[1/2 Finals - Day 2] Lithuania - Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matrixa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoodZ8mOSp8 is that man Greek? can anybody explain what was he trying to tell?
    It's in Arabic.. the guy was saying "yalla" meaning "come on" as there was a delay from the studio broadcasting...

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    I guess it's Arabic, beIn sports channel is located in UAE or Qatar
    True Mindozas... It's the Arabic sports channel based in Qatar

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    That sounds like camel jockey language, although I was trying to google translate that "yella", "jela", "jella", "yela" and did not come out with anything, I guess I did not get the spelling right L
    It's yalla.. just like "ela" in Greek... and can be used for the word "pame" as well

Congrats to Lithuania on the huge win! The final will be a great game to watch against Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
      P.S. I wonder why you have to disagree with my evaluation of current Team Lietuva squad's individual power. The fact that Lithuania NT is much more than a sum of its parts (in stark contrast to teams like current Italy who are always much less than a sum of its parts) makes its success much more deserving of praise. Just compare individual quality of players you had only recently like Rimantas Kaukenas, Kleiza, Songaila, K. and D. Lawrynowicz in their prime, even someone like Jasaitis to what you have nowadays. When most of these fellas played in EuroLeague they haven't failed to deliver for the teams much better than Zalgiris and Lietuvos Rytas. And this current team has silver medal at EuroBasket 2013, was 4th in WC-2014 and will play finals this year. Out of the players I've mentioned it had only old-as-dirt Lawrynowicz twins, Jasaitis in 2014 and Kleiza in 2013. If this is not an unbelievale overperformance then I really don't know what is. Not even Angolan domination in Africa is worthy of that title.
      You didn't answer why is that sad story instead of hell of a story of true fighters for example? It's overperformance, but this happening for 4th time in last 5-6 years. With "no names roster" Lithuania rocked in 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015. Making finals is overperformance even for my tastes, but people way crossing the line treating the bunch of Kalnietis, Seibutis, Pocius, Maciulis and sort of Lith players as some not worthy to mention guys who are bond to fail and usually bring their club performances as the main argument (very reductive and inaccurate missing a lot of facts, for example, Pocius was one of the most effective Euroleague's players per minutes in 2010, this year Maciulis was a perfect role player for Real in the most important part of the season, Kuzminskas had a very solid season stats wise per minute and so on). Surely Lithuania looks way thinner on the paper than Spain, France, Serbia, Greece and even Croatia and Italy (arguably to be honest), but for Lithuanian standards this team wasn't that crappy roster wise and that's why I said I'm not sure this team is worse than 2013. JV is a beast compared to 2013, Maciulis is way better, Kuzminskas is more than way better, Kalnietis still bring it despite the struggle, Seibutis is better. Off course Lithuania is all about the team, but people should give some credit for these names.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        You mean Bertomeu? what does he have anything to do with FIBA Eurobasket?
        Most of the income european referees make is from Euroleague. Do I need to continue?

Comment

• Originally posted by apathy View Post
          Most of the income european referees make is from Euroleague. Do I need to continue?
          You should revise the match (I´m sure you won´t).

Your players chocked, they had no idea how to play offensive game, 8m 3 pointers, ... you could see fear in their eyes.

In fact, in my opinion: you lost the game more than Lithuania won it.

But crying is easier, don´t worry.

PS: for FIBA I guess Serbia vs Spain is better than this Lithuania into the final.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information