64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

25 39.06%
  • Serbia

39 60.94%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [1/2 Finals - Day 2] Lithuania - Serbia

Default [1/2 Finals - Day 2] Lithuania - Serbia

Serbian machine is proceeding non stop and as expected they get their deserved place in SF. Lithuania may stop this flawless machine if they do their things again. It seems the game is up for being the best game of tournament.

I have a feeling we're taking down Serbia. The momentum is for Lithuania. We're somewhat on a role and played every game like it's do or day game. We are ready with a tough skin. Serbia is favourite off course, but Lithuania finally had brake out, complete game against heck of team. Another close game - another thriller.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Unique matchup that will guarantee an Olympic spot for the winner.
    The team that lives in the Olympics against one that watches it on TV every 4 years. Personally as a USA fan I am rooting for Lithuania because they have always proved to be a worthy opponent in the Olympics.

Teodosic with 14 assists and Kalnietis with 11 tonight. That's key match-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

The old rivalry is back . Spain: France Lithuania : Serbia
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    It seems the game is up for being the best game of tournament.
    European classics.
    With both teams who play fair and do not ever hire foreigners.
    Two proud basketball teams!
    Hoping for a great game and nice Friday evening...

SF is a great success for Lithuania, especially with this roster, but I think that this is where the road seems to end. The quality is on the Serbian side. We have seen Finland and Czech Republic playing the best they could,and still Serbia won comfortably in both games. I don't say it will be an easy game, but I'm almost 100% sure it won't be a last minute thriller like the ITA-LTU game.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Serbian machine is proceeding non stop and as expected they get their deserved place in SF. Lithuania may stop this flawless machine if they do their things again. It seems the game is up for being the best game of tournament.
    You were right saying that Lithuania is not in top8,we are in top 4 !

Serbia will win by double digits with likely fight thrown in if Valanciunas starts his elbow-show, like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3eXo8QfG8

Serbia is obviuos favorite here.But for serbs playing us never was easy...and we are not giving up without fight at this time i can promise that ;]

Serbs you wanted us,you got us.Now you can take this easy win agains very mediocre team right?

What was always very interesting when Serbia faces Lithuania,2 very strong mentalitys and characters meets.No one will back down to no one.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-16-2015 at 10:19 PM.

hmm,Serbia vs Lithuania
    Seibutis the monster vs Bjelica
    Kalnietis the awsomenaut vs Teo
    Sabonis vs Danil...wait
    Valanciunas vs Magic Raduljonson
    StronK history vs even stronker history?
    Cold Baltic vs hot immigrants
    the game that will decide everything,
    game which decides who is winner and who is loser,
    game that decides whose team will go to olympics?
    game that decides who will 100% go home with medal
    game that decides everything
    whos gonna win?
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Serbia is a huge favorite to win this game. If they somehow manage to lose it, that would be an epic fail. This is the game where we could REALLY use Motiejunas... Oh well. I guess if we play well we could theoretically beat Serbia, but they're just so impressive this year.

Does anybody remember when last time serbia beaten lithuania in official games?

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    2013 Eurobasket, in the Group Stage. Which is also the last time we played.

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    1995 in finals??

Quote Originally Posted by Exitche View Post
    hmm,Serbia vs Lithuania
    Seibutis the monster vs Bjelica
    Kalnietis the awsomenaut vs Teo
    Sabonis vs Danil...wait
    Valanciunas vs Magic Raduljonson
    StronK history vs even stronker history?
    Cold Baltic vs hot immigrants
    the game that will decide everything,
    game which decides who is winner and who is loser,
    game that decides whose team will go to olympics?
    game that decides who will 100% go home with medal
    game that decides everything
    whos gonna win?
    Does Radujlica and Pekovic have same mother? Has Radujlica always gotten this tired so quickly? He will need to find his conditioning in order to stop JV.Good interior defense against JV means a W for Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Does Radujlica and Pekovic have same mother? Has Radujlica always gotten this tired so quickly? He will need to find his conditioning in order to stop JV.Good interior defense against JV means a W for Serbia.
    Raduljica wouldnt be able to stop me in the paint,lol i think we have kuzmic for defence on JV

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Raduljica is in very poor basketball shape. This is due to the fact that he hasn't been playing competitive basketball for more than 7 months. He only did individual practices, until joining the NT at the prep period. He was hoping to land a contract back in the NBA after World Cup last year, and that didn't happen. So he signed I think in October with a Chinese team for a lot of cash. That contract ended around January I think and was not extended or he left, can't really remember. In general even in peak condition he is not really a 30 minutes a game center, with his built. He has very little competitive basketball during last 2 years, and it's really amazing and a testament to the team that he is playing this well. I can't remember anyone playing on that high level at big competitions, basically coming of 2 years of not playing.

I am not that concerned with stopping JV, he will get his 15-10 or little more but that won't be the key. We do extremely well with power centers, especially ones who can't pass like JV. Our centers have a problem with quick centers who use the space much better and can cut and pass out, and be a real lightning on PnR. Raduljica and Kuzmic 1 on 1 are much better defenders then in other situations. So like I said, I don't think that will be primary problem for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Serbs you wanted us,you got us.Now you can take this easy win agains very mediocre team right?
    Personaly i wanted Italy since i think they are weaker team (not individualy but as a team) than Lithuania but it is what it is. There are no easy wins, although it looked like we won all matches easily all those matches were really hard to win and all our opponents were really good, it's funny that Finland and Czech were even tougher opponents than Italy or Turkey in the gropus but i am happy that we are getting more good teams in Europe.

And Lithuania is far from mediocre but reality is that our team is at least 30% better if both teams give their best but even greater reality is that there are many factors determining the match and i won't be suprised with any score but i want that final a lot more because of the Olympics than silver or gold since 2016 can be the peak of this generation.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

SRB will win this. I like both teams - good luck to you both!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast