64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

25 39.06%
  • Serbia

39 60.94%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: [1/2 Finals - Day 2] Lithuania - Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Otv View Post
    I am very proud of my team, this was a major win that I though wasn't possible, but once again, second time in a row I was proved wrong and I happy with it.

On the other hand I am not happy about what I see on these forums. I am reading the thread here for a few years now, but I feel shame reading comments of fellow Lithuania fans. They are always all-knowing, loud and proud, shallow minded bunch of people with very distinct tunnel vision and a very clear hate for other opinions.

In reality I've met only few people that I could compare to these guys, but unfortunately they are the loudest and proudest bunch on the internet. No wonder I and some other people don't even bother expressing our thoughts on forums when you get a nice discussion ruined quickly. Grow up a little, and try being true fans and some kind of keyboard warriors/Genitalia measuring trolls. Cheers
    Well said! You pretty much stole my words there... I've been a lurker here for *many* years (from the era when Portuguese dominated this forum), it's just hard to provide any meaningful insight when the thread always derails to some "I yell the loudest, hence I know the most" competition.

Either way... As for the game, great performance for the Lithuanians.. I'd lie if I told you I expected to see this squad in the finals before the tournament started (although I didn't think we were that bad as others suggest), but grinding and fighting for each point, match after match, seems to pay off. Good job boys! Serbia looked really good in this tournament overall - best of luck in the Olympic qualifying tournament. Let's hope the Lithuanians will have enough time to recover physically and will find some extra strength and determination to put a solid showing versus Spaniards. It seems like it was a very though and looooong tournament already...

rexem and otv - welcome to the forum! There are a lot of trolls who come on here to make everyone miserable. If you ignore them (there is an ignore function you can use) then you will have a much better time on the forum.

Spanish referee decides who's gonna be Spain's opponent in final. Good job FIBA.

Quote Originally Posted by apathy View Post
    Spanish referee decides who's gonna be Spain's opponent in final. Good job FIBA.
    I agree to a point. Referees made more decisions in Lithuanian favor, like that elbow in Nedovic face didn't get call(clear offensive foul), goaltending of Markovic layup off the glass, but what is really disappointing is response of Serbian players. When someone beats you(physically), you should respond much harder.

Serbia did not have the quality to win this match as favorites. They could've done it as underdogs. But they bumped in to a huge underdog.
    Now, Spain will win it. Even as favorites.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Serbia did not have the quality to win this match as favorites. They could've done it as underdogs. But they bumped in to a huge underdog.
    Now, Spain will win it. Even as favorites.
    Main deal is that if Lithuania plays vs Spain like they played vs Serbia, most of their team will be fouled out by half time.

Referees allowed rugby instead of basketball, which suited Lithuania 10x more than Serbia, they finished half of their actions with forced shots within last seconds, they beat the crap out of Raduljica without a single technical which would be called against any other team than Serbia.

Spain will win by 20 because referees won't allow rugby in that match. Spain has way more influence within FIBA than Serbia, and besides this Serbian team had no support of half of Serbia's population mostly because half of our nation is stupid and decided to bash Djordjevic because he excluded captain of Red Star Belgrade, nevermind the fact that way better players on PF were selected. And because Spain has Jordi, and Jordi is Jordi.

And another thing, if Serbian judge did this to Spain if they played Lithuania and Serbia was awaiting the victor in final, whole basketball community would be on fire due to a huge scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    that elbow in Nedovic face didn't get call(clear offensive foul)
    "As soon as the player leaves his vertical position (cylinder) and body contact occurs with an opponent who had already established his own vertical position (cylinder), the player who left his vertical position (cylinder) is responsible for the contact"

And another thing, if Serbian judge did this to Spain if they played Lithuania and Serbia was awaiting the victor in final, whole basketball community would be on fire due to a huge scandal.
    my friend its pointless to argue with retards they will always have something to say,see ya in the future lithuanian friends(ko zna zasto je ovo dobro zar ne? )
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Spain will win by 20 because referees won't allow rugby in that match. Spain has way more influence within FIBA than Serbia, and besides this Serbian team had no support of half of Serbia's population mostly because half of our nation is stupid and decided to bash Djordjevic because he excluded captain of Red Star Belgrade, nevermind the fact that way better players on PF were selected. And because Spain has Jordi, and Jordi is Jordi.
    You mean Bertomeu? what does he have anything to do with FIBA Eurobasket?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoodZ8mOSp8 is that man Greek? can anybody explain what was he trying to tell?
    It's in Arabic.. the guy was saying "yalla" meaning "come on" as there was a delay from the studio broadcasting...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I guess it's Arabic, beIn sports channel is located in UAE or Qatar
    True Mindozas... It's the Arabic sports channel based in Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    That sounds like camel jockey language, although I was trying to google translate that "yella", "jela", "jella", "yela" and did not come out with anything, I guess I did not get the spelling right L
    It's yalla.. just like "ela" in Greek... and can be used for the word "pame" as well

Congrats to Lithuania on the huge win! The final will be a great game to watch against Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    P.S. I wonder why you have to disagree with my evaluation of current Team Lietuva squad's individual power. The fact that Lithuania NT is much more than a sum of its parts (in stark contrast to teams like current Italy who are always much less than a sum of its parts) makes its success much more deserving of praise. Just compare individual quality of players you had only recently like Rimantas Kaukenas, Kleiza, Songaila, K. and D. Lawrynowicz in their prime, even someone like Jasaitis to what you have nowadays. When most of these fellas played in EuroLeague they haven't failed to deliver for the teams much better than Zalgiris and Lietuvos Rytas. And this current team has silver medal at EuroBasket 2013, was 4th in WC-2014 and will play finals this year. Out of the players I've mentioned it had only old-as-dirt Lawrynowicz twins, Jasaitis in 2014 and Kleiza in 2013. If this is not an unbelievale overperformance then I really don't know what is. Not even Angolan domination in Africa is worthy of that title.
    You didn't answer why is that sad story instead of hell of a story of true fighters for example? It's overperformance, but this happening for 4th time in last 5-6 years. With "no names roster" Lithuania rocked in 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015. Making finals is overperformance even for my tastes, but people way crossing the line treating the bunch of Kalnietis, Seibutis, Pocius, Maciulis and sort of Lith players as some not worthy to mention guys who are bond to fail and usually bring their club performances as the main argument (very reductive and inaccurate missing a lot of facts, for example, Pocius was one of the most effective Euroleague's players per minutes in 2010, this year Maciulis was a perfect role player for Real in the most important part of the season, Kuzminskas had a very solid season stats wise per minute and so on). Surely Lithuania looks way thinner on the paper than Spain, France, Serbia, Greece and even Croatia and Italy (arguably to be honest), but for Lithuanian standards this team wasn't that crappy roster wise and that's why I said I'm not sure this team is worse than 2013. JV is a beast compared to 2013, Maciulis is way better, Kuzminskas is more than way better, Kalnietis still bring it despite the struggle, Seibutis is better. Off course Lithuania is all about the team, but people should give some credit for these names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    You mean Bertomeu? what does he have anything to do with FIBA Eurobasket?
    Most of the income european referees make is from Euroleague. Do I need to continue?

Most of the income european referees make is from Euroleague. Do I need to continue?
    You should revise the match (I´m sure you won´t).

Your players chocked, they had no idea how to play offensive game, 8m 3 pointers, ... you could see fear in their eyes.

In fact, in my opinion: you lost the game more than Lithuania won it.

But crying is easier, don´t worry.

PS: for FIBA I guess Serbia vs Spain is better than this Lithuania into the final.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223