48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

28 58.33%
  • Spain

20 41.67%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [FINAL] Lithuania - Spain

Default [FINAL] Lithuania - Spain

Gasol legacy vs The team spirit. Lithuania has fought so hard in knock-out stages and answered everyone (including me) that they create team spirit under every circumstance. Gasol is a medal monster and want to wear the gold before retiring. Such a great match-up!

Our main goals were achieved, the Olympic passport and the medal (at least silver). We only should switch on the TV and enjoy the show. For me, any of both teams have pressure (nobody expected a Spain vs Lithuania final). But Gasol deserves a gold for his tournament

My personal final was today. We are in Olympics and that's all I could ever dream of. Win or lose vs Spain, it doesn't matter much to me anymore. Today is the biggest day of LT basketball since 2012

Since when is qualifying to the Olympics more important than winning the title?Have you lost your minds?This aint Fiba Americas,it's a prestigious trophy.Anyway expect another one sided final,Lietuva will be the happy bridesmaid once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Our main goals were achieved, the Olympic passport and the medal (at least silver). We only should switch on the TV and enjoy the show. For me, any of both teams have pressure (nobody expected a Spain vs Lithuania final).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    My personal final was today. We are in Olympics and that's all I could ever dream of. Win or lose vs Spain, it doesn't matter much to me anymore. Today is the biggest day of LT basketball since 2012
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Rio is great and everything, but you don't get a chance of lifting European cup every year. So why not? Will be difficult but i want gold now
    Winner of the Eurobasket 2011 IBN Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by LTbotd View Post
    Rio is great and everything, but you don't get a chance of lifting European cup every year. So why not? Will be difficult but i want gold now
    I have nothing against it Just now, I'm more than happy with our result and couldn't have asked for more, they are already champions to me. I'll just enjoy the final without any pressure now, whatever happens happens

M.Kuzminskas after semifinal: Italy and Serbia had better roster,but we had bigger hearts !

Let the best team (or player Pau ) Wins !

here I think Mindozas exaggerating a bit Come on! We're on a role! I want gold this time. This Spanish team is short and far from what it used to be. Still amazing team, but Lithuania has guts and tough skin. It will be a battle! Olympics is huge, but this is a title game. I agree here with some posters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Banned

Spain is favourite but I want Lithuania to win

Btw guys, in polls whoever I voted lost This time I voted for Spain and Lithuania will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    S.Anyway expect another one sided final,Lietuva will be the happy bridesmaid once again.
    This Spanish team is not that good. Peaking team of 2008 or 2012 would tear Lithuania apart, but now I think it's going to be a close one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    here I think Mindozas exaggerating a bit Come on! We're on a role! I want gold this time. This Spanish team is short and far from what it used to be. Still amazing team, but Lithuania has guts and tough skin. It will be a battle! Olympics is huge, but this is a title game. I agree here with some posters.
    Totally agree. LTU should go into the final thinking they can win it. OG qualification? Who cares? You have a chance to be European champion. That is much more important - the objective has not been reached yet. Fight, fight, fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    This Spanish team is not that good. Peaking team of 2008 or 2012 would tear Lithuania apart, but now I think it's going to be a close one.
    For me it's all about match ups.With Serbia it was actually a good match up for you since your power offensively is on the 1-5 positions where Serbia is really weak defensively.This wont be the case against Spain.They have the best defensive guard to apply pressure to the lone pg of Lietuva and Gasol is no Radjulica.

The revange of 2003 Eurobasket at Sweden? Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Totally agree. LTU should go into the final thinking they can win it. OG qualification? Who cares? You have a chance to be European champion. That is much more important - the objective has not been reached yet. Fight, fight, fight!
    You don't know what Olympics means in Lithuania It's like a big tradition, we were working on this goal for 3 years and would be huge letdown if we would fail to make it. If I personally feel relaxed now, it doesn't mean that our players will come on court just to lose the game

Yeah I guess it's hard for foreigners to understand. I'd recommend watching the movie "The Other Dream Team". Olympics is huge for us. Regaining our independence and the 1992 Olympics and it's basketball tournament are closely linked together.

i remember how gasol dominated in 2003 final, he scored around 35 points, but lithuania still won despite his monster performance. And here we go again, 2015 Gasol at his best, lithuania and Eurobasket final. De javu?

My two least favourite teams playing for the gold. Grinders vs one-man magic. Not sure what to root for. I guess if they Played fifty overtimes and in the end decided they are all too tired and it's a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    i remember how gasol dominated in 2003 final, he scored around 35 points, but lithuania still won despite his monster performance. And here we go again, 2015 Gasol at his best, lithuania and Eurobasket final. De javu?
    Conclution? Lithuania and Gasol (Spain) are always there, at the top

It's just so nice seeing "Lithuania" next to the word 'final'

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast