't see the same scenario from 2013 one. It was this attitude we had before the game that that's all we reached our Olympic spot we already have Silver loosing would not be a disaster. This time we need to come out with the attitude that Silver is not good enough .
    Lithuania

This is where we would need Motiejunas Or experience from Darjuš Lavrinovič badly. Javtokas will need to bring his best defense . And Valanciunas will need to not play selfish and pass back when clearly Pau is better under the basket. I see Maciulis stepping up in this match. Our front court bigs will be outplayed sadly.
    Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    This is where we would need Motiejunas Or experience from Darjuš Lavrinovič badly. Javtokas will need to bring his best defense . And Valanciunas will need to not play selfish and pass back when clearly Pau is better under the basket. I see Maciulis stepping up in this match. Our front court bigs will be outplayed sadly.
    Mirotic and Rudy are the weak links in the ESP defense. You will need to attack them with Jankunas, Kuzminskas and Maciulis.

Mirotic and Rudy are the weak links in the ESP defense. You will need to attack them with Jankunas, Kuzminskas and Maciulis.
    Kazlauskas will say maciulis attack inside that weak Rudy.For Fernandez maciulis was always tough matchup starting from 2010...Yesterday kazlauskas said to seibutis in the 4 querter: attack Teodosic and seibutis attacked him for the last 5 minutes

Yeah that gasol will get very questionable calls as always for sure.But what we can do? just play hard and try play smart.Kazlauskas should say to valanciunas: attack pau,he doesnt like defend inside,but problem will be he gonna fall on the floor and floop and ofcourse referees will give offensive fauls,not technicals for flooping

We can put 3 different centers on him,its 15 fauls.But i hope referees heard what colle said: its very hard to defend them if we cant touch him,and they can touch us...

THIS IS FINAL LET THE PLAYERS PLAY,do not stop the game after every touch.

I would strongly encourage all the Spanish fans here to repeat that thing of "i can't see Spain winning this", seems it's working.

Rudy is probably the best defensive player in Spain. In defense he is great now, the other day his defense on Batum was exceptional. His problem is on ofense with his back problems. We must attack Kalnietis with Llull and Chacho.

well it will be very interesting game. two diferent teams: Spain with individualy strong and skilled players against tough team-play oriented Lietuva. It will be very bad matchup for us becouse we play very tough defence and will gather a lot of fouls against Pau, Rudy, Rodriguez and Llull. serbia was more suitable for us becouse they are tough guys. if you hit serbian player in the face, he will hit you back. o the other hand if you hit spaniards they will fall like leafs from the tree in autumn and go to referee to cry like teenage girl left by her first love. it will be problem for our players. only way we can winn this is to cope with nerves (especially JV) and play our game. i think Kazlauskas must use biger rotation. few minutes of hard work in defence for Domantas and Gailius could help to maintain intensity. i don't believe that Lukas can help us in this game very much, but maybe even he could play few minutes. we need our bench players, becouse as Kazlauskas sayd, Mantas is overtired. same goes for Renaldas i think. i don't have big expectations regarding JV performance, becouse of his nerves. i think Pau will school JV this time. so all in all i think spain will winn this. maybe not by much (4-6 points) but they will winn
    Remember September 2003!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Since when is qualifying to the Olympics more important than winning the title?Have you lost your minds?This aint Fiba Americas,it's a prestigious trophy
    Well said. Gold medal > Olympics spot. Ridiculous to think otherwise.

I won't prognose or analyse, it's a final. We already did what noone believed we can do with this team, I hope we will win, I believe in our team, but no matter the result I am proud of our team. They showed what is team spirit. May the best team win.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast