Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which young players will make an impact in EB 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are fooled if they think that young players under 24 can make a serious impact. When it matters, they are gone. Just two or three young players can really shine in tournaments like these.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
      Some people are fooled if they think that young players under 24 can make a serious impact. When it matters, they are gone. Just two or three young players can really shine in tournaments like these.
      At least 10 U-24 players can make impact in these tournaments. U-24 measurement is so far-reaching, if we take down the age range down to age 21, I can agree with you.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
        Della Valle,Abass,Fontecchio and Mussini!
        I was about to write Basile & Marconato...
        EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
          I was about to write Basile & Marconato...
          i'm kidding

Comment

It takes some amazing generational talent to have an impact on their first tournament.Most truly elite players started performing after their second one.
            Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
            Della Valle,Abass,Fontecchio and Mussini!
            Della Valle is the skiniest dude i've seen playing proffesinal bball since Gagaloudis.He's goin nowhere with this body.

Comment

Aleksandar Vezenkov, if Bulgaria manages to qualify.
              https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

Stefan Peno, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Els6-3GjHKk) could/will most likely be Teo's heir to the throne, great vision, high IQ, amazing movement off the ball, great athlete, impressive rebounding skills for his position, everything is there.

Vanja Marinkovic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRAQJk_18k) impressive shooting technique, accuracy, can shoot over hand and pressurized with ease even now and will improve even more. Good athleticism and will get even better. High basketball IQ, high hopes for pure blood shooting G with adequate physicality, might end up being very improved version of Rakocevic.

Others are more or less known to whole Europe, such as Jokic, Zagorac, Rebic, Tejic. Micic is 21 now, will be 23 at EC17 and besides that needs to improve his mental composition before making an impact, or even before getting called up to NT again. Dangubic also isn't considered young prospect anymore and needs to work on his shooting under pressure and w/contact since he's not a pure shooter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  At least 10 U-24 players can make impact in these tournaments. U-24 measurement is so far-reaching, if we take down the age range down to age 21, I can agree with you.
                  It depends on what you consider players who make a difference. Difference makers for me are those who can carry a team to win titles, medals, or are on medal candidate teams if you may. There's really very few players who are 23 and under on that level. People who think that they can make a great team with some players under 23 are delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Less talented, but mature players from teams like the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland are more useful than 'most' players we consider talents in Europe.

Comment

It depends on what you consider players who make a difference. Difference makers for me are those who can carry a team to win titles, medals, or are on medal candidate teams if you may. There's really very few players who are 23 and under on that level. People who think that they can make a great team with some players under 23 are delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Less talented, but mature players from teams like the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland are more useful than 'most' players we consider talents in Europe.
                    You didn't use ''difference maker'' title for these player in your first post I agree with you if you meant difference makers. Though how many teams have this kind of player in their roster, almost half of them. I can't see star players in every roster. Some have few that they are lucky, some have one that they depend on that player too much and some have no player who can change the destiny that they look for a miracle. So it is not about age but the quality of player and his winner character.

Young players can make serious impacts but are they be able to run the things on their own, it is doubtful. If they manage to be that effective then they appear as phenomena players.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Add Czech youngsters:
                      Pechachek, Peterka and Kouril

and of course Bosnians:
                      Atic, Buza, and may be Musa
                      https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                        Pau Gasol

The most promising youngs at Spain are Vives, Abrines, Díez and Willy Hernangómez (his brother Juancho too). We will need them, but if not, we can rely in a 37 years old player, Gasol deserves that credit.
                        Adria Gasol will be the MVP of EuroBasket 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                          You didn't use ''difference maker'' title for these player in your first post I agree with you if you meant difference makers. Though how many teams have this kind of player in their roster, almost half of them. I can't see star players in every roster. Some have few that they are lucky, some have one that they depend on that player too much and some have no player who can change the destiny that they look for a miracle. So it is not about age but the quality of player and his winner character.

Young players can make serious impacts but are they be able to run the things on their own, it is doubtful. If they manage to be that effective then they appear as phenomena players.
                          Usually young players bring the team down to a lower level. Some very good young players can manage and be useful to the team. But the number of players that can carry a team, a medal candidate, these are less than a handful. At the category 23 and under I'm thinking Rudy Govert for France (23), Jonas Valanciunas (23) for Lithuania, Giannis Antetokoumpo (20) for Greece. Aside from them Gentile (23) comes close, but not quite.

There's plenty of other very talented young players. Players like Abrinez for example. But they are in no position to carry Spain to a medal. Spain would fall short big time.

Comment

You don't have to be the best player on the floor to make an impact. For example Bogdanovic as a young player last year was an impact and even difference maker last year for Serbia at WC. He wasn't the best player. Kalinic's defense and transition made a huge impact etc.

Comment

Well, although he is born in 1994, Jusuf Nurkic would have been a tough challange for most of the Eurobasket 2015 centers, if he actually played. But right now it seems that he will play for Bosnian national team as much as Ilgauskas played for Lithuania

As for pottentialy new young players for Eurobasket 2017, I expect from Edin Atic (1997) to be a starting five player at that time. He would have big minutes already on the Eurobasket 2015 if he wasn't injured. Of course it all depends on his progress, he moved to AEK in Greece couple of weeks ago, we will see.

My second pick is Kenan Karahodzic (1996), but once again it all depends on his progress. He is a Unicaja Malaga players, there were some rumors that he will be loaned to Manresa, and he really needs some playing time on good level.

As for others Bosnian players, there are Adin Vrabac(1994), Nedim Buza(1995), Emir Sulejmanovic(1995), Imran Polutak(1996), Ammar Gegic(1998), Njegos Sikiras(1999), Dzanan Musa(1999)...but most of them are not that good anyway or just too young, but yeah, some of them will make a final roster for Eurobasket 2017.
                              Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Rudy Govert for France (23).
                                Rudy Gobert can't carry France, not even close I mean, can France go to him offensively? Not even close. Can he hit a clutch FT? Not even close. He will be huge at D, but I think he'll never be good enough offensively to reach that category.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information