• Lithuania

25 39.06%
  • Serbia

39 60.94%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [1/2 Finals - Day 2] Lithuania - Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    European classics.
    With both teams who play fair and do not ever hire foreigners.
    Two proud basketball teams!
    Hoping for a great game and nice Friday evening...
    +1

congrats to Lithuanian team...they came with weakened squad and really showed their mentality and strength by winning two important OTs and some other very close games...i was cheering for Italians but was kinda hoping LTU will go through as it's very difficult beating same team twice in a few weeks... also we would have maybe underestimate them a bit because of an easy win in a group stage and i'm absolutely sure there won't be any underestimating with our old rivals- Baltic powerhouse...

with all this said, my gut says game will end with a double digit win for Serbia...i just think we have a wider roster at the moment and unless LTU doesn't have some crazy shooting night, just don't see how they can win this... if i prove to be wrong, i'll definitely cheer for LTU in the finals

Serbia will win easily!

It will be much harder to create game plan and to fulfill it against Serbia. Italy shot itself in the leg with individual actions and awful defence. That's not the case with Serbia. I agree that stoping JV is not the key to Serbia win, he will collect his points and rebounds, Serbia need to stop Kalnietis and Seibutis from doing what they did against Italy - penetrating paint area and creating open shots for other players. I expect hard defensive game to happend. We need to cut Teodosic from other team, play really hard defense on Bjelica and of course limit our mistake numbers to 10-14max. We clearly are not favorites in this game this year with the team we have now.

May the better team win!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Raduljica is in very poor basketball shape. This is due to the fact that he hasn't been playing competitive basketball for more than 7 months. He only did individual practices, until joining the NT at the prep period. He was hoping to land a contract back in the NBA after World Cup last year, and that didn't happen. So he signed I think in October with a Chinese team for a lot of cash. That contract ended around January I think and was not extended or he left, can't really remember. In general even in peak condition he is not really a 30 minutes a game center, with his built. He has very little competitive basketball during last 2 years, and it's really amazing and a testament to the team that he is playing this well. I can't remember anyone playing on that high level at big competitions, basically coming of 2 years of not playing.

I am not that concerned with stopping JV, he will get his 15-10 or little more but that won't be the key. We do extremely well with power centers, especially ones who can't pass like JV. Our centers have a problem with quick centers who use the space much better and can cut and pass out, and be a real lightning on PnR. Raduljica and Kuzmic 1 on 1 are much better defenders then in other situations. So like I said, I don't think that will be primary problem for us.
    like kalnietis. but he didn't play last season at all...

Banned

The team with Bjelica will win

Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    The team with Bjelica will win
    Bjelica is not a difference maker at this level - he's not even the best player from both teams combined
    Like usual, serbian game goes alongside Teodosic and his mood swings - if serbian PG is in a right state of mind, we are screwed. If not...then let the basketball gods decide the winner here

Game for Olympics... What a huge price of it. 24 hours ago I would say that our chances are close to none, but against Italy I finally saw the team which I wanted to see. Sure there were mistakes at defense, not everything went fluent in offense, but finally we played basketball - fastbreaks were there, 28 assists, we made 11 triples, amazing team spirit, confidence is back too. With all that said, it still might be not enough to challenge team like Serbia, they are still favorites tomorrow, but atleast now I have a hope that it's atleast possible. Finns kept the game close for 2qtr, Chechs for 3, maybe we will fight till the end and then... who knows

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Bjelica is not a difference maker at this level - he's not even the best player from both teams combined
    Like usual, serbian game goes alongside Teodosic and his mood swings - if serbian PG is in a right state of mind, we are screwed. If not...then let the basketball gods decide the winner here
    Bjelica has more influence for his team than Teodosic. Teodosic is one of 2 best PGs in tournament but we saw him many times playing pissing contest while opponent guards were playing well. So he sometimes harms the team cohesion.

I believe Teodosic will be neutralized this game.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    You're underestimating Bjelica, good I hope Lithuanian team will also

Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    Bjelica has more influence for his team than Teodosic. Teodosic is one of 2 best PGs in tournament but we saw him many times playing pissing contest while opponent guards were playing well. So he sometimes harms the team cohesion.

I believe Teodosic will be neutralized this game.
    It is very hard to neutralize Teodosic, everybody knows that's the key and everybody want's to do just that. It's just whether his shot will serve him or not. Vs Checz he had very lousy shot but he managed to deliver 14 as. Same against Finns. I don't think that anybody can truly cut him off completely, he's way too smart basketball-wise. Even if you try to run him down and tire him, Serbia can hold the game 10-15 mins w/o him on court with Markovic / Nedovic. And I think that it's time for him again to 'release' hand (woe to the opponent )

Hi guys, long time lurker here. A classic in the making waiting for us on Friday.
    Lithuania is never to be underestimated, as they have shown in the quarterfinals, but I think that they've played their max, while Serbia is yet to switch to fifth gear.
    No matter what, let's hope for a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by vuxsa View Post
    It is very hard to neutralize Teodosic, everybody knows that's the key and everybody want's to do just that. It's just whether his shot will serve him or not. Vs Checz he had very lousy shot but he managed to deliver 14 as. Same against Finns. I don't think that anybody can truly cut him off completely, he's way too smart basketball-wise. Even if you try to run him down and tire him, Serbia can hold the game 10-15 mins w/o him on court with Markovic / Nedovic. And I think that it's time for him again to 'release' hand (woe to the opponent )
    if you look at last two euroleague final four tournaments it's not so hard to stop Teodisic

Gotta love this Lithuanian team. Wining against all odds and reaching semis having "inferior" roster is quite an achievement. It always feels much better wining as the underdog than being a dominant team. Now Serbia might be too hard for your teeth though and there is nothing wrong about this. Lithuanian team is already successful, no doubt.

On the other hand Serbia finishing first in the group of death made their road to the final full of roses. Its always preferable for the better team to face a good structured team than a crazy one with talented players like Italy which is unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    if you look at last two euroleague final four tournaments it's not so hard to stop Teodisic
    And if you look '95 and '96 you Liths don't stand a chance against us . Don't generalize that much and look within context. No NT yet on this tournament managed to neutralize Teo. I really don't expect that Lithuania will do it also. But heck, let's just wait and see.

And if you look '95 and '96 you Liths don't stand a chance against us . Don't generalize that much and look within context. No NT yet on this tournament managed to neutralize Teo. I really don't expect that Lithuania will do it also. But heck, let's just wait and see.
    in 95 and 96 it was not Serbia it was yugoslavia another countrie =D

Hollow argumentation. Serbia claims all medals 1995 onwards. But don't go there man, a lot of (empty) discussion has already been present on that subject here.

Hollow argumentation. Serbia claims all medals 1995 onwards. But don't go there man, a lot of (empty) discussion has already been present on that subject here.
    in that case lithuania can claim all medals with Soviet Union =D 14 gold medals 3 silver 4 bronze =DDD

in that case lithuania can claim all medals with Soviet Union =D 14 gold medals 3 silver 4 bronze =DDD
    I'll not further discuss it with you, have it your way (ja u klin ti u plocu). And don't worry, saying in parenthesis is nothing offending.

no, those are Russian ones in history books.
    same as all yugoslavian ones are serbian ones.
    we got the independence, they got the medals.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast